Reply to Thread

Thread: Daniel6001 Gold Chain Explained

Recruit
    World
    Ares

Daniel6001 Gold Chain Explained

Hi, I wanted to start this thread since people are always asking if the gold chain was worth the investment. Ill start off by saying IT IS! However it does take some time to get set up to a point where it is worth it. So be patient and follow these steps.

1. Gold mine- build yourself a mine, increase it to level 2 if you do not have 8500 tools to spare (the cost of upgrading to level 5). Only run this while buffed, and when you get the tools upgrade to level five. DO NOT LET THIS MINE COLLAPSE, or your investment is lost. Stop the mine when it gets under 100 or 50 ore left (use your judgement). You can then purchase golden parrots for gems or gc through the TO. Average price is about 170-220gc, or 75 gems. You also get gold mine refills for doing some adventures, and sending your explorer out.

2. Gold Smelter- start with a level 1 smelter and only run it buffed while your gold mine is running or if you have enough gold ore to last the duration of your buff. It cost 800gc to upgrade to lvl 2 so I would leave it at level 1 until you get some GC back from the coinage.

3. Coinage- I have a level 4 coinage that i run at different times than my level 5 mine and 2 gold smelters (level 1, and 3). I only run this with a TRIPLE BUFF. For those who dont know, that would be the flying red settlers, cookies, or exotic baskets (most profitable if you use the free ones BB gives you, however at a level one paying 110gc for flying red settler in TO and having your friend buff you. it still yields 346gc, if you have your coinage at the 24 second transport time from the warehouse.) You can also purchase shorter triple buffs with guild coin in the guild merchant.

Now that you understand this ill do the math for you. You pay 170-220gc for a gold mine refill. That adds 500 ore to you mine, running it buffed you get 1000 ore, if you run your smelter buffed it is 1000 gold bars. Running your coinage then at a triple buff yields 750gc a profit of 530-580 gc. I would say thats a pretty good investment. Feel free to add me and look at my island (I play on Ares). Ill answer any further questions you guys have.

Remember to send your buffs to a friend, they last 50% longer that way and remember your buffs are most effective when your buildings are at the highest level (lvl 5 gold mine pulls out 10 ore for duration of the buff, while a lvl 1 mine only pulls out 2 for the duration of the buff)!

EDIT* Now there is opinions out there that suggest that it isnt worth the cost of the buffs until your mine is at least level three, he says that the ore is worth more on the TO, so if you can sell it do that inorder to afford the upgrades to you gold chain. (credit moto44)

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    hmmm interesting P

Reply to Thread