Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: “The Settlers Online” Blocking and Attack Tutorial

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by ZBest View Post
    Section 8 on the Traitors double-block:

You don't really cover the guts of this -- Block 2 enters that camp 16 travel markers (53 seconds) after the first block.

You claim to have 20 seconds to spare, when you actually have 70 seconds. For Block 2, you only require Time B + Time C = 50 s + 40s = 90 sec block.

Move to a risk/reward -- if your timing is off (and the server on Traitors can be funny -- I've had lots of problems) and your block 2 attack lags and deploys at the same time as your kill attack -- getting intercepted -- or you get disconnected after sending the blocks but before you can send the leader kill. With this 1S 110E, you're risking a lot of troops on the failure.

A block of 180R 20S is a 120 sec block -- still giving 30 sec of buffer but relying on camp destruction a lot of the time, but risking significantly less in the event of a failure. A block of 133R 50S is a 140 sec block, with a signficantly longer buffer not relying on camp destruction delays, but risking slightly more troops. A failed block results in comparable losses to an unblocked camp attack.

One of the steps that you don't get to with this guide is after you define your path / leader kill -- and define the minimum block time -- you should stop and instead of asking "What's the longest block I can build?" -- sometimes "What's the cheapest block I can comfortably get away with?" is a better goal -- either reducing the type or number of troops required.
    Thanks Zbest for the feedback, will take at look at your first part after I finish my real life move process.

Good point on the last paragraph. When there is time, will add that perspective as well.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by ZBest View Post
    Section 8 on the Traitors double-block:

You don't really cover the guts of this -- Block 2 enters that camp 16 travel markers (53 seconds) after the first block.

You claim to have 20 seconds to spare, when you actually have 70 seconds. For Block 2, you only require Time B + Time C = 50 s + 40s = 90 sec block.

Move to a risk/reward -- if your timing is off (and the server on Traitors can be funny -- I've had lots of problems) and your block 2 attack lags and deploys at the same time as your kill attack -- getting intercepted -- or you get disconnected after sending the blocks but before you can send the leader kill. With this 1S 110E, you're risking a lot of troops on the failure.

A block of 180R 20S is a 120 sec block -- still giving 30 sec of buffer but relying on camp destruction a lot of the time, but risking significantly less in the event of a failure. A block of 133R 50S is a 140 sec block, with a signficantly longer buffer not relying on camp destruction delays, but risking slightly more troops. A failed block results in comparable losses to an unblocked camp attack.

One of the steps that you don't get to with this guide is after you define your path / leader kill -- and define the minimum block time -- you should stop and instead of asking "What's the longest block I can build?" -- sometimes "What's the cheapest block I can comfortably get away with?" is a better goal -- either reducing the type or number of troops required.
    TY ZBest made a few changes, good idea to put that aspect in.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Thank you.

Reply to Thread