Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Dev's Diary 4/30/2013

World
    Zeus

Dev's Diary 4/30/2013

Dear Settlers,

This is the first part of this Dev Diary. The second part of this Dev Diary will arrive in approximately two weeks so expect more info on some exciting features coming soon.

We are happy to present this update with information related to changes that will be implemented to The Settlers Online in the (near) future. In the past, you suggested we provide more specific dates – that’s why this developer’s diary update is quite brief, but exact dates are included. If anything mentioned below is delayed, we will immediately let you know.

NEW MINI ADVENTURE

Approx. Thursday, May 9th, 2013

A new mini adventure called “Tropical Sun” will be implemented to the game. Your explorers will be able to find it during short and medium adventure searches.

A short summary of this mini adventure can be found below.
    • Level 26 is required to start the adventure
    • The adventure has a brand new map with its own challenges and tactical requirements
    • “Tropical Sun” has a special in-adventure quest chain that allows player to have a lot of fun while progressing toward the last camp
    • It is a step-by-step adventure, where player needs to take out bandit camps in a given order because they are blocking the way: every step has its own funny little quest
    • A new daily quest will be added to the game, it will challenge player to complete the mini adventure “Tropical Sun”

IMPROVEMENTS

Approx. Thursday, May 9th, 2013

We will implement a few bug-fixes and improvements during the maintenance.

For example:
    • It will be possible to cancel Daily Guild Quests again.
    • The trade window will no longer redirect you to the first page after clicking the “Accept offer” button.
    • Several improvements related to zone changing processes.

A LOT OF NEW DAILY GUILD QUESTS

Approx. Thursday, May 23rd, 2013

In the past you stressed out that some of the Daily Guild Quests are being assigned to you too often and that doing the same sub-tasks over and over again is quite boring. We summed up your feedback and forwarded it to the developers.

In order to improve your playing experience, we decided to extend the overall amount of available Daily Guild Quests. This means that we will add a lot of new Daily Guild Quests to the game to make this guild feature even more interesting for you. In total, we will add more than 200 new Daily Guild Quests for different level ranges.

A NEW CRISIS QUEST

Approx. Thursday, May 23rd, 2013

We are glad to inform you that Crisis Quests will be back!

After our first CQ “Four winds,” we collected your feedback and forwarded it directly to developers.
    Thanks to your comments and opinions, several aspects of Crisis Quests have been improved.
    For example: The difficulty of the tasks has been decreased, so it will be easier for you to complete each one of them.

The second branch of Crisis Quests will be called "The Fallen Army." This will be activated once the maintenance is over on Thursday, May 23rd, 2013 and will end 2 weeks later.

Main points of “The Fallen Army” are:
    • To receive the Crisis Quest, you need to be at least level 16
    • Crisis Quests will be split into the following level ranges: 16-25, 26-35, 36-45 and 46-50
    • You will receive rewards for finishing sub-tasks
    • Completing the main task will give you an extra reward
    • The remaining time will be presented on the website (days) and in-game

GUILD MARKET – VOTING

Approx. in May

As communicated in the past, items offered in the Guild Market category (shop) will be changed from time to time. This time we will not only exchange some items there, but we will also let you choose one item you want us to put inside this special shop category!

More information about choosing cool items will be published in the near future.

NEW BUILDINGS

In 2013

Just in case you missed a few graphics of brand new buildings that we published on Facebook, they can be found below. These buildings will be implemented to the game within this year.

~BB_Effiluna

Ubisoft Community Manager

Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook | Contact Support

World
    Ares
    Awesome !!!! BB_Effiluna, Thank you for this; wow u are an asset and a half to our game!!! Thanks!!!
    Link to my guide: http://forum.thesettlersonline.net/t...-(New-Version)

The new buildings, one looks like armor, but the other one I cannot for the life of me figure out what it is... and its been one of those things you just gotta know!!! I did Facebook for it a while ago...

I have to add this as well (hope I don't get in trouble for this too, but oh well will face consequences for my actions)! Over the weekend reading my news on mmo's, n stuff - someone showed me this about !!! This news is such a great thing, is something I've been looking forward too, has actually happened!

Blue Byte is synchronizing its international operations from offices in the USA and Germany, with a development program that is both advancing the development of online and networks gaming and broadening the audience for computer games Taking advantage of the United States’ more advanced Internet culture.
    Last edited by Asiastrings; 04-30-13 at 08:59 am. Reason: added link to guide

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Thanks for the update and previews. New buildings are always exciting and we greatly apprciate a larger variety to the guild quests!

World
    Zeus
    the one on the right is the tip of a fountain pen (roof)
    the one on the left is paper (scroll as the side of the building)

[thanks for posting them in the forum]

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Awesome. This is all great work. What about PvP and over level 50 content? Inquiring minds want to know.... Thanks

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I'm with WhiteKite. All that new stuff is fine and dandy. However, I want to know what's in store for Level 50 players? What are you going to do for all of us that put in the time and effort to Level up and are now left with seemingly no in-game goals? You can only do so many quests, upgrade so many buildings and run so many adventures withOUT getting skillpoints...

World
    Zeus
    Great News! and its great to have an improved plan for how often these Dev's Diaries come.

T_D

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    The new buildings look interesting. I think one may be a printer's shop and the other maybe an inventor's shop but I can't for the life of me see how that would benifit the goals of past workyards. I too would like to see what you offer to the level 50's and the types of things that would free up some of the daily maintinence would really be nice for us upper level players.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    New crisis quest, new guild quests, when are we going to see REAL new content. Like the PvP spoken about at the end of last year? When are these new buildings going to be added to teh game? May,June, December??? Crisis quest and end of teh world quests are all good and dandy, but the community wants timelines, we want new content. Please stop dangling pictures in front of us (like the BB Meesher pvp post back in december) and then no word or update or even projected timeline when we are going to get such things. PLEASE!

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    So disappointing, no real content added just more bandaid work to hide the fact you guys are not adding anything new that WE WANT. You guys see the countless post of people who are furious with the game and yet continue to do nothing about it. Playing this game must feel the same as a hamster in a wheel, doing the same thing over and over and over.