Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Crisis Quests - "Producing" Damascene Sword/Crossbows etc.....

Recruit
    World
    Zeus

Crisis Quests - "Producing" Damascene Sword/Crossbows etc.....

Please tell me that collecting these weapons as resources from adventures can count as "Producing" them.

If not, I am going to be highly peeved that we are being pigeonholed into building useless crappy buildings with insane resource costs, not to mention having to build them in a time frame of 2 weeks.

This quest chain and idea looked great at first, now it stinks again of the reminder that the devs do not play this game

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Ok, so apparently you do have to produce them in buildings.....

What on earth are the Devs of this game thinking?

taken from Starfires link....

Levels 46-50
    1. Find 30 granite from very long treasure search, pay 500 saltpeter. Reward: 625 exotic wood planks
    2. Produce 20 damascene swords, pay 5000 marble. Reward: 100 titanium ore
    3. Produce 200 baskets, use 175 baskets. Reward: 200 exotic wood
    4. Obtain 50 baskets, finish Black Knights without losing a single soldier. Reward: 500 granite
    5. Produce 20 crossbows, get 1000 granite loot from Motherly Love (37% chance). Reward: 700 coins
    6. Pay 10000 sausages, own 200 crossbowmen. Reward: 450 coins
    7. Produce 170 titanium bars, own 2000 granite. Reward: 200 titanium bars
    8. Produce 250 settlers, own 3800 steel swords. Reward: 400 bread
    9. Buy 2000 coins, own 100 elite soldiers. Reward: 400 brew
    10. Pay 100 steel bars, get 600 granite loot from Surprise Attack (33% chance). Reward: 100 damascene swords
    Final reward: silo, watermill, 500 gems
    Unless you had the smelter and smiths built before hand, and you get lucky on granite from quests, the 2 week window to finish this isn't a "Crisis" it's a crapshoot.

Levels 46-50
    1. Find 30 granite from very long treasure search -- 1 day minimum, from the start of the event (maybe sooner if you knew ahead of time and started them before the maintenance, but things like that shouldn't be required to finish a quest like this)
    2. Produce 20 damascene swords -- Not to bad if you already have the D-Sword smith already made, but I know there is less than 50% of the 46+ player base that does not have this building, as well as the other high end weapon chains.
    3. Produce 200 baskets -- Just about another half days worth of time
    4. Obtain 50 baskets, finish Black Knights -- Should only take a couple hours
    5. Get 1000 granite loot from Motherly Love (37% chance) -- Great here we need luck and either to buy loot spots or hope to have 600+ cavalry ready to burn. This could take anywhere from 1-3 hours all the way to 2 days.
    6. Pay 10000 sausages, own 200 crossbowmen -- Finally a quest that should only take a few seconds.
    7. Produce 170 titanium bars, own 2000 granite -- Another quick one, maybe an hour or 2
    8. Produce 250 settlers, own 3800 steel swords -- Fairly quick, 2 hours tops... unless of course "Produce" means grow from natural growth, but I hope it's Provision house time, which is still an hour and change
    9. Buy 2000 coins, own 100 elite soldiers -- Basically selling resources, should be doable in another hour or so.
    10. Pay 100 steel bars, get 600 granite loot from Surprise Attack (33% chance). More randomness to finish off the quest, could be done in 3 hours, could take 3-4 days.

These "time restricted" events are quite silly. especially when you throw in random factors. My first guess, is the developer who came up with "The End of the World" competition must have come up with this one as well, and I would wager they have not played this game past level 20.

Way to go Devs

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    I'm glad i'm not the only one that thinks its ridiculous that to finish the quest we are required to build expert buildings. I don't have any plans to ever build them. They are far too expensive for what they produce and production cost are far to high. Its foolish to make this kind of quest.

World
    Zeus
    Unfortunately, I built the Dsword maker, to complete the second stage of the quest, I had been holding off on all of those, as Arcain said...
    They are far too expensive for what they produce and production cost are far to high
    and that these quests give xp... which is completely wasted on me, being a level 50.

I had not seen what the rest of the quest has entailed for me, until of course, today. I will not be continuing on with these quests. I will not be building anymore buildings that require me to spend ridiculous amounts of granite and other things, as well as wasting a great deal of xp when they are completed, as doing some of these quests for the Four Winds, completes some of my subquests off of my main quests which give xp.

World
    Zeus
    Looks like another one that I will just say "To **** with it" and move on to something else.
    If something can go wrong, it will.

World
    Zeus
    I have to agree... if there are going to be 10 "sub quests" and only 2 weeks to complete, they could have made this very simple and doable by making all 10 "sub quests" active immediately. There is no reason to have one sub quest trigger another in this "event".

Noble
    computer chair atm, but always at home in my head
    World
    Zeus
    even w/out the time constraints (tho tht does make it worse) the cost to complete the entire quest chain far outweighs the rewards. i personally will not be doing these quests
    'during times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act' -george orwell-

those who see the crime, and say nothing, are just as guilty as the criminal

World
    Zeus
    Please developers, get it together on creating quests, this one is absolutely absurd. I also will be cancelling out this one.

World
    Zeus
    now see the problem isn't that the devs don't play its that the dev's just push a button and they are handed a level 5 of what ever building they want and another button to add resources to max.
    If at first you don't succeed blame someone else!

World
    Zeus
    yep, ridiculous quests, will not be doing. way to fail bb

Reply to Thread