Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Crisis Quest Feedback

Recruit
    World
    Zeus

Crisis Quest Feedback

The new Crisis quest started today.

The first step is to make 150 baskets and donate 5000 saltpeter.

Can you please explain to me how, at level 47, I could POSSIBLY have that much saltpeter without having spent tons of gold in the TO to aquire it?

I have most every bit of saltpeter I've ever collected in the game thus far to reach this level and it's less than 2K.

Even if I were level 50, unless I had maxed my storage in gunpowder, I probably STILL would not have 5000 saltpeter.

Please, please, please, what are you THINKING when you create these quests?

Maybe you need to create a new level range for quests. 46-49, so you can give us quests that don't assume that we've been stockpiling virtual crap for month so that we can burn it all on rewards not worth the effort.

I am not level 50, I haven't been sitting around for months stockpiling crap. I don't have 5000 saltpeter. All you have managed to do is piss off a long time user with your inability to properly design quests.

And this seems to be a recurring theme.

It's getting more than a bit tiresome.
    Last edited by BB_Effiluna; 05-23-13 at 11:41 am. Reason: Removed flaming language

World
    Zeus
    Until I hit level 47 I had accumulated around 10k saltpetre - but then I built the powder hut ... now I have none. I'm particularly annoyed that this silly quest chain will show in my book until June 6th as you CAN'T delete it.

I am NOT putting myself through the same hassle as with 4 winds. I am recommending to my guild that they don't, either.

I agree, they're just putting the long term players off the game - maybe they just want to close it down to concentrate on Anno. This is certainly not going to increase my game play time.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Well, the real benefit of this quest is i am dumping all 20k of useless saltpeter i have accumulated over the last year, at greatly inflated price! finally!

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    I'm glad to see they took are complaints and made this crisis quest "easier" which is actually a positive. Compared to last crisis this is much better, no irony or sarcasm there. But I"m lv 50 and the quest for this group is just ridiculous. I still think its absolutely absurd to force us to build expert buildings that we may not have any intention of building just for these stupid quest. 5k salt is do-able if you save up since the beginning, but I have exactly 0 right now as I traded it all to guildy with powderhut for gunpowder for the stupid guild quest. And its absolutely laughable that the top two groups are required to do the 2 worst advs in the game, SE and SoV. Its almost like they are passively aggressively forcing us to do them bc they are mad no one likes their crummy adventures. Like the devs said, "what they never run them? Haha, we'll force them to do the adventure in the crisis quest."

Settlers Guide
    World
    Zeus
    lets see, 250 gems at 4 gc per gem is about 1000 gc.
    The first level of the crisis quest (46-50) is pay 5000 salt which is running between 2000 and 3000 gc.
    10k Exotic wood is another 2000 gc.
    5k steel is another 1500 gc minimum.

EPIC FAILURE in thinking this sort of stuff out.

Most higher level players are refusing to bother to do these horribly balanced "quest".

If you want players to bother to do these lengthy and expensive quests, make the rewards appropriate.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    One look at the requirements of this STUPID quest versus the rewards and I say, "What were they thinking?"

I hope the other players weigh the options as well and tell BB to 'stuff it'.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    These quests are even less attractive for anyone with at least one gem pit. I appreciate the devs taking time to address issues regarding randomness/etc that plagued that last set of Crisis quest. But in doing so they broke something even more valuable... the motivation to do these.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    And I quote the BB:

"After analyzing your feedback for the previous Crisis Quest ("Four Winds"), we decided to adjust several aspects. This time, sub-tasks are a little bit easier so more players will be able to complete them. Further, the amount of random elements was optimized and the communication related to the remaining time is much better now."

I'd like to know how the BB crew think these tasks are "easier" and in any way 'worth' the rewards we'll be getting. I'm really glad I found the list of quests before I finished the first one. I think I'll keep my resources. The medi-packs aren't worth the effort, and the gems for this one are a JOKE.
    Last edited by BB_Effiluna; 05-23-13 at 11:39 am. Reason: Removed flaming language

World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by

[COLOR=Red
    If you want players to bother to do these lengthy and expensive quests, make the rewards appropriate.[/COLOR]

All my salt & pepper has gone into making gunpowder. These costs don't outweigh the benefits. Disappointing...
    Still around from time to time.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyman_ View Post
    And I quote the BB:

"After analyzing your feedback for the previous Crisis Quest ("Four Winds"), we decided to adjust several aspects. This time, sub-tasks are a little bit easier so more players will be able to complete them. Further, the amount of random elements was optimized and the communication related to the remaining time is much better now."

I'd like to know how the BB crew think these tasks are "easier" and in any way 'worth' the rewards we'll be getting. I'm really glad I found the list of quests before I finished the first one. I think I'll keep my resources. The medi-packs aren't worth the effort, and the gems for this one are a JOKE.
    Yep just by looking at the rewards... I'll complete the first few that I have extra resources and can spare it but once I get stuck on one, or not worth it to me to deplete that typical resource I'm saying yep time to ignore it.
    I am [IW] Ezequel Sarkar

I am currently in Immortal Warriors.
    I currently ranked Unsullied.

Playing since October 2011 in Zeus Server.

Reply to Thread