Closed Thread
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: No news...old news

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    i just wish pvp would come .... heck i can do all the buffing i do in my sleep and thats the high point of this game anymore. that feeling i had when i rushed into my first adventure ( with not even close to the amount of troops i needed ) or first tried blocking has passed a long time ago!! i can do most adventures (with block) by heart not even looking up a guide at all, which is sad prolly on my part. It has become very stale to say the least. the MMO part of this game is chat and trading only, oh my bad i can do an adventure with up to 2 other people in it too. so much for pvp around the corner for the past 1yr 4 mos ive been playing

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    I've only been playing a little over a year but my thoughts are this:

1.) If you came into this game expecting PVP, there's 19,204,185,509,010 other browser games with PVP. Why ruin this one?
    2.) Chat is the primary reason MOST people play this game. Adventuring/Trading seems to be a secondary motivation for a lot of folks.
    3.) The Dev team doesn't HAVE to do anything. The fact they even give us updates, however infrequent, is a marvel. I've played games before where you never heard from the dev team at all except for changelogs. and they were pay-to-play just like this.

BB_xxx are NOT the dev team, and usually have ZERO clue about what the dev team is doing/will do. The best they can do is forward your complaint to the appropriate desk and hope it gets sent to the dev team and the dev team actually cares about implementing it.

Honestly, I doubt we'll ever see PvP and you might as well accept that fact. with Anno Online and HOMM coming out, both with PVP enabled day 1, the large majority of you are going to jump ship for PvP anyway.... so there'll be even LESS of a reason for the dev team to continue working on PVP. I reached level 45 and stopped leveling. all i do now is chat. and even that gets boring, so i'm only one once or twice a week.

Just food for thought. my two cents, as it were.

World
    Zeus
    Good Point Dreadmine.

Just a quick point, in the latest video the BB's placed on the homescreen, they showed a Dev's name as BB_(something) Also, The BB admins do talk to the Dev's, and often.

And PvP isn't the highlight here. what we are highlighting is what the BB's have failed to give. We are playing a game that was snapped in half before the game even launched.

(hope this helps)

T_D

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    True Director on the BB part, but near as I can figure it:

BB_DXTed/Etc report to BB_Mrgrimm... BB_Mrgrimm reports to BB_Katelyst, BB_Katelyst reports to dev team. so your ticket/request has to go through several hands before it even reaches Kate, and then Kate needs to have enough tickets generating interest. Believe me, I believe I read somewhere that TSO has something like 14 million users worldwide. and i'd bet a lot of them want PVP. You would think they'd make it happen if for no other reason than suddenly people would be buying gems left and right to fuel their PVP madness. More money in the pockets. But they havent. And you have to step back and realize that this game ISNT just in the USA, but worldwide, and i'm sure we ALL want something new, and BB isn't delivering because there's nothing new to deliver. Because they're probably too busy working on ANNO and HOMM to bother with TSO when TSO isn't "broken" and doesn't need "Fixing".

Banned
    World
    Zeus
    I'm in agreement, I've been level 50 over 9 months. I've spent a lot of money here too (over $1k - not looking for judgement - its my money & I'll do what I want with it).

I've been saying this for a while, it would make a lot of sense for BB/Ubisoft to focus on level 50 players because most of us are the addicted feigns that cant get enough, and quite a few of us fund the game.

World
    Zeus
    Settlers online attracted me primarily because I grew up an old school Settlers player and have always known Settlers to be a (WAR GAME) at heart. It should certainly remain that way. That is why it has had SOOOOOOOOOOOOO many different profitable versions of the game in the past. Now we get the latest ONLINE version and have been promised more of the SAME great game play but have been left in the dark. I will NEVER trust another version of Settlers or even another Ubisoft game from this date forward until we get what lured the bulk of the video game spenders here. This game is on it's way to becoming a chat room just as Dreadmime made note about. There are plenty of chat rooms and I can think of some that are more interesting than this. Settlers needs to have some war to keep even the chat interesting or it will get it's own war right to the video game graveyard in my opinion. Ive noticed it's really starting to show since well over a year ago when I signed up. The forum is more interesting than the game play to someone like me that has did all that is worthwhile doing here except more chatting. A new player will probably not get lured to this game for as long as I did knowing it's been over 2 years and all you end up with in the end is a chat room if that is even still here in the near future.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreadmime View Post
    True Director on the BB part, but near as I can figure it:

BB_DXTed/Etc report to BB_Mrgrimm... BB_Mrgrimm reports to BB_Katelyst, BB_Katelyst reports to dev team. so your ticket/request has to go through several hands before it even reaches Kate, and then Kate needs to have enough tickets generating interest. Believe me, I believe I read somewhere that TSO has something like 14 million users worldwide. and i'd bet a lot of them want PVP. You would think they'd make it happen if for no other reason than suddenly people would be buying gems left and right to fuel their PVP madness. More money in the pockets. But they havent. And you have to step back and realize that this game ISNT just in the USA, but worldwide, and i'm sure we ALL want something new, and BB isn't delivering because there's nothing new to deliver. Because they're probably too busy working on ANNO and HOMM to bother with TSO when TSO isn't "broken" and doesn't need "Fixing".
    Noted.

lol "Iron sharpens Iron"

TSO does have a dedicated Dev team BTW. but i agree, the BB team is being stretched.

(and i think that their is a dedicated Admin team here as well...)

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    BB's why dont you answer us????? alot of spenders are here pissed off and yet you continue to ignore us

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    2012 Promise PvP will be part of the game
    2013 PvP teaser ... spies to be put into the game? when?
    Is there actually someone within the BB organization championing the PvP initiatives for this game?

The silence is indeed deafening ...

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Looking forward to hear from u devs about pvp

Closed Thread