View Poll Results: How Important Is the Blocking Feature To Your Interest In The Game?

Voters
145. This poll is closed
  • Keeps Me Playing The Game

85 58.62%
  • Fairly Important

36 24.83%
  • Not So Important

6 4.14%
  • I Don't Block

18 12.41%
Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Survey - Who Thinks Blocking Is A Main Attraction For Staying With The Game?

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesson View Post
    Probably an unintentional glitch introduced when putting in some of the new features for adventures.
    I agree, I highly doubt it was intentional.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    I block rarely, and if blocking was the only reason I kept playing this game I would have left long ago.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Carcator View Post
    I block rarely, and if blocking was the only reason I kept playing this game I would have left long ago.
    Yeah not much to stay for if all you care about is blocking. I play for the socialization that's involved and meeting people around the world. *ahem* Evil_J lol

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Lacuna View Post
    Yeah not much to stay for if all you care about is blocking. I play for the socialization that's involved and meeting people around the world. *ahem* Evil_J lol
    I agree but I also know that alot of people love the blocking aspect of the game, so I don't feel that any of my guildies that do love to block would quit the game, it would however, take some of the fun out of it for them.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Lacuna View Post
    I voted that it was fairly important, only because blocking doesn't keep me playing personally. The great people I have become friends with and got to know on here, and my guild, is what keeps me playing.
    I agree with this. However if blocking is removed, I doubt I will continue playing. I may just buy ls and do the simple adventures, but blocking at least adds a little excitement to the game.

Constructive threads like this are very helpful for us! That said, please let me assure you: as far as I am aware, we have no plans to remove blocking. While it's not an intended function (aka if lag borks it up, we won't compensate), it is certainly not something we are intending to remove. The game is not running smoothly at the moment, and I do apologize for that, but it's not part of some scheme on Ubi/BB's part to remove blocking from the game. We're actively looking into ways to get the game running optimally again.
    BB_meesherbeans
    Community Manager
    Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook | Contact support

World
    Ares
    Outlaws I was able to get by it this time by assuming the glitch would happen...I added about 5 seconds
    2days ago, did SftR, i did almost what she did above, except, i added 5 secs as soon as i saw genl appear, and it worked... I've done it now 3 times, and missed once... (block fail)...

World
    Ares
    My suggestion to

BlueByte
    is this... and I no they dislike following what other Online Games do... Perhaps though they will see it is the normal Protocol... BB_meesherbeans, maybe u and ur team can tell em bout US Servers...

Pls read... the giant mmo's host base in countries were high traffic occurs... for example -
    Zeus Ares should be ran from USA and/or Canadian Hosts. They know they can still remotely maintain them. It would fix the current traffic lags. Our pings
    are going from here to there lol and on prime time ... the cost in troops for myself is becoming unspeakable... I've tons of exp with this... I no they
    adjusted bottle necks n so forth, still the cannot change the ping distance ... nor i'm sure with the costs of bandwidth want to run 24/7 at max... The other alternative is to run remotes out of Netherlands... Many do this as well as there isn't a cap... (or used to, i have't kept up to date on this)

I no one of the biggest MMO's hires a San Diego based Team to run they're servers from I think Houston Texas... for North America and its Europe servers
    are in UK .. and EstEur...is Germany... and so on..

I've played the above mentioned for years, and never ever had a lag issue... and its flash game, with timed attks. Sometimes even with it, i'd have to stop
    and resend stop resend...

To Our precious Settlers Online Game ; I've started Testing some changes, n waste the troops .. but Oh Well...
    -I started ... Sending and Recalling... by my instinct of.. oh crap its not gonna hit right n my block will die to soon... becuz there's something to the jumping of Genls' during the Red Boundary thing...

So yesterday, I adjusted my Block troops, and so far it worked... (doing VtV) ... maybe others will start lookin deeper into a fix to learn to play for now with this problem...

Pls remember this is just my opinion... weather wrong or right...

Asia

World
    Zeus
    Personally I dont block, I definitely see the appeal of it Im just too chicken to do it. Ive tried it numerous times and fail far more often than I succeed. However, that being said, if the BB team didnt plan on blocking and its just something that clever players came up with, didnt they realize that players will require new Adventures ?? How many times did they expect a "regular joe" player to be able to run these same Adventures over and over again before they said "Enough is enough! Boooooorinnnnng!" IMO they should be releasing new Adventures FAR more often than they do. One a month would be great but one every other month is COMPLETELY within reasonable limits. Being level 49 I know that Ive grown quite bored with running the same Adventures repeatedly, even though Im not limiting myself to the Adventures with high exp/troop loss ratios. I couldnt imagine how anyone could make it to the upper echelon levels without blocking AND sticking to only the high ratio Adventures. Blocking, as stated in earlier posts, adds to the excitement and replayability of these same old Adventures, changes their ratios, and gives the high level players something to play around with after the luster of finally receiving Cannons wears off (Which is yet another reason they should be settling this blocking issue, without blocks Cannons are just overpriced X-Bowmen).

Sorry, I know I got a tad off-topic there but thanks for sticking around.

- VC

Reply to Thread