Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: PvP - LVL 50 - Boredom

World
    Zeus

PvP - LVL 50 - Boredom

PvP - LVL 50 - Boredom
    Without proper attention these three things spell out great danger for our game. While it probably is an excurse in futility, I have to have to pass on my thoughts.
    TSO needs to introduce new things to solve these problems. There have been many suggestions in these forum pages. Some have been brilliant. I especially point out the work done by The_Director. His designs for a new and better TSO are great. The main problem I see is the Developer's time to make these happen. In my opinion we must do something quickly. We therefore have to crawl before we can walk or run. The following are my thoughts on how this might be done.

1. Create more islands. There are already islands available, like the ones used for the egg hunts. The new islands would be uninhabitable islands (UI) On these islands place exotic trees and ore deposits, like granite, titanium and the ever popular salt peter.

2. Give explorers the ability to do an ocean search where they can find one of these islands.

3. When a UI is found a general can be sent to the island. He can take troops, a geologist to find the ore deposits and resources needed to build the buildings to harvest the wood and mine the ore. The number of troops taken will be reduced to allow space for the geologist and the resources. Something like 10 less troops for each geologist and one (1) for each 100 units of resources. More than one general may be sent to the UI. (Really on a ship, but who needs to actually see the boat.) A general must accompany any visit to the new island to transport men or goods back and forth between the home island and the new island.

4. The Fort. The first thing to be done on arrival is to build a Fort. Nothing can be built, cut or mined until the Fort is built. Lets hope the resources to build the Fort were brought to the island. Like fir planks and stone since this is only the first level of Fort. Like all buildings the Fort can be upgraded to LVL 5. The Fort acts as a storehouse and to defend the island from attack. As a storehouse the Fort will have to be able to store fairly large quantities of goods. Once the Fort is built, the island can be found by explorers searching the ocean and it can be attacked by others.

5. PvP. The fun begins. (There needs to be some type of plan to see that LVLs are equal. Perhaps we start with only LVL 48+ even participating.) Once your explorer finds an inhabited island (II) you may send troops to attack it. Know that the defenders always have the advantage. They have troops in the Fort, limited to the number the one General in the Fort can support 200/250. There can be other troops and generals on the island to defend it but all the fighting occurs in the Fort. The troops outside the Fort are hidden, no garrisons, they are in the trees and rocks and can't be seen by the attacking force. At no time can the troops on the island exceed the total allowed the generals on the island, either attacker or defender. The troops in the Fort can see the attacking force and it's composition. The attacking force can't see into the Fort. To win the island the attacker must defeat the Fort by killing off all the troops in the Fort. The attackers can send as many waves as they have generals, however only one general my be on the attack at a time. If the first wave fails to kill all the troops in the Fort a second wave can be sent. If the Fort still stands after an attack they may reinforce the Fort from the woods and rocks, up to 200/250. The attack may continue as long as the attacker has generals and troops. The battle report will show attackers the troops left in the Fort but not the reinforcements. The level of the Fort adds to the defenders hit points. Scaling up with each level. 5% per LVL or 10% per LVL or ??.

6. If the Fort is taken the attackers capture all the resources in the Fort and all the buildings on the island. The Fort will have taken two levels of damage. If this takes it to 0, then it must be rebuilt before any production can be restarted. Once the Fort is up and running the island can be attacked by another player.

7. This is about a simple a start as I can think of. Expansion to larger islands, open to more levels and much of the great stuff The_Director has proposed can keep the game growing.

8. Level 50. What to do here? Perhaps points or something awarded for PvP. Rewards for growing your LVL 50 to higher levels or points might include the ability of the generals to carry more troops, improved hit points and/or damage for the troops.
    Summary. This is a "for what its worth" post. I don't really believe that any action will be taken by BB as a result of this post. But I feel better for having had my say. Regardless, time is of the essence. Time is running short for TSO if there is not a change in the approach of BB to the players problems with: PvP, LVL 50 and Boredom. Thanks for taking time to read this.
    Last edited by Wimpy; 04-29-13 at 04:41 am.
    If something can go wrong, it will.

