Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Login Method change is Bad idea

World
    Zeus
    I have a ubi soft account, but do you think I can remember my log in info...jeepers....

Will sign in be available with our facebook accounts as that is how alot of us signed up for this game?

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    just so I understand? You want your core group of players who are experienced people from other mmorpg games that have experienced hacking and gold stealing issues to now allow in a game that up until this point has allowed anonymity to expose themselves to the issues we tried to get away from to stay? very good business choice you idiots

World
    Zeus
    also means anyone who is away from the game atm for whatever reason,
    could be locked out if they don't remember which email they used to sign up with.
    level 50s getting bored, ragequitters due to rollback, now this.
    i see the zeus community continuing to shrink.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I had try to log in with my e-mail and don't let me, because I enter with a FB profile, If this is changed I will not be able to log in anymore.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Btw, high level needs something new to get the interest to continue playing, because only doing the same adventures and producing resources to trade it's bored and with this changes if we get locked a lot may not put more time to getting back on.

Former Community Manager BB_Katealyst's Avatar
    World
    Zeus
    I see your concerns, but would like to reiterate that The Settlers Online: Castle Empire will not spam you with unwanted messages. If you are concerned with your email being used for newsletters etc, you can opt out here by clicking newsletter settings.

As for users who login with facebook, that should remain unchanged.

Recruit
    First off EA has nothing to do with this game.

Second, playing on a public computer is a risk you choose to take. Besides, its not that hard to clear the browser cache and history before you leave.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I don't really care about the change (since I only use email address anyway) but I sincerely wish that I would stop getting the in-game mail notice ABOUT the change. I've accepted the message at least 4 times now, so please make it stop

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    There is a problem when we try to change our login from uplay to email...you keep refusing the password....name invalid , etc. SO...if you change the login procedure please establish a procedure that works !! I ALSO AM CONSIDERING GIVING UP ON THIS GAME...HAVE ENOUGH LURKERS ON MY EMAIL ACCOUNT NOT COOL
    IF IT AINT BROKE , DON'T FIX IT!!!!!!

Retired Community Leader ShuttlePilot's Avatar
    World
    Zeus
    The change is for logging in with the email with which we registered with Uplay, originally. It is very easy to change right here in the game on the login screen (not here in the forums) -- simply go to: http://www.thesettlersonline.net/en/profile (or just hit the "profile" link on the main page of the game) -- then under Data Change, simply change your Uplay email to any email address you want. You don't even have to remember your original email (for those of us who like to keep gaming email addys). You just have to know your password (which is the same one you log into the game with currently).

It's not necessary to use your personal email address. Create another email addy somewhere first (like yourplayername@gmail.com), then use that addy when you change your Uplay email address. It's that simple. Personally, I'd be much more concerned about logging in with Facebook, than logging in with my Uplay addy, or simply changing my Uplay email address.

It's not a big deal, it took me less than 2 minutes to do the above to test it, and it worked like a charm.

NOTE: When you begin typing in your email address on the MY PROFILE PAGE (using the above link) you my see an error while typing in the box (invalid email address) -- simply ignore it as it says that until you have typed in the complete address (name@domain.whatever). Once that format is read, the nag goes away and you're good to go.

See you in game,
    SP
    Last edited by ShuttlePilot; 03-30-13 at 09:36 pm.
    Guild Leader, The Creators

That which does not bore me, makes me stranger...

Reply to Thread