Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Chat Guide Line Thread

Retired Community Leader RomanGodCamper's Avatar
    World
    Zeus

Chat Guide Line Thread

Hello,

Okay, So i Honestly don't understand this here.

http://forum.thesettlersonline.net/t...Tab-Guidelines

Help Chat:
    Help Chat is meant for those players who need game play help!
    General small talk is permitted as long as players who need help are responded to promptly (if multiple players would like to discuss anything outside of helping another player, then another Global channel is appropriate) With that being said, if we receive multiple complaints about players talking too much in the Help tab (off topic), the Mods will be forced to step in.
    Trade Requests (and announcing when you post a trade in the Trade Office) should be reserved for the trade tab only. Giving away free goods is still considered trading. Please use the Trade Tab.
    Please do not recruit members for your guild in Help Chat

Seeing that, the Help tab is always off topic 24/7 talking about random stuff so that new player know that people are in there. Once they ask a question everyone drops what they are doing and help them out its like a Regular rule in the help tab. Once a Question is asked Red Flags goes up, They help the player out, once the player is satisfied with the answer, Chatting continues about random stuff.

But to me when the rules on that where changed, It just sounds like you want ABSOLUTELY no chatting in the Help Tab and if your getting multiple complaints already about it then change it. I'm sure the staff there wants it changed to No general small talk allowed so why not do it right now? But I'm sure you'll get tickets by people saying why can't we chat in the Help tab anymore but i think you'll give them some kind of answer.

I've already been warned once talking in the Help Tab. Only time I chat in there is when I know a BB isn't online or if they are just lurking or not around now.

So i'm just wondering whats' the point of changing the rules so very slightly if you don't want anyone to chat in the help tab?

World
    Zeus
    lol i think your issue is very simple.

Are you helping players? or just talking to a friend?

If you are just taking, the DUH, leave!

If you are helping, then you do have the right to justify yourself.

World
    Zeus
    Helping players and talking to Friends.

I multitask. I just answer questions first before responding to friends.

DUH!

World
    Zeus
    lol sorry if i sounded rude.

Things here in TSO have been a bit tight lately.

But ya, talk to a BB, they will tell you what to do. Remember the help chat is for help only. if your friends are there, talk in global/whisper/forums.

World
    Zeus
    Nah. we chat in Help tab all the time and BB_DXTed always watch us and he never says anything to use about it, Just seems now they just want change all the rules now from no chatting to Questions only which will pretty much make everyone leave. Even the new players.

But now changing the rules to saying no Off Topic in Help tab. But what's the point of saying that if Help tab always go Off Topic? Everyone will talk about random stuff or whatever or just chat. So why not just get rid of chatting completely which i don't understand why they just don't do that.

If the BB's don't want anyone to chat in Help tab, then they should just say so.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    For the most part, from what i've seen, the greater most of the time chatting ceases when questions are being asked. Maybe a couple of times the question got lost in the clutter, but most of us in help chat drop everything to give the best, quickest answer to the question asked... and we stick to it till the answer is comprehended as much as we can get it to be.

IMHO, & not to pick a fight with BB mods, BUT there's really no reason for the rule change... a word to offenders who don't stop to answer might be sufficient. But expecting there to be no chat can leave great chunks of time - 20 or more minutes - where nothing is posted. Where is the harm in general chatting when there are no questions? The chat sometimes is about game play issues we're discussing but sometimes we do wander into a bit of general chat. But again I emphasize that the great majority of the time, questions are immediately answered. I'm in help a lot, helping sometime, lurking others, and can honestly say that I've only seen a very few times when questions were unanswered because of general o/t chat.

There seems to be some confusion between the BB moderators about the wording or meaning. I know one BB mod who regularly hangs in help & will join the general chat. Then there is another BB moderator who seems to want no chatting unless it's directly in response to a question. I guarantee, a total chat ban will leave very few people in help, and people will not get questions answered.
    Last edited by Swooper420; 05-10-13 at 03:18 pm. Reason: clarification

World
    Zeus
    generally jump in to go beyond help when its warranted

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Admins like their power and do not like you to question their authority...it sounded rude...it was not meant to... it was meant to sound condescending Duh...if you get a smart admin he will let things flow naturally and control the room and everyone is happy otherwise you get some hall monitor who thinks it is his job to yell at everyone who does something he doesn't like and when asked or joked with will ban you...Duh!

World
    Zeus
    Well that is why i think we should have player moderators. but we dont and never will. I could post some very good points about having them, but Ubisoft will deny.

But yeah, There are some admins that like their power and will use it on how they see fit. But abusing it to the point where there is always Off Topic chat going on in the help tab and re-writting the rules saying No Off Topic. Um.. Derp.. 80% of the time it is off topic. Conversation will last for 20 - 30 minutes. Let it die. Only time a Admin should step in is if no questions being answered.

World
    Zeus
    Ya i have a few choice words too on what players talk about on global-1.

For the BB's that read this, WATCH global-1 more closely please! sexual content, swearing, and a whole lot of inappropriate content is being talked on G-1!

(thats been bugging me for forever, and no, i am not going overboard with what i just said, i could offer a thousand different examples if you want)

T_D

Reply to Thread