World
    Zeus
    Looks Great Wimpy!

I think Lvl 50 will be raised right before, or right after PvP.

My only disagreement is calling the Islands "uninhabitable islands (UI)". If you are going to build mines etc, then it can be inhabitable. (just change the wording so that it means you cannot build houses/noble housing) Or, let the Island have housing, to support the troops living there. (but have a limit on how much)

Several Ideas to add: Increase the Fort level to say lvl 10. That way lvl 50's have something higher to work for and the suggested 10% can be upgraded to 100% protection.

Peace Treaty: Let both the enemy and the defender trade resources to stop the attacks. (minimum treaty 1 day) When the attacker leaves (not by a treaty), the island will start a 12/24/72 hour count down before it may be attacked again. I suggest however much damage caused, is the amount of time given.

Waves: The Enemy may only attack 5 times a day. Higher levels can attack more. (I.e. lvl 26 gets 5 waves, lvl 50 could get as much as 30 more)

Repair Mode: When the enemy has finished attacking, the Fort may start repairs. To make this interesting, it has to be manually activated by the defender. The Fort must be damaged 30% or more to repair. According to the amount of damage done, and the level of the attacker/defender will determine the cost of repair. If the attacker leaves, then the Fort will start repairs by it's self, and it will not cost anything.

When the Fort is founded, a 24 hour countdown is given before an attacker may enter the island. This gives the Defender time to send troops ans suplies to upgrade the fort. (we wouldn't want a lvl 50 attacking a lvl 1 Fort would we?)

Notes:

30 Waves is a bit much, but adding say +1 wave per level or every other level would work. With the Tech tree coming out, i wouldn't wonder if a military tech tree comes out too. This would let loose Tons of other ideas, things like +5% damage against ranged attacks/ +5% defence from enemy waves ect...

For lvl 49+ i suggest more tech points awarded for each victory.

If one was to make an Island (all of the islands i am talking about are the new island) that had sectors, then the landing points will be changed when one expands.

here is another idea i have, but i am uncertain if it is a good one.

Razing. not sure how this would fit into the island plan, but letting the enemy burn down mines would be an effective way to destroy the island without ever going to the Fort. To balance this tactic, i would let the reserve generals you have "in the forests" attack automatically when this happens. the Defender gets a slight offensive bonus.

To the others that read this, post your ideas! even if the BB's don't do a thing suggested here, lets have fun anyway.

Noble
    computer chair atm, but always at home in my head
    World
    Zeus
    one problem i would have with the whole idea is having one of these extra islands, and people being able to attack it while i am not logged in to defend it. thts 1 reason so many people ended up hating evony from what i've heard. 1 way to fix this would be to have some type of server-based log on what times a player is logged into the game, and a way to match up players (attacker/defender) who are on at similar times of the day. then only allow any attacks to be performed when both players are logged in.

another note along the same lines is the player's home island and the extra resource island need to be linked in some way, so that activities on the resource island will cause popup messages and such on the player's home island when they are there taking care of business. would really suck to be home rebuilding wheat fields and mines, posting trades, queueing up stuff in the PH and barraks, just to return to your resource island 30min later and find your fort destroyed by an enemy you didnt even know had arrived.
    'during times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act' -george orwell-

those who see the crime, and say nothing, are just as guilty as the criminal

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by LostSoul913 View Post
    one problem i would have with the whole idea is having one of these extra islands, and people being able to attack it while i am not logged in to defend it. thats 1 reason so many people ended up hating evony from what i've heard. 1 way to fix this would be to have some type of server-based log on what times a player is logged into the game, and a way to match up players (attacker/defender) who are on at similar times of the day. then only allow any attacks to be performed when both players are logged in.

another note along the same lines is the player's home island and the extra resource island need to be linked in some way, so that activities on the resource island will cause popup messages and such on the player's home island when they are there taking care of business. would really suck to be home rebuilding wheat fields and mines, posting trades, queueing up stuff in the PH and barracks, just to return to your resource island 30 min later and find your fort destroyed by an enemy you didn't even know had arrived.
    I would suggest a tab near the star menu where PvP activities could happen. Inside the tab page would be set-up like the trade page.

