Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Dev's Diary 5/15/2013

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Effiluna View Post

Dear Settlers,
    Today, we would like to answer some questions. We also have some brand new information like “more free gems for active players!”

PVP

PVP is an important feature that is still on our roadmap. PVP has been delayed compared to previous plans, but it has not been cancelled. Due to its meaning for the game, a variety of ideas about how to design PVP for TSO were discussed and evaluated. There are different approaches which resulted in a couple of versions during the processes of design, balancing, and coding. Right now, we have to make the complex decision of which version is the best solution for TSO in terms of gameplay, balancing, and also regarding the technical aspects. Additionally, each complex feature needs an intense testing phase. At the end of the day, these are some of the reasons why we cannot tell you an ETA right now, but we want to assure you PVP is still on the roadmap.
    Why did they get rid of the option to repair buildings? It was there but not enabled a while back on almost every building. I'm guessing the only reason they had it there was for PVP. Why else would you need to repair a building in this game? Seemed like they took a step backward by doing that. Are you sure they intend to move forward on PVP or are they just telling us what we want to hear again?

World
    Zeus
    If they have decided not to have PvP tear up main islands, repair is not needed.
    If something can go wrong, it will.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    For those who are tried of waiting for pvp and new features join the hobbit. very fun game, fast pace with new content almost every week also events every 3-4 days. PM if your interested my guild has 5 spots left

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    I'm very glad BB is being more forthcoming with information and dates for new stuff in the game. And I'm hoping there will be another Dev Diary with or around the time Science System is launched with more info on the 50+ content in particular.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Effiluna View Post
    Guild shop: Item election

In May, there will be a special survey about the next guild shop changes. As you know, the items offered in the guild shop are changed from time to time. All settlers are invited to determine one item that will be part of the next guild shop version for sure. The Jolly Geologist is part of the election.

What ever happen to the election for the guild shop items?

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnMadeMeDoThis View Post
    What ever happen to the election for the guild shop items?
    It's going live today! Learn more in today's dev diary.
    ~BB_Effiluna

Ubisoft Community Manager

Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook | Contact Support

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Director View Post
    Your Fears are without question faire to ask.

1. Adventure Quests WILL NOT be removed. if you have a bug send a ticket at the TSO homepage.

2. In PvP your home Island WILL NOT be attacked ever. The Devs (BB's) have promised that much. Rumors have it that there will be another PvP island for you to use, another theory is a "chess board" like island (i'm thinking up this idea right now!) where it would be more instantaneous, you make a move and the other player will make a move, and the PvP would be live, so their is no "defender". Just two or more players attacking at the same time, if one goes offline then the other player wins. Awards would be automatic and would be limited by level Vs level.

3. Every now and then a surprise 50% off gem sale will come, watch facebook to know, they post that sort of news a day or week ahead. (i am not a gem buyer so i don't check as often :P )

T_D

thank you for that information it greatly helped me understand a little better