Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Four Winds Quest Chain ABANDONED

Recruit
    World
    Zeus

Four Winds Quest Chain ABANDONED

Since there is a COMPLETED thread, I thought it would be appropriate to start an ABANDONED thread. Please simply state when you abandoned the quest chain and why. I am looking for logical reasons so that BB will get a feel for why people might not like this type of thing in the future.

As for my story:
    I abandoned all hope of completing the quest chain today after finishing my 6th Bandit Nest adventure and never receiving granite.

I spent over 7,000 gc net worth of resources and fragments on this one step of the quest, which makes just this one step more expensive than the entire reward for the chain. Perhaps it was stupid of me to enter a time-limit lottery disguised as a quest chain.

Myr

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I read thru the chain - decided it was not cost effective - and deleted it - never started it

Noble
    computer chair atm, but always at home in my head
    World
    Zeus
    same as spudseq, did the 1st subquest to find granite on very long treasure hunts, read thru what the rest of the quest chain had in store for me when i saw the next subquest involved building a dama-swodsmith, and decided the rewards were not worth the time, effort, and costs of completing it all.
    'during times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act' -george orwell-

those who see the crime, and say nothing, are just as guilty as the criminal

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I started the Four Winds Quest. I am now stuck trying to get 700 granite from the Island of the Pirates quest. I've tried 2 times with no luck. I am running out of time and resources to complete it now. Unfortunate because the payoff would be nice. I am at level 33 and believe this quest is designed for those who are of a much higher rank.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    I stopped at second step bc i refuse to build expert buildings (and all supporting chains) just for this quest. Never had plans to build them, and no quest will change that.

World
    Zeus
    What LostSoul913 and Arcain said.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I'm on the fence but will probably be forced to give up on this quest. I'm lvl 39 and bandit nest guides all want elites. I lost over 200 cavalry before I knew the blocks didn't work and the price of bandit nest is through the roof on Zeus. If I don't get a bandit nest from this round of explorers i'm done.

World
    Zeus
    After 2 badit nests, without granite

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    bandit nest wont be found by your explorers. it is only available in the merchant for 200 map frags. all the more reason that this quest chain is rather ridiculous
    'during times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act' -george orwell-

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    just a suggestion to BB for the next event quest chain: if the costs to complete the subquests arent lowered, make some amount of gems a reward for every subquest within the chain, as well as the gem payout for completing the entire chain. that might make it economically worth it to more players to complete it all. as it is, the payout is nowhere close to equalling the costs.

Reply to Thread