View Poll Results: How Important Is the Blocking Feature To Your Interest In The Game?

Voters
145. This poll is closed
  • Keeps Me Playing The Game

85 58.62%
  • Fairly Important

36 24.83%
  • Not So Important

6 4.14%
  • I Don't Block

18 12.41%
Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Survey - Who Thinks Blocking Is A Main Attraction For Staying With The Game?

World
    Zeus

Survey - Who Thinks Blocking Is A Main Attraction For Staying With The Game?

Regardless of the fact that I've been told that blocking was unintentional by the developers, personally I think it's one of the most intriguing aspects of the game and what keeps me primarily interested after almost a year of playing. I actually applaud the concept in the game!

After the recent problem(s) surfaced as described in this thread

forum.thesettlersonline.net/threads/17688-Blocks-ruined-in-the-new-patch.-Zero-of-guides-work.-Nice-job.

I thought I'd do this survey.

Please Vote In The Survey Above, "How important is the feature to have blocks in the game to you?"

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    one thing i realized is when your at a higher level doing bigger adventures the blocking aspect gives you the adrenaline rush needed in this kind of game

World
    Zeus
    I don't block... I have tried blocking and found that I suck at it lol... I do also realize that ALOT of players are here for blocking because they love the thrill of it. Out of my guild of 30 I would say there is probably only 4 of us that don't block. I would hate to see my guildies as well as all my friends that block leave the game because it was unintentional by developers.

I think is super intriguing as Sanii said, I just suck at it lol. I hope that they do not mess with it any further. I have had one of my guildies point out with the new blocking issues, that he has changed his timing on the blocking and found it to work better, so maybe all that is needed is slight changes? But as I said I don't block, so I have no idea if that is actually what may need to happen or not.

World
    Zeus
    On Outlaws I was able to get by it this time by assuming the glitch would happen...I added about 5 seconds past the drum roll and it worked...not sure what's going to happen on other Adventures though.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Galaxia View Post
    I don't block... I have tried blocking and found that I suck at it lol... I do also realize that ALOT of players are here for blocking because they love the thrill of it. Out of my guild of 30 I would say there is probably only 4 of us that don't block. I would hate to see my guildies as well as all my friends that block leave the game because it was unintentional by developers.

I think is super intriguing as Sanii said, I just suck at it lol. I hope that they do not mess with it any further. I have had one of my guildies point out with the new blocking issues, that he has changed his timing on the blocking and found it to work better, so maybe all that is needed is slight changes? But as I said I don't block, so I have no idea if that is actually what may need to happen or not.
    I'm shocked Galaxia, simply shocked! I had no idea that you were block impaired jk of course. Latest issues sure put a kabosh on me completely the blocking tutorial/encyclopedia

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanii View Post
    I'm shocked Galaxia, simply shocked! I had no idea that you were block impaired jk of course. Latest issues sure put a kabosh on me completely the blocking tutorial/encyclopedia
    I know right... completely block impaired... i am so ashamed lol. And thats too bad I know alot of my guildies were sure looking forward to your tutorial, as well as myself. Might have even convinced me to try it out for myself.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Galaxia View Post
    I know right... completely block impaired... i am so ashamed lol. And thats too bad I know alot of my guildies were sure looking forward to your tutorial, as well as myself. Might have even convinced me to try it out for myself.
    Well depending on their resolution of the issue, I may finish it, got about 85% done when this happened. Their response to my ticket was of course "Blocking is not supported and was not intended by the developers". Current issue really isn't about blocking imo.

World
    Zeus
    The title of the thread and the title of the poll ask very different questions. I like blocking and the thrill is substantial the first couple times, but I would definitely not call it the main reason I play.

Settlers Guide
    World
    Zeus
    How boring would adventures be if you could not block?
    The same troops every time. No timing issues. No experimenting to find just the right way to time the blocks.
    No experimenting with just the right troop totals in the block to extend the block as long as possible. In a nutshell, BORING!

And, of course, the serious rush of when a block is ending and your main attack is behind. I have had numerous times where the block finished first and I lose very important troops. If there was no blocking, I would never lose Elites, Longbows (unless I choose to), Crossbows, or Cannons. But with blocking, that risk is in the game and that boosts the excitement.

Regardless of what the Developers Intended, BLOCKING makes adventures have some danger and variability. I does keep me in the game and that means I occasionally spend money.

Finally, while BB may not support blocking and various server side issues involved with it. They should not be actively trying to stop it just because enterprising CUSTOMERS have found a neat way to save a few troops.

World
    Zeus
    Just found this on the other forum post -- not really relevant to what you are trying to poll out, but I figured since a bunch of players are going to be looking here they might as well have one place to go to see the information going on about blocking

Hi there, everyone! Just read this thread and would like to point out two things.

One: We are aware the the game has been laggy since the game update earlier this week, and are looking into ways to help bring this back down. Smooth service is definitely one of the most important things to us and we're on the case! (No, seriously. We really are.)

Two: While we are really happy that people enjoy utilizing "blocking" in adventures, the actual act is not in and of itself an intended game mechanic. It's certainly not a cheat or glitch and we'll never action someone for using it, but it's not something that is built into the intended gameplay. While there is the lagging issue, and we are most certainly investigating ways to reduce it, blocking not working as a result of it is not what we are trying to fix.
    BB_meesherbeans
    Community Manager
    clikc here for direct link to forum post

Reply to Thread