Reply to Thread

Thread: Logging in with UPlay email address

World
    Zeus

Logging in with UPlay email address

Did this change not go through? I tried logging in with my UPlay email and password and it took me as if I were a brand new player. Used my old username and password that I normally use, and it worked just fine.
    Founder "Father" of The Deities (DIT) Guild
    Motto: Determination, Integrity, Teamwork
    Official Tree: The Sequoia Redwood
    Official Animal: The Ox

World
    Zeus
    Interesting, others are going in the other direction:

IMPORTANT INFORMATION FROM STAR WARS™: THE OLD REPUBLIC™

Beginning today, April 2, 2013, you are only able to log in to the Star Wars: The Old Republic game or web site with your Display Name – Your email address will no longer be accepted from this point forward.

We want to inform you that as of today, April 2, 2013, logging in to the game or web site will require your Display Name. Email addresses are no longer accepted; your Display Name is the only accepted option.

Also, a new process utilizing “One-Time Password’s” will be replacing the Security Questions and Answers previously requested during log in. This will make it easier to recover important account information.

These changes increase the security of our game authentication system, which helps to keep the game protected from many security threats including account takeovers.

In case you forgot your Display Name, simply:

Click on the “Log In” button at the top right hand corner of www.StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com.
    Click “Forgot your Display Name?”
    Enter the email address associated with your account.
    Click “Recover Display Name.”
    An automated email will be sent to the email address associated with your account. Your Display Name is within this automated email.
    We value our players and we want you to know that the continued security of your account is our top priority.

Regards,

The Star Wars: The Old Republic Team
    If something can go wrong, it will.

Reply to Thread