Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Login Method change is Bad idea

Recruit
    World
    Zeus

Login Method change is Bad idea

Dear BB_Kathealyst
    First of all, are you sure email change is possible with current Password? We have multiple members who told that they cant change email addresses in Settler online's "My Profile" page. Is it possible that, ubi passwords and in game password they currently use can be different? When They try to change forgotten /lost email address to new one, They receive password wrong warning which is the same password they succesfully use to login and play the game.

Second
    This login method change is very bad idea, Many people open game accounts with fake email addresses. We know these game companies love to collect personal data , share email addresses with other companies and send junk mails on every occasion. This reason I usually enter email addresses most likely exits, like Jeff @ yahoo, bill @ gmail than pwd 123456. Now you want to bring new method that prevent access of all these players who care their personal info and privacy.

Third
    You are inviting trouble with possible privacy breaches, Now on, every player who plays Settler online on Public networks , have to type their email address on those computers. As you know, those info stays in computer cache files, browsers save and keep these info. You jeopardize , players email address with forcing players to type them on public computers in order to login to game, and make easier to harvest email addresses by spammers.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I agree - rethink this for the privacy of your players and the possible lose of some players is unacceptable

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I definitely agree with the security issue

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    not kewl!!!...the fact that my personnal gaming experience will now be moitor'd, and by who?...i must agree with the opinions above...i may need to rethink my desires for what i thought was an awesome online communicative way of "me time"...Don't do it!?!

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I login with facebook. Is that still working? Nothing is mentioned about that.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    i also agree with the security issue and am not interested in offering additional personal information. Such a change would lower my respect of EA further again and possibly lead to my ending of participation with this game.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I am just curious for the reason behind the change. How is the way we currently log-in negatively effecting this game. Alot of players use Facebook so I am curious about that as well. The privacy issue is a very serious one, This makes not only hacking game accounts but now actual email much easier, and we already have had issues with that. But for many players such as my guild leader She was given the account by the old leader she has no way to get that information since old leader left game. I believe that this change will upset many players Even on-line players that understand this is a free game expect more than continual un-needed changes. While still awaiting many more necessary changes to be implemented in this game.

World
    Ares
    lol I've always used my email address to login to every server I play n so is not a problem at all.... Its just going back to the way it used to be when I started playing Settlers ...

Former Community Manager BB_Katealyst's Avatar
    World
    Zeus
    Hey guys,

I totally understand your concern. Unfortunately, this was not a change made by the Settlers Online team. This was a change made by the Uplay service team. This means we have to make this change to operate the game.

The official Uplay communication can be found here under the 'What's new" section.

I know this may not have been the answer you were looking for, but I hope that it at least gives you some understanding on the change.

-Katealyst

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Once I used my email to log in to internet game on school computer. Next day I started to receive bunch of spam emails mostly xxx sites. My parents were anger , they thought I login xxx sites :P

Reply to Thread