I have been playing with the numbers a bit here. If the numbers obtained from the german test servers hold true, then because of the bookbinder limits I will run my science buildings only a couple days a year to keep pace with my bookbinder.

Due to the high resource cost per cycle, it makes sense to buff the science buildings. However, due to the glacial pace of the bookbinder (ok, that is unfair to glaciers, they move MUCH faster then a bookbinder), a level 5 simple paper smith would only need to run 1.8% of the time to keep pace with the bookbinder. the other buildings are roughly the same with a range from 0.46% of the time for intermediate paper to 2.71% of the time for a lettersmith.

granted there is also some obscene costs if i had to run these buildings 100% of the time (13.25k exotic logs and 3.45k titanium ore a day would be needed for advanced papersmith and the ornamental guy).

It just seems to me like....better balance could be obtained. There is no need to go past level 1 or 2 for any building but the bookbinder. I wouldn't worry to much about stocking up - besides an initial 1 day spike in titanium ore, exo logs ect, the market will soon be awash in spare nibs and paper.