Reply to Thread

Thread: My Idea for Guilds

Recruit
    World
    Ares

My Idea for Guilds

This is a bit to read. So i will say here this is basically my idea to add a guild island. New adventures. Guild wars. New guild shop items. ect..

When you first start the game you get an island with only 1 sector and clouds covering the other 8. Than you get a explorer to explore new sector but by the time you get to level 26-32 you have already finished un-clouding your island as well as killing all the bandits.

My idea is to make a guild island but the same idea as how you cleared your home island. It would be far bigger then your home island and there will be several different environment so not every guild has the same map. Either a chosen environment or it would be picked at random. Such as arctic, jungle, volcanic, plains, desert, grass lands, or swamps.

Also instead of killing bandits you would be taking over a kingdom so each guild will have a kingdom and with kingdoms there is war. (ill mention that part of my idea later. This would be like the next step into pvp.)

There would be no time limit to clearing you kingdom because it will become your guilds permanent kingdom but it would be much harder to claim sectors.

Because some guilds have more players then others and if one of the larger guilds has every send all there garrisons it would be far to crowded. My suggestion is to set a max amount of members who can send there garrisons. The guild leader will decide who can send them and she can also decide to send someone back as long as there garrison is not already attacking. The leader can also pick who can give permission to send garrison or send back in case the guild leader is busy or not on. Once you have permission your free to send garrisons, attack, clear sectors, and leave the island. It is a good decision for the guild leader to switch between people because the kingdom would take a massive amount of men, garrisons, time, and supplies.

Once you have cleared all the sectors and you have reached the king (the final boss) you have to face his royal army and himself to take over the kingdom. You must defeat every camp before attacking the king. Once you have defeated him you claim his castle and take over his coffer which would have the supplies to start building your guild kingdom and much more.(you would use a coffer instead of a storage house.)

Now you have finished clearing your kingdom but now you cant forget it still a kingdom. Now you have to create your kingdoms army because all of your garrisons would have returned to your own island after the defeat of the king. Build up your kingdoms army and coffers to be able to protect your kingdom as well as participate in all the new features. ( Ill give my ideas further down)

Even though you have defeated the king does not mean your kingdom is safe. Enemy bandit camps will appear ever so often to steal from buildings near there camp. You must send part of your army to stop them from stealing the produce being made. The difficulty of the bandits are random but the more difficult camp it is the bigger range of a area they steal from. It is a good idea to defeat them as fast as you can so you do not lose to much supplies and if they are in range of a store house they can steal from there to. As well as your building become damaged and you must repair them.

You can have store houses as well but they are not linked together with the coffer like the mayor house is on a home island. You must send the items from the store house to the coffer. You can only send a certain amount of supplies to the coffers at a time. The higher the level of the store house the more you can store and send to the coffer.

Your coffer can not be leveled like a store house or any other buildings can. You must gain experience by killing bandits that have appeared on your kingdom or one of the other features I will suggest in a bit.

Occasionally you will have someone of high importance kidnapped from your kingdom. Such as a noble man, someone royal, elder, villagers or your most skilled blacksmith, carpenter, ect... You have a choice to either pay a ransom and receive the kidnapped back or a new feature would be a guild adventure/ quest. (the current quests will become mini guild quests.) The adventure would be saved for a time in the coffers so you can chose when to start it or pay the ransom. If it stays in there to long tho you will receive a penalty and lose the quest. Penalties being like slow production for a certain amount of time or more bandits appearing because they think you kingdom is becoming weak and your army damage/hp is lowered until you have defeated the bandits. (no rewards for killing them either. Ill mention rewards later as well.)

Basically for a guild adventure you would not use the kingdoms army. Since all of the guild members are ruled over the guilds kingdom the guild members own garrisons would be the ones to do the adventures. The guild leader will pick the people who are to do the adventure and the guild members can accept or decline. Guild adventures would be sorta long since the max players would have risen but there would be a time limit.

