Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Auction Channel (Global-5) Guidelines and Info

Retired Community Leader
    World
    Ares

Auction Channel (Global-5) Guidelines and Info

Hey Everyone. Greek_Spartan here.

As many of you have noticed, a new idea has sprung up in Global-5, The NEW Auction Channel.

Here's how it works: People log in and go to global-5, If there are roughly 10 or more we get started. A Central Auctioneer is chosen among the group. The Auctioneer starts by asking who would like to go first and to whisper him if you'd like to go.

After this:
    1) The first person that whispers the auctioneer goes first who then proceeds to state the item and the minimum bid, if they want one.
    (NOTE: If the person on the list does not show up within 1-2 minutes, and no whisper is mentioned, move on to the next person)
    (If this person that is skipped, comes back, put him on the list, in a place of your choice instantly)

2) Start by bidding in increments of 5 if the bids under 500, 25 if higher then 1000. (NOTE: if the seller does not want this, the seller must state that they don't want this enforced and, no bid should be under the minimum bid)

3) Each auctioneer has their own style, but they go through their process to sell the item. (NOTE to auctioneers: going once and going twice should be said to give time for others to bid. Final Call is not mandatory, but recommended in some cases.)

4) When the item is sold. The Auctioneer states who the winner is.
    (Note: Mentioning who the seller is, can help the buyer contact better. However this is optional.)
    (Note: If it comes down to 2 people with the same bid, then the first bid is the one that gets the credit by the auctioneer)
    (NOTE: there are 2 places to do these trades.1) if you are friends the trade can be sent directly or 2) through trade office)
    NOTE: Trading through Trade Office is one of the risks of this channel, so it is encouraged to add all the main people of the channels as friends beforehand, never know when they will be selling an item you buy, or buying one of your items

5) The next person on the list is chosen in order of the auctioneer's whisper tab.
    (NOTE: if a seller wants to sell multiple items, PLEASE whisper the auctioneer after your first item is done so you can be placed at the back of the list.)

6) Steps 2-5 are repeated.

To get there type /joinchat global-5

Other Rules:
    - Must be lv. 12 and have a Trade Office to participate
    - Be respectful to everyone in channel
    - +5 for bids under 500. +25 for bids higher then 1000. (Trial)

Responsibilities of buyer:
    - only serious bids allowed
    - if you win, you must buy it
    - Any talk, even if, of a past auction is to be taken to whisper

Responsibilities of a seller:
    - Reasonable minimum bids

Responsibilities of auctioneer:
    - Keep order in Global-5
    - Keep a reasonable speed of auctioning
    - Auctioneers can bid (under the impression that they do not speed up or slow down auction in any way)
    - Any nuisance to the auction is liable to be ignored and bids to not be valid
    - Auctioneers should be as vocal as possible with item being sold, current high bid, seller and current winner. This will cut down on people asking "what is being sold" and thus make the process more streamlined.
    - Auctioneers can choose to have an assistant to help them

Any other questions, suggestions, concerns, plz bring it to my attention and I will change the post, thx

Greek_Spartan
    Last edited by Greek_Spartan; 12-24-14 at 03:04 pm. Reason: Update to reflect changes

Recruit
    I'd like to make a few suggestions to improve the process. Please consider each point individually. All points are designed to make the experience better for all parties involved.

1) I would propose that auctioneers act as the intermediary for all items for the following reasons:
    a) It creates a central control. The auctioneer becomes an enforcer of auction rules. Violation of auction rules result in being ignored by the auctioneer and thus SEVERELY restricts that persons future participation in auctions.
    b) It creates a single (or limited number of) contact(s) for auctioning. People who are interested in participating in auctions must friend auctioneer ahead of time to participate. This also helps limit the amount of "how does this work?" As new members must watch for 24 hours before actively participating. People can check the list of "veteran" auctioneers and add them to begin participating as soon as the 24 hour period is up.
    c) It offers a reimbursement method for the "volunteer" auctioneers. Since being an auctioneer is a voluntary function, having them handle items allows people to tip auctioneers for their hard work or doing a good job. Obviously this would mean that the auctioneer needed to be an extremely trustworthy person (another reason to tip them for being good at what they do). Essentially as items are traded to auctioneer (seller or buyer) may include an extra amount of resources as a thank you to the auctioneer.
    d) It reduces scamming to some degree. Items must be in auctioneers hands for auctions to begin. Thus all auctions are KNOWN to be valid as soon as they start.
    e) This also reduces the amount of "put up the post", "it's up", "got it" chatter that goes on.

