Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: MOD for Younger Players???

Recruit
    World
    Ares

Exclamation MOD for Younger Players???

With school getting out am seeing a lot of younger players joining up (elementary, middle and high school). Am also seeing a lot of aggressive older players who enjoy chat fights and razzing. The younger players see the aggressive chat play and join in only to have the attention shift to them. Very quickly they are in over their heads. They've not got the skill/experience to know it is not personal. To them it becomes very personal and emotionally hurtful. Is there 1 mod or 1 place they can go to for an immediate response when issues come up??? Does tso have a policy on how to handle this that non mod can point to as guidepost ??? I'm not saying lets find a way to punish the aggressive players. (We *need* them!!!) I'm saying we've got an influx of sensitvity that needs a safe harbor when it gets too rough. (We *need* the sensitive players, too!!!)

World
    Zeus
    There is not in fact a Mod in Global-1 or any other channel.

I have place a request Forum pst here about the issue, you can also vote there:

http://forum.thesettlersonline.net/t...-Language-Vote

There are BB's (almost the same as a mod) that often come and monitor, but, they do not work on the weekends, which are mostly the worst days language wise.

The Best thing for you to do for your child (or inform others) is to click on the "News" channel. You will only see what's happening in your own Island, and will not be interrupted by anyone else.

T_D

World
    Zeus
    It was my understanding that you had to be 18+ to have an account?

Is there an age limit?

Retired Community Leader RomanGodCamper's Avatar
    World
    Zeus
    I think the age limit is like 13 or 14+

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Most recently the chat I have seen there has been about Bacon, politics, and religion. I do see bad jokes every now and then but it does not ever own the chat. Plus if you are offended by what is on there, just ignore the user who says it and very quickly, you will not see anything that you consider offensive. Be proactive and take matters into your own hands.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    The age requirement to create an account is 13yrs old and up per the BB/Ubisoft Terms of Agreement. if you are found out to be younger than that your account will be locked/banned by BB.

Banned
    World
    Zeus
    People need to relax this chat is far more tame than many many manyyyyy other places online.

World
    Zeus
    Agreed ^^ I feel for the most part global-1 is quite tame, yes it does get outta hand at times, but honestly as AK stated it could be far, far worse. The mods do a decent job of keeping people in line and doling out the banhammer when needed.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    You must be 13 or older to create an account but i have seen many kids admitting to being 12 or even 9 or 10

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I am just getting tired of constantly getting a chat ban and not knowing what I said was considered bad. Cause some words are not bad that are still censored like cave and poof, yet they will still get you banned. The political correctness in this world is overwhelming, and people need to get over their petty beliefs of what is right and wrong. Especially in a free browser game.

Reply to Thread