Reply to Thread

Thread: 2 Vet limit....wtf?!?!?!

World
    Zeus

Angry 2 Vet limit....wtf?!?!?!

WOW...really?? Too bad no one mentioned this BEFORE the last Gem sale (should've known it came at an extremely convenient time) when I purchased my 2nd Vet. If I'd known this I'd have waited and saved myself over 1000 Gems. I know that many of you will say "2 Vet's are plenty. Shut up and be happy." Well I say this "I spend my money here so you don't have to....so you're welcome. Shut up and enjoy."

I have been anxiously awaiting this Event, like most others, for specifically this reason...the Event Veteran General. Now just weeks before the Event starts you say "Yeah, we know you've been waiting for this, but we've decided 2 is enough for you." I understand the limiting of certain items: Building License's, School House's (though why anyone would willingly spend the outrageous amounts required to cause a problem with them is beyond me), even the Scout's are more understandable (if we were able to have unlimited Scouts then Adventure Hunts could conceivably pay-off huge dividends). But honestly, what is the difference game-wise between having 2 Vets and having 3 Vets?? For that matter what is the difference between having 6 BHG's and 10?? Nothing....absolutely nothing. Speed is the only thing that can be argued and anyone who is far enough along to want a 3rd Vet most likely is in this game for the "long-haul" and will be playing after the speedy levelling issue ceases to be a factor.

Maybe Im the only one that this seriously irritates, but I doubt it. And while Im b*tching...still waiting on that PvP BlueByte. Any news?? lol

- VC

World
    Zeus
    I understand why your mad on the limit, trust me if I could have more than 2 I would. Why the limit was imposed im not sure of, a BB will have to tell ya the reasoning behind it. So I guess will just have to deal w/ what we got for now :P
    Creator of the Old TSO Guide List, which is now in xMISTY's control..
    Joined Aug.8.2011

Noble
    computer chair atm, but always at home in my head
    World
    Zeus
    the 2 vet limit was announced almost 2 weeks ago here: http://forum.thesettlersonline.net/t...-Easter-Event!

within that thread:

"Veteran General" (1,350 , maximum 1 in total)

This special general gives you an added bonus, as you can assign 250 military units (instead of 200) to him. He can also travel twice as fast to adventure zones and also recovers more quickly from defeats in battle than a normal general.
    Important: each player can have only one general of this type received in exchange for Easter Eggs. It means that if somebody managed to get this general in the past in exchange for Easter Eggs (Easter event in the past), he/she will not be able to get him this year again. There is a hard cap on Veteran Generals of 2, which means that if you purchased two with gems, you will be unable to obtain a third one for Eggs.
    that thread was linked to on the game's front page when it 1st went up, so honestly saying you didnt know is simply a result of you not paying attention and reading the info they posted for us

that being said, i myself was a tad put off that they hard-capped the vet gen at 2. a 3rd vet would've been an awesome addition to my army. but, it is what it is, so as jethro said:
    So I guess will just have to deal w/ what we got for now :P
    'during times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act' -george orwell-

those who see the crime, and say nothing, are just as guilty as the criminal

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    It's been hard capped since three weeks after the Easter Event last year at 2. Perhaps you weren't playing then, but you were only allowed 1 vet and they added a 2nd general in the Gem shop after the event ended. To simply assume you'd get a 3rd when it's already hard capped at 2 in the gem shop is a bit silly. that's like expecting to get a 2nd grim from the halloween event.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreadmime View Post
    It's been hard capped since three weeks after the Easter Event last year at 2. Perhaps you weren't playing then, but you were only allowed 1 vet and they added a 2nd general in the Gem shop after the event ended. To simply assume you'd get a 3rd when it's already hard capped at 2 in the gem shop is a bit silly. that's like expecting to get a 2nd grim from the halloween event.
    i also had already 3 recyclers from the shop, and got the 4th on christmas event....maybe its not that silly...

World
    Zeus
    they have changed this to Allow all players to obtain a third Vet with Eggs!

BB listened to their fan base, imagine that

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity6 View Post
    they have changed this to Allow all players to obtain a third Vet with Eggs!

BB listened to their fan base, imagine that
    We always listen to our fan base! Feedback is very important to us. That said, just because we don't implement a change that is suggested doesn't mean we don't listen to it. Maybe that feedback will influence something else in the future in a way you never would have guessed! But please never feel like we don't listen to you guys. You're the reason this game is so awesome and we always take your thoughts into account.
    BB_meesherbeans
    Community Manager
    Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook | Contact support

Reply to Thread