Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Crisis Quests - "Producing" Damascene Sword/Crossbows etc.....

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Well, the very next guild guest after this first that requires giving up 40 carriages is yet another 40 carriages. I've noticed they no longer say "own" but now its "pay" on these resources. The new guild quest combined with the 4 winds quest chain just goes to show the devs have realized what we've all known for long time. That the expert buildings are pointless. So now they are trying to force us to build them. This game isn't about building your own island how you want. Its almost like they are saying, "build your island the way we expect you to or we'll just make it so you have to." I'm very dissatisfied with how these quest are being presented. It wouldn't be so bad if they made the requirement to own the resources instead of paying them. That way those that didn't want to deal with expert buildings could just trade friends for needed resource. I'm waiting for other ball to drop and guild quest to start saying "produce" expert resources.

World
    Zeus
    I agree that the new quest line is stupid when you attach the time limit... BB needs to get real on these quests. Do away with the time limit or NO ONE will do them... /sigh

World
    Zeus
    NO ONE doing the Four Winds??? I know that's not true.
    Reading through the posts in this thread it is clear that some rather sad whinging souls log-on to this game. Remember it is just that....a game...
    This latest quest chain is certainly a challenge which stands it out from some of the other quests which are so easy they are actually completed before you have had a chance to even look at them.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    There are a few problems with the quest, from what I can see:

1 - If you don't have a veteren general and are over level 35, forget it. Can't be done. (Bandit nest losses are WAY too high)

2 - HUGE expense in terms of resources for not much reward.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    It's produce 250 settlers. as in your village schools and love potions on your mayors house, not just crank out 250 settlers in your prov house. Why would you think BB would make it that easy?

I stopped doing them when I reached the outlaws quest and finally saw what all laid before me for the rest of the quests and threw my hands up in the air and said no fecking way. I'm certainly not going to be able to find 200 frags in less than 2 weeks to buy Bandit's Nest and hope to god I get Granite from it. If i don't well then i'm totally screwed aren't i? and 500 longbowmen? what the hell am I going to do with 500 longbowmen but be forced to run another adventure to intentionally kill 250 of them and waste two gens just to get my pop cap back in order. and then of course to top it off, i've got to get granite from Old Friends which means a million WOTS runs hoping to get OF because you never see them for sale on the TO.

Seriously BB. You need make these crisis quests "economic" in nature and not gated content that's only doable by the truly insane. (I don't block, so i'd have to run outlaws once to lose enough recruits to have room to train militia to run outlaws a second time to lose all my militia, to train recruits again just to complete one quest. no thanks.)

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    I "gave up" on the 36-45 phase when I started the Outlaws adv and realized I would need to raise and waste 500ish Militia units or throwa away 300+ soldiers to meet the "500 or less Recruits lost" requirement. Looking ahead, I saw that my next quest woul be Bandits Nest - oh joy! Far too expensive and time consuming for me to continue.

However, I congratulate those who will continue and finish this quest!

World
    Zeus
    Especially when you have to not only finish Bandit Nest (Which is a pain to get in the first place) but then get Granite as a reward!! I'm now 0-3 on this one. I think I'm going to give it one more shot and then resolve like my other guildies to quit. You would think you could get granite 1 out of 4 times!! :P

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    if anyone is able to finish this questline before time runs out they deserve much more than the stated rewards. at least a forum title..."too lucky and too much time on my hands" might be appropriate

Reply to Thread