You would have several pages full on players you could attack, with limiters like:

Impossible enemies
    Resource rich targets
    Hard targets
    History enemies
    Coin/Guild coin rich targets
    Enemies above/below your rank

That sort of thing. you would select a target that meets what you want, then send your general(s).

Players who are above/below your level will be locked from your attacks. If Guilds Vs. Guilds ever came out, then you could let high level players attack low level. (but that is another topic)

Ultimately, PvP should be made in a way that even if the defender is offline, and is attacked, it will not do critical damage to the overall economy of the island(s).

World
    Zeus
    As you might guess I am not a big fan of PvP. I would not be interested in having my main island attacked. But I think it is necessary for TSO to have it. The main problem is that the game runs when you are not here. I for one do not have any regular schedule. I thought about having it set up so that you can't be attacked if you are not on line. But this could be a problem in that if you feel an attack is coming you just log off. Another thing that could be done is to have the Fort automatically refilled with troops if you are off line. Replacing the dead with the troops hidden on the island.

My intent in writing this was to get BB at least thinking of doing something, quickly. Most of the things needed are available now. It is just a matter of getting them together which should be much faster that designing from sctatch. Additions as in The_Director's plan(s) posted earlier on another thread could be added as development finished. My plan is not ideal, but if adding things delays anything from happening, then we are still doomed.

I had a boss many years ago that told me: "Do something, even if it is wrong." He wanted me to get off my arse and do something.

I like most all of the suggestions to improve things. I didn't carry it forward but do see larger islands in the future. Maybe as colonies with ability to build like on your main island. The ideas are endless. But first we must learn to crawl before we can think of running.

Thanks for your comments and interest. I hope we perk the interest of at least one person at BB.
    If something can go wrong, it will.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Since I am not a big fan of PVP or at level 50, perhaps I should let the affected people do the talking. However, I have friends and Guild members who may be lost if some solution is not found quickly. There have already been friends who left, unwilling to wait for PvP while building more wells and wheat fields. What has kept me interested, aside from the great people I've met, is the competition to reach level 50. So, what do I do when I get there?

I hope BB will have an answer before then. There are too many other games to play for me to just sit around trading long bows for ?And being dependent on some formula that only BB understands for granite, etc. is another failing. I have quests that may never be completed due to granite and Ewood shortages.

So, I agree with Wimpy and The_Director. Something needs to be done and soon! And I don't think pretty new buildings are the only way to go.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Something needs to be done is all i'm saying. I've been hoping for at least word on 50+ content for months now. My guild has 21 lv 50s and another 4 lv 49s. We are seeing less and less activity from them (myself included) bc there is just getting to be nothing to do. I had high hopes for the new Dev Diary but nothing. "part 2" in two weeks doesn't give me much hope.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcain View Post
    Something needs to be done is all i'm saying. I've been hoping for at least word on 50+ content for months now. My guild has 21 lv 50s and another 4 lv 49s. We are seeing less and less activity from them (myself included) bc there is just getting to be nothing to do. I had high hopes for the new Dev Diary but nothing. "part 2" in two weeks doesn't give me much hope.
    I agree with you a 100%, its a shame how little these devs do to make this game enjoyable for the all hardcore customers. Everyday they lose more and more players and yet it seems they could care less

Retired Community Leader RomanGodCamper's Avatar
    World
    Zeus
    I know one thing, 2 years ago, they said there will be PvP. 2 Years Later. Still No PvP XD

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by RomanGodCamper View Post
    I know one thing, 2 years ago, they said there will be PvP. 2 Years Later. Still No PvP XD
    I think they are just milking us players for more money with false promises of new additions. Its really a joke how they lie and treat us players.

Reply to Thread