Poll: Did you like the Four Winds Quest?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Four Winds Quest

World
    Zeus
    I liked the quest line.. it was challenging and that is good. The only parts I did not like were the "Get "X" resource from "Y" adventure"... too much dumb luck involved. I did Motherly love twice and it took three runs on Surprise Attack to get granite. I know that what I did was nothing compared to others that did it many more times and just had bad luck. That part should be changed, the rest was great, I had already built all the expert buildings anyway, so I had no issue with that.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Liked the idea, was hard to do given the time frame allowed unless you were lucky like Jett said " the only parts I did not like were the "Get "X" resource from "Y" adventure"... too much dumb luck involved. I did Motherly love twice and it took three runs on Surprise Attack to get granite"

"time restraints along with value of winning vs cost gives this quest line a thumbs down.

----Developers keep working on doing these type of quest lines they are fun and could be well worth it if thought out more carefully : )

Recruit
    Quote Originally Posted by MandiS View Post
    My only issue with the whole quest series was the luck factor in getting the granite. I did luck up the first round and got the granite the first time, however, I have completed Old Friends 4 times and still haven't gotten the granite. I'm sure the quest is ending soon and all my "work" will be for nothing since without completing the quest, I will not get the reward.
    Same here.
    Finished 9/10 subquests, and most of the last one too, just can't find enough stones for the life of me, been searching pretty much 24/7 for a few days now with 3 explorers!
    So after finishing like 95% of the quest, I will not get anything of the final reward, that really sucks big time.
    I don't suppose the quest could go on for a little longer?

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    There's a reason these quests are optional. The 500 gems is priceless if you're a f2p gamer. The 500 gems is worth 1.5k coin if you buy gems.

The decision is up to you if it's worth it or not. Developers dont have to make every feature profitable to everybody, wouldn't that make the game too easy and kinda pointless?

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by FluffyRabbit View Post
    Same here.
    Finished 9/10 subquests, and most of the last one too, just can't find enough stones for the life of me, been searching pretty much 24/7 for a few days now with 3 explorers!
    So after finishing like 95% of the quest, I will not get anything of the final reward, that really sucks big time.
    I don't suppose the quest could go on for a little longer?
    Ouch, that's gotta hurt

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    I voted Neutral. Though I enjoyed it personally, I think there were issues for many players. Not everyone spends hours a day playing like I do. Also, some of the quests were simply there to waste time in my opinion. Plus, the possibility of running a quest an infinite number of times and NOT getting what you need is hard to take. I think there should be a limit such as receive x amount of granite or complete 3 times. Obviously that can be tweaked and I am sure many others have great ideas on how to improve this as well.
    Nynaeve

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I hated it, I did not get to complet the quest becuse I did the Pirates island andenture at least 4 times and never won the granite to move forward.

Retired Community Leader RomanGodCamper's Avatar
    World
    Zeus
    dang. I've seen people get granite all the time on Pirates Island.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I like the idea of the quest chain, but the actual tasks were poorly thought out. Being lucking in what loot you get should be a minor factor at the most, not a deal breaker, and making us do wasteful tasks like building a longbow maker and then making a bunch of longbowmen just makes no sense.

I didn't vote, none of the choices seemed to fit. I loved the idea, hated the actual, and quit half way through.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Overall, I hated it because the factor of luck involved is so capricious. But it did have its good points. I liked that it stretched us to spend more time and resources on things that we wouldn't ordinarily do. In that respect, it was something new and different; aside from quests I had never built anything more advanced than an exotic wood plank. But that luck factor is the elephant in the room, it's the reason I abandoned the quest after completing the first nine sub-quests. I am not going to waste my time running SA over and over, hoping for granite. If I want to play a game involving luck, I will try bingo.

Reply to Thread