2) Make a list of accepted auctioneers that people accept. If someone is generally accepted by the community and does a good job of running the auctions, please add their name to the thread so people know who the "veteran" auctioneers are. This will also help identify people experienced enough with the process to answer questions for new players and players new to auctions.

3) At the same time, if anyone abuses the system (bids without having money, doesn't have item posted for auction, etc) it may be nice to keep a record of that.(maybe repeat offenders only...)

4) To avoid any potential "gaming" of the system, guild members shouldn't be allowed to bid on other guild members items.

5) Auctioneers have final say on who won a bid. If 2 people simultaneously enter the same high bid, the auctioneer is responsible for deciding the winner. This decision is cannot be reversed and must be made based on the first person who entered the bid on the auctioneers screen.

6) No commenting on bids, minimums or items should be tolerated and will be subject to an ignore after sufficient warning.

7) Auctioneers should be as vocal as possible with item being sold, current high bid, seller and current winner. This will cut down on people asking "what is being sold" and thus make the process more streamlined.

-----EDIT: This post is a list of suggestions and not part of the rules. Please see original post for adopted and current rules ----

Thanks! ~Nucky

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    i agree with pretty much all of this. If someone has the time or thinks its a good idea, what about a pricing guide for beginners to get a look at and see whats fair/normal? Since gold is pretty precious when one is new, as are some materials and resources. It would also help us decide whats overpriced in TO and what is a good deal. Say per 1k for bronze swords, hwp, marble, etc and a list for adventures.

Retired Community Leader
    World
    Ares
    sounds good. and will help more then just auction

Recruit
    Quote Originally Posted by GC85 View Post
    i agree with pretty much all of this. If someone has the time or thinks its a good idea, what about a pricing guide for beginners to get a look at and see whats fair/normal? Since gold is pretty precious when one is new, as are some materials and resources. It would also help us decide whats overpriced in TO and what is a good deal. Say per 1k for bronze swords, hwp, marble, etc and a list for adventures.
    This would be almost impossible unless someone updates it as a full time job. Learning how much things are worth and keeping track of price fluctuations are part of the game. Besides, things are worth whatever someone is willing to pay...

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    some 1 should set up a time for main event auctions to have bigger crowds

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I played auctioneer for the first time the other day. My suggestion is that we have an auctioneer AND someone that receives all the whispers from sellers, who would also announce the next seller. This would make it a bit more organized and much easier on the auctioneer. May even speed things up a bit.

Edit: Just read about "the Helper" in the rules. I should have asked for one!

World
    Ares
    some 1 should set up a time for main event auctions to have bigger crowds
    I would show up more often if Greek you were able to do a main event.... Raskie has a great idea there - even if its like on sunday 4 a couple hrs and wednessday nights... I would be willing to accept sellers on a list for ya .. just can't do more then that though... peeps could mail me w/what they want 2 auction for main event n I would hand it over to you at say such and such time. as well as post a cut off time for entry.... I don't no anyway if ya need me Greek ya always do us good ... lemme no...

By the way, I've been to the auction b4 n sold something it ran great and it was fast, n it was fun... everyone was super helpful n nice. I sooo much suggest everyone that's reading this thread go have a look u don't have to buy... u can watch and c how fast they move stuff... Is honestly amazing... Greek ur such a wizard....

Recruit
    I do like this idea very much and this has been happening for quite some time now. Definitely worth some official recognition.

Retired Community Leader
    World
    Ares
    as everyone may or may not have guessed, i was away for a while, and will make a few changes to auction. any suggestions to change it will help in this process

Reply to Thread