Now for the big use of the army. The guild wars. Two guilds must arrange to start a war with each other first. Then you set a bet for the winner. Both sides must agree on the loot that's being bet. The leaders press agree or decline and the guild members can see them as well.
    The leaders of the war picks the participants in the war on there side such as 5-10. Each team uses same number of max players. The guild leader can chose someone in the guild to lead the war if the guild leader does not want to participate. The leader of the war can also replace members who can not stay on while the war has started. If the war leader leaves either they will pick the next leader or if they leave before doing so it will be chosen at random.
    To set up you will have to place camps in random areas all around your kingdom. There will be a max number of camps you can use with a max number of men from you army in each one. While you are at war your buildings are temporarily invisible. Your map will be cut up in many sectors on the land. The same sized squares where you can only place 1 camp. After placing the camp you can chose how many men to put in the camp and what kind. After finishing placement the war starts. Each player gets 1 garrison and sets up there garrison. They then pick where they want to transfer there garrison on the coast of the enemies island. When you see your enemies island it is covered in clouds except for the castle and the small 1 spot square sectors are outlined because each turn you can only move 1 spot. It will be chosen randomly which guild goes first. The guild going first transfers there garrison onto the land and uncovers the first cloud. Each player controls there own garrison. After every one has transferred onto the coast there is a chance you will see a enemy camp. You then can look at the camp to see what opponent it is. Then set up your troops in your garrison to attack it. Garrison can have more men then a camp and holds more then a garrison you would have at your home island. After attacking the garrison you can loot each mans weapon.(at the end the winner gets both there weapons back and the loser weapons that they looted as well.) If you are running out of men you can call for more from the kingdom but if you do this you can not move your garrison can not move for a certain number of turns until the backup has arrived. If all of your troops have died you can no longer move your garrison and that person is out of the war but the other teammates can still fight. Once each player has moved once or defeated the enemy camp your turn end and its your opponents turn. There would be a short time limit for each turn and what ever players has not moved there turn is skipped that round. If your next move is a river or a blocked area you stay in place and can not move that turn. The first guild to reach the enemies castle wins. If both leader agrees you can pause the war for a set amount of time. Each side can also surrender or if both sides agree they can stop with a draw but you do not get the dead troops back and no one gets the lost or looted weapons. Killing camps also gives your coffers experience.

Other stuff would be the guild shop will have much more items in it. You will be able to buy guild adventures for guild coins. The buyer gets to be the leader of the adventure.

While clearing the guild kingdom you will be awarded loot and experience for your home island but only the person who actually sent the attack will receive the loot and xp. You will also receive loot and experience for your home island and your guild kingdom by killing the bandits invading your island and participating in guild adventures/ quests. The person who sent the attack is the one who gets the xp except the bosses are shared xp with the participating players. You can have more then 1 guild quest going at a time but if you fail to complete it in time your kingdom will get a penalty. Adventures bought from the guild store can be kept in your star menu as long as you want without a penalty but if you start it and fail to complete it you will receive a penalty as well.

You can also send items from your home island to your kingdom coffer just like how you would send items from your store house to the coffers but you can not take from the coffers and bring it back to your island.

The guild leader controls every ones settings on what they can do on the guild kingdom. You may be able to do everything or you may be only able to look at it until you have been given permission.

Loot that you receive for your home island would be mostly the same as regular adventures or defeated bandit camps. As well as guild coins and gems would be nice to have.

World
    Zeus
    Great ideas!

A bit of a wall of words, but still very thought of.

A few Notes:

There would be no time limit to clearing you kingdom because it will become your guilds permanent kingdom but it would be much harder to claim sectors.

This does not need to be in your message. There isn't a time limit on your home island so its pointless to place this here.

Because some guilds have more players then others and if one of the larger guilds has every send all there garrisons it would be far to crowded. My suggestion is to set a max amount of members who can send there garrisons. The guild leader will decide who can send them and she can also decide to send someone back as long as there garrison is not already attacking. The leader can also pick who can give permission to send garrison or send back in case the guild leader is busy or not on. Once you have permission your free to send garrisons, attack, clear sectors, and leave the island. It is a good decision for the guild leader to switch between people because the kingdom would take a massive amount of men, garrisons, time, and supplies.

This is one of the best ideas i see here! the only issue is that a guild is a team effort, not a pick n' choose. A better set-up would be letting members send up-to 100 units. And also limiting guild wars to other guilds. (level matching)

A kingdom is a nice idea, but since you are a guild anyway, it wouldn't be best to have to steal someones elses. Unless it was a bandit kingdom.

Ill stop here.

T_D

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Well it could be a kingdom of a tyrant and yeah im bad at writing neatly the best i can do is spaces haha.

I guess members could send troops to get a share of the xp and loot but only 1 person can control a garrison at a time so i guess with the max number of garrisons each person can only use one at a time.

I forgot to mention some things as well. Like spectating, if your at a war then your members can watch and if you allow it you can let other guilds to spectate.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by morz View Post
    Well it could be a kingdom of a tyrant and yeah im bad at writing neatly the best i can do is spaces haha.

I guess members could send troops to get a share of the xp and loot but only 1 person can control a garrison at a time so i guess with the max number of garrisons each person can only use one at a time.

I forgot to mention some things as well. Like spectating, if your at a war then your members can watch and if you allow it you can let other guilds to spectate.
    Nice!

Instead of spectating, have reports. They could be forwarded to other guilds if wanted, or just stored. Smart players will watch the fights over and over and check them mistakes.

In a post i made about PvP, i suggested a castle, and every member could place a camp filled with its own troops. Think of a Adventure, but replace the bandits with yourself. The final "bandit" camp would be a castle instead. Naturally, since the currant max in guilds is 100 members, then there would be 101 slots pen. (100 members+ the castle)

http://forum.thesettlersonline.net/t...uggestions-PvP!

T_D

Reply to Thread