Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Acquire 500 easter eggs for quest, GET REAL

World
    Ares

Acquire 500 easter eggs for quest, GET REAL

That is the most stupid quest ever. Players are not going to acquire 500 easter eggs on the first day, let alone week.

Please fix this problem immediately.

If I can't acquire a Vet from this Event then I will be quitting this server.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by KatyaGamova View Post
    That is the most stupid quest ever. Players are not going to acquire 500 easter eggs on the first day, let alone week.

Please fix this problem immediately.

If I can't acquire a Vet from this Event then I will be quitting this server.
    I have aquired well over 1500 eggs on the first day and I haven't even finished my first quest chain yet. I have already bought the two easter explorer guys and the 5 floating houses and I have over 100 eggs left over.

Recruit
    Just curious - I'd like to know how you acquired 1500 eggs in one day? I, too, have to acquire 500 eggs and I can see no way I will be able to complete this at all. I have 2 explorers (that's all I've been able to afford so far). I can't afford to buy eggs in the TO, and I don't have real cash to put into the game to buy things with.

World
    Zeus
    Only way to get that many is either TO trades or gems, so either real money or lots of resources/gc.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I got the eggs via the TO and doing the quest and treasure searches.

I haven't spent any gems yet during the easter event.

I DID spend about 1 full month stockpiling resources with high trading value like noble deeds, granite, bronze swords etc... before the easter event started. My stockpiles took a huge hit with the crisis quest, which I hadn't expected, but everyone working on that quest, plus doing it myself, gave me quite a bit of granite and there was quite a bit of granite available in the TO for reasonable prices.

Recruit
    I thought this was an Easter Egg "Hunt". I guess they should rename it to Easter Egg "Buy".
    Whatever. I don't have hours to spend every day trying to find bargains in the TO.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    There is another where you are required to get " 800 " eggs, not 500.
    I do agree though, for the majority of casual players, 800 or even 500 eggs on the first day is asking a bit much.
    Happy Gaming Everyone !

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Just wait a few days, and the price of eggs in TO will go down for sure.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    I had over 1500 eggs the first day. all from selling resources. I planned for over a month to have the resources. I had to buy 800 because of my level. You have at least 6 days to complete it before you get the next chain. That will go into waiting until you finish the first. I do agree that it is difficult for casual players though.
    Nynaeve

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Ok, I'm going to give away one of my game "secrets", it's not really very secret, but you have to pay attention to notice and I noticed it during both the halloween and xmas events.

At the start of an event, everyone is all hyped up to get the rewards and the number of resources (ie: eggs) to gather seems huge but doable so they pay high prices for the eggs and there aren't too many sellers (except for people who understand this "secret") so the prices are high.

Mid-event, two things happen, the first is that the people who play a lot get the quest rewards and the second is that the people who play very rarely start to realize that they aren't gonna get enough resources (ie: eggs) to get the big prizes so they shift from buying to holding or selling. Also, by this time, there are more resources (eggs) in circulation so things stabilize a bit with LOWER prices than at the beginning, more supply, lower demand, less panic, some "giving up factor" = lower prices.

Towards the end of the event when you can no longer get the resources (eggs) but you can still spend them in the market, there are a lot of fluctuations in prices because some people really need just a couple more to get their prize before the prizes go away and other people have already gotten their prizes and are done and other people just give up on the prizes and sell.

All in all, the people who play the most get the most eggs, so their buying/selling patterns tend to dominate, so you see high prices initially, then mid-level prices then cheaper prices.

So, figure out your strategies with these things in mind and you will do well.

ALSO, before an event, you need to SAVE UP RESOURCES. A casual player should basically spend MOST of their game time between events saving up for the events, and only spend big on upgrades and levelling immediately after an event (when the prices of goods in general will actually be LOW). For a casual player, the events are the time to "make the big bucks" so to speak.

Also, if you are going to spend some money on gems, or with the gems you have, the fast explorers are HUGELY IMPORTANT. You can't trade for them and they make the HARDEST parts of the game easier. Granite outside of quests and getting stuff "through treasure searches" during events/quests.

Hope this is helpful for some people.

Reply to Thread