Poll: Did you like the Four Winds Quest?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Four Winds Quest

Retired Community Leader RomanGodCamper's Avatar
    World
    Zeus

Four Winds Quest

Hello All,

So Honestly, I want to ask personally on who liked the Four Winds Quest and Who Didn't and see where this goes. I liked the Event. It was pretty interesting and getting 500 Gems and Watermill was pretty good. It was very challenging and something different from them other easy quests.

if you liked it. Tell the community on why you liked it.

If you hated it. Tell the community on why you hated it.

Edit: if you were to developed the Four Winds Quests Or to Make Changes to it, What would you do?

(Please No Trolling on this. Just asking Friendly Question)
    Last edited by CL_RGC; 03-18-13 at 06:05 pm.

Noble
    computer chair atm, but always at home in my head
    World
    Zeus
    i had to vote neutral. while i did not do the quest line after the initial find granite subquest due to the costs to complete being at least 10 times the value of the rewards, nevermind the luck factor involved on granite drops from adventures, it was different. this game really does need some new stuff to keep it all interesting.

if i were to design the next event quest line, the 2 main things i would change are 1: the balance between the cost to complete and the value of the rewards and 2: the possbility that a player could do a quest 10 times and not complete a subquest.

a player should profit from quests, or at least the value of the rewards should be equal to the cost to complete the quest. this is an area where BB seems to have struggled repeatedly during the entire time this game has been up and running. and i dont just mean the lower level players. in many areas throughout the game, the upper level players are dealt a raw deal more often than newer players. whether this is by design as a way to pull new people in and encourage upper lvls to drop out, who most likely have already spent all the money they will on the game, i cannot say for sure. it may just be that the developement team is very out of touch with what many of the upper lvl resources are really worth-if this is the case, it needs to be remedied ASAP.

as for the granite drops on adventures required in the subquests, a fix for this has already been suggested by some1 else here in the forums. its simple realy: make it an either/or requirement, where a player either needs to loot the min granite drop from the adventure once, or they need to loot the min exotic log drop from the adventure twice or thrice. of course, if its an adventure that can also drop titanium ore or salt, then those need to be written in as being able to eventually complete the quest. im sure all those who have done bandits nest or SA 10+ times w/out getting granite will agree 100% with me on this point. the infinite bad luck cycle should never ruin a players experience.

all of this is opinion of course, feel free to disagree with it, but dont expect me to even attempt to see it your way unless you give some sort of reasoned argument.
    'during times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act' -george orwell-

those who see the crime, and say nothing, are just as guilty as the criminal

World
    Zeus
    I loved the concept. It was the design that I didn't like.
    If something can go wrong, it will.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    voted neutral it was a love hate relationship. Some tiers could get the possibility of granite with a loot spot others could not.

Other parts like the new force in upper tiers wass a big time sink to do since only things that buffed the mayor's house would improve the time unless you had the ultra slow village schools.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Loved it. Finally something challenging!

Retired Community Leader
    World
    Zeus
    I hated this thing. I can't stand quests that force me to build buildings I don't want and don't have licences for (longbowmaker)

I did it for the guild quests (stables) because we do those every day but this is a one time thing and after the event that longbowmaker and all the longbows and men created with it are just expensive bowmen to me. Total waste of resources.

If that wasn't enough, since I started playing this game in November 2011, I have had no luck when it comes to getting granite in adventures.

After I bought two Bandit Nest with map fragments (minimum 1600 coins value) and failed to get the granite I decided to cut my losses right there. Since I knew that I'd have to try finding an Old Friends Adventure and would also need to get granite from that. In my "unlucky" case I'd have to be a masochist to try that.

By the time I'd have finished that quest I could have bought a minimum of 2 watermills with the coin I'd spent trying to get it done. But wait why would I want a watermill, we're about to get that from the Easter event and also I'd rather have silos. Oh wait that was for the lower level players.

Anyway total bust for me and it's rare I hate something in this game.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I too stopped at the Bandit Nest adventure. Like some of the daily quests the expense of the quest line as a whole compared to the benefits was just not worth it. This choice was strengthened by the impending easter event and my desire to save resources for that. I do like challenges but not ones so dependent on "luck" to succeed, ie sucky granite drop rates. This year especially with the new floating houses and ability to get another general it's a sure thing that trying to trade for eggs is gonna be a sellers market. I am hoping that the quests provided during the event and the drop rate for the explorers is at least decent enough so that it will temper the feeding frenzy some of the opportunistic price gougers will be having. Otherwise it could also backfire and become another disappointing event. Overall I enjoy the game and occasionally do purchase gems to enhance play, but even then as in the case of this quest line and it's rewards I felt I would be "throwing away" money on the deal to do so.

World
    Zeus
    Loved it
    i would only change the 'find granite through adventure X' to 'find X granite through resource/experience/follow-up/epic adventures'
    and if the idea was to use bandits nest and surprise attack, atleast make them findable like the others

Retired Community Leader RomanGodCamper's Avatar
    World
    Zeus
    9 Loved It.

13 Hated It.

7 Neutral.

That's Pretty Interesting. But yeah, Some of you are right.

Don't think they planned enough on the Event Quests. Also to find Granite should be something else for sure.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I liked it. The 500 gems were nice. The high end buildings were costly, but I guess I would have had to build them sooner or later.

If I could change anything, it would be to add different objectives, such as "Kill Roughnecks X number of times" so we would have a variety of quests we could choose to do. OR, if you really wanted to make it challenging, make it so that we would have to kill bosses x number of times... Wild Mary, Witch, High Dark Priest, etc

Reply to Thread