Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Auction Channel (Global-5) Guidelines and Info

Settler
    World
    Ares
    oh ok well I will ask on here the best time to run the auction so I know when to run the next one for a good crowd. if you see anyone who participates in the auction please direct them over here to answer this question.

When is the best time for an auction? this includes days of the week AND time of day.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    9:00 PM Eastern Time, Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Sat

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    10 PM Eastern time has always Been the best time to run one any day of the week.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    9:30 ;-)

Retired Community Leader
    World
    Ares
    Wow, it has been a long time since I even thought of doing an auction again, someone brought it to my attention that auctions might still be in high demand, so here is what I can see happening.

For a limited time, I do not see a problem with doing an auction every second friday starting at 8pm eastern/5pm pacific.

This will start on January 2nd, 2015

Any comments, questions, concerns, then let me know by either posting here or contacting me in-game

Greek

PS: The front page has been changed for now, if you have a question then the same as above, post here or contact me in-game

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Ok Guys, for those of you who haven't participated in one of my auctions before here's how it works.

1. I am the auctioneer. I will not bid on any items offered. I may occasionally sell a lot to keep the auction alive if we're low on sellers. If I do that then I will let everyone know that I am the seller.

2. If you would like to sell an item, or items, whisper me to get on the list. I will let you know when you're up. Your order in line to sell is based on how many people have whispered me before you. Please state the item you're selling, the currency that you want the bids in (coin, granite, water, etc) and a minimum bid if any. If you want to sell multiple lots let me know and you can continue until you're done. Remember, this isn't the TO. You may get more than what is offered in the TO, you may get less. If you're worried about that then set a minimum bid. If the minimum bid isn't met then your item doesn't sell.

3. Guildies may not bid on items offered by other guildies. Any guildie/guildie bids won't be recognized.

4. Please don't chat during the auction process unless you have a question or clarification about the item being auctioned. Doing so interrupts the flow of the auction for the people that want to participate.

5. Everyone has a TO. We can all see the offer/buy prices in the TO. No need to comment that "Someone is selling cheaper in the TO." That's just how the auction works. Sometimes things sell for more than what is already offered in the TO, sometimes they sell for less.

6. If you win an auction you are then immediately responsible for either posting your trade in the TO or sending the trade directly to the seller. If you don't have sufficient currency to back your bid then don't bid.

7. If you are selling, once your item is announced you cannot change the lot in any way unless you have made a mistake. Adding to, or changing the amount of the lot to increase bids isn't allowed. It slows the flow of the auction.

8. There are minimum bid raises to keep the auction flowing. They are: +5 when the bids are 499 or under, +25 when the bids reach 500-1000,+100 when the bids reach 1000 and +1000 when the bids reach 100,000.

9. As bidding slows I will end the auction with "First call" "Second call" and "Sold" The high bidder may be different on my screen than what is on yours. I have to go by my screen and I will state the name of the high bidder before I end the auction (HB). To keep things moving I will not start the count over again if someone places a higher bid after "First call" or "Second call". I will keep moving. I usually allow around 2 minutes or so between "First call" and "Sold".

10. I'm doing this for fun only and I really don't need anything. I appreciate the tip offers but save the effort because I'll decline, nothing personal :-)

Reply to Thread