Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Blocks ruined in the new patch. Zero % of guides work. Nice job.

This problem does need to be fixed, and I am pushing as hard as I can, so that they know how serious an issue it is for players. But to accuse us of maliciously introducing code to "destroy blocking?" C'mon now, guys. You know that's not the case. We're looking into it and we will resolve it as soon as possible. I know it's frustrating in the meantime, and I apologize for that (no seriously, I know it sucks). But we are working toward getting the game running smoothly again.
    BB_meesherbeans
    Community Manager
    Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook | Contact support

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Ok simple yes or no question. and OR is not the answer here.........Is there going to be blocking, and i Quote "Blocking is not a cheat or glitch" or is block not acceptable as players are using it to advance rather faster then the BB team expected. either way im not going to stop playing i just want to know so i dont waste my time killing troops. i mean if i have to kill 1000's troops on 1 adventure i may not come back. So yes or no Blocking or no Blocking

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Not sure why, but my posts with the solution keeps getting deleted. I'll repost until one stays:

In the multi-block scenarios, delay the last general 5 to 7 seconds before attacking. I've used this on 4 "Outlaws" and 2 "Black Knights" and works flawlessly. I've never had one of the previous battles finish too early.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Hi BB_meesherbeans,

I do not place blame or flame upon you or the rest of the support staff, I hope you understand that. Personally, I don't think the developers are doing anything malicious either.

However, the crux of my continued input on this thread and my support ticket is this:

The developers and your company have put you (the support staff) in a very hard position by not supporting or preventing blocking. You now have to walk a very fine line of "yes that looks like a problem" while at the same time stating "it is not a problem that it does not work the way you expect because we do not support it".

If I can make a request of you, it would be that I feel it is time the issue of blocking be settled from a high level within your company: It should be officially supported, or made impossible.

This current set of issues, and several others like it in the past, are damaging the reputation of:
    * the support team, since they are delivering unpopular and confusing messages
    * the development team, as clear gaps in their development and testing processes have led to these problems
    * your entire company, since issues like this highlight the ways in which users utilize the product your company offers, yet the company is not seen as understanding or caring about what the users like versus dislike, due to the messaging we are receiving.

I hope this message was constructive, and I hope people higher up in your company consider this feedback not as a whine from yet another user, but as business feedback and critique. You make a fine product, but at the end of the day it is how the company is seen treating it's users that will ultimately determine whether we stay, enjoy, and tell our friends, or move on to the next shiny game vying for our time and money.

Regards,
    Malacai

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by malacai17 View Post
    Hi BB_meesherbeans,

If I can make a request of you, it would be that I feel it is time the issue of blocking be settled from a high level within your company: It should be officially supported, or made impossible.

Regards,
    Malacai
    If I may make one comment. I'm sure that by now, many people know my interest in blocking. Although stated that it is an unintentional feature, it is an extremely appealing one. It has never been stated that it would be removed. However, this problem is related to aggro changes recently imo, not specifically the blocking abilities.

In regards to making it an official company feature/ability, that's fine but I do not see support in regards to blown block compensation happening, it's too complicated an issue between the claimant and support. .

Just my two cents, and you know what that's worth nowadays.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanii View Post
    In regards to making it an official company feature/ability, that's fine but I do not see support in regards to blown block compensation happening, it's too complicated an issue between the claimant and support. .
    Indeed, I am not expecting compensation for the blocks that fail for me. Nor would I expect BB to be responsible for compensating folks when blocks do fail; agreed that is a rather onerous prospect.
    To play devil's advocate for a moment with my Computer Science hat on for a moment, one would hope that BB has logs and the ability to parse those logs to precisely determine this kind of information quickly and easily. Sawzall (http://research.google.com/archive/sawzall.html), for one example.

Back to blocking: It's a multi-faceted issue for sure, but in my mind official support for the ability to perform blocking (one general taking away a camp's aggro range during an attack to allow other generals to pass by) is separate from the support for specific blocks (and compensation when they fail). This is something that could be called out explicitly in an official statement, should BB choose to go this route.

World
    Zeus
    Indeed, I am not expecting compensation for the blocks that fail for me. Nor would I expect BB to be responsible for compensating folks when blocks do fail; agreed that is a rather onerous prospect.
    To play devil's advocate for a moment with my Computer Science hat on for a moment, one would hope that BB has logs and the ability to parse those logs to precisely determine this kind of information quickly and easily. Sawzall (http://research.google.com/archive/sawzall.html), for one example.

Back to blocking: It's a multi-faceted issue for sure, but in my mind official support for the ability to perform blocking (one general taking away a camp's aggro range during an attack to allow other generals to pass by) is separate from the support for specific blocks (and compensation when they fail). This is something that could be called out explicitly in an official statement, should BB choose to go this route.
    I understand. I specifically have tried to keep my cs hat off for this one Although we both seem to know there are solutions and methods, as you mentioned, most of this is in the hands of mgmt (as usual) about deciding what might be worth the resources and support.

World
    Ares
    Love the blocks and love Tage's guides! He has done a lot of good work for this game. Please fix this.
    Still around from time to time.

World
    Ares

We don't want support's hats. We want players' hats!

World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_meesherbeans View Post
    This problem does need to be fixed, and I am pushing as hard as I can, so that they know how serious an issue it is for players. But to accuse us of maliciously introducing code to "destroy blocking?" C'mon now, guys. You know that's not the case. We're looking into it and we will resolve it as soon as possible. I know it's frustrating in the meantime, and I apologize for that (no seriously, I know it sucks). But we are working toward getting the game running smoothly again.
    Thanks Meesher. The players appreciate your effort to get this fixed!

Reply to Thread