Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Crisis Quests are horrible, Achievements would be better!

Recruit
    World
    Zeus

Crisis Quests are horrible, Achievements would be better!

It is pretty obvious that the Crisis Quests are a lot of work and little return, the time limit is a pain, the rewards a joke and the requirements are way out of line. The devs seem oblivious, this much is clear. I skipped Four Winds as it was a lot of gas for no milage, I am working the current Fallen Army out of boredom but I know I will hit a brick wall when I have to do SotV, I never do that adventure as its a lot of effort for little value. So I won't be completing that one either.

What I think would be better is an Achievement system. Completing set goals over time for rewards. Some might be just for bragging rights, others might be for reward. The devs could add a tab to each player so we can view each others Achievement list, seeing how anyone is progressing. It would also do well for we long term planners and might keep more players around. Introducing the system will take some work, and I am going to throw out some ideas on what I mean within this post. If an achievement is RETRO it means that should the system come into effect the Achievement would be granted outright, otherwise it would be listed as an ONGOING meaning you start at square one. Also an achievement listed as a META would require that all requirements listed below are obtained before you get the reward. I am also listing the rewards for each step.

Anyway ... lets have a look ...

MILLIONAIRES CLUB (META 3 Tiers Completed/ONGOING) Produce 1 million PWL, Stone, Fish, Copper Ore Reward: 20 gems

tier one
    The Termite - produce 10,000 Pinewood Logs (ONGOING) Reward: 5 gems
    Society of the Masons - Produce 10,000 stone (ONGOING) Reward: 5 gems
    The One that got away - Produce 10,000 fish (ONGOING) Reward: 5 gems
    Penny for your Thoughts - Produce 10,000 copper ore (ONGOING) Reward: 5 gems

Tier two
    Sawbucks - produce 500,000 PWL (ONGOING) Reward: 10 gems
    Chiseler - produce 500,000 Stones (ONGOING) Reward: 10 gems
    I'd Rather be Fishing - produce 500,000 Fish (ONGOING) Reward: 10 gems
    My Back Hurts! - produce 500,000 Copper Ore (ONGOING) Reward: 10 gems

Tier Three
    Sawdust in my Eyes - produce 1 million PWL (ONGOING) Reward: 15 gems
    Making Big Stones Smaller - produce 1 million Stone (ONGOING) Reward: 15 gems
    Scaling Back - produce 1 million Fish (ONGOING) Reward: 15 gems
    I need a 3 day weekend - produce 1 million Copper Ore (ONGOING) Reward: 15 gems

So here we have a Meta achievement with 12 requirements and an overall payoff of 140 gems (not a big deal really, to be fair BB has to sell gems to keep running, but this is not giving away the store either) ... and of course the Achievements in your little box to show off. No time frame, no silly requirement, all it needs is your time and dedicate as well as the devs adjusting on the back end to record the numbers in the database.

Lets look at another one ...

I HAVE SEEN IT ALL (META complete the 8 requirements/ONGOING) Complete all Task: Reward: The Explorers Club

A quick peek - (RETRO) - own 1 Explorer (any type) Reward: Achievement completed
    The More The Merrier - (RETRO) - own 3 Explorers (any type) Reward: Achievement completed
    Doing it Faster - (RETRO) - own 3 Savage Scouts
    The Searchers - (RETRO) - own 10 Explorers (any type) Reward: Achievement completed
    The Little Things - (ONGOING) complete 1000 Short Treasure Hunts Reward: Achievement completed
    Thats a Little Better - (ONGOING) complete 1500 Medium Treasure Hunts Reward: Achievement completed
    Taking my Time - (ONGOING) complete 2000 Long Treasure Hunts Reward: Achievement completed
    The Long View - (ONGOING) complete 5000 Very Long Treasure Hunts Reward: Achievement completed

The reward for this is The Explorers Club. This is a building and here is what it does ...
    Level 1: reduce the search time of all Explorers, Experienced Explores and Savage Scouts by 1% (cumlative)
    Level 2: reduce the search time of all Explorers, Experienced Explores and Savage Scouts by 1% (cumlative)
    Level 3: reduce the search time of all Explorers, Experienced Explores and Savage Scouts by 1% (cumlative)
    Level 4: reduce the search time of all Explorers, Experienced Explores and Savage Scouts by 1% (cumlative)
    Level 5: reduce the search time of all Explorers, Experienced Explores and Savage Scouts by 1% (cumlative)

(this would be in addition to any reductions that may be introduced in the Science Skills)

The benefits to the players are obvious, and no gems given away but it may make players want to purchase gems to meet certain requirements. Even if the Science Skills don't grant any change to the times for hunts, this building gives a 5% reduction when maxed out.

I have a number of other notions on this system, but I am not going to spend my day typing them out. I would like something more along these lines than the Crisis Quest system as the devs are totally out of whack on making these and 250gems + 3 medipacks for my level to complete The Fallen Army is a joke in my opinion.

Have at it forum ...

and have fun!

ErasmusCrow
    Last edited by ErasmusCrow; 05-25-13 at 05:02 am. Reason: my wonderful typos

World
    Zeus
    Wonderful idea. Really well thought out.

After almost 2 years playing this game I can't recall any changes made that were first proposed by players. Anyone think of one? That might be a message from the developers??
    If something can go wrong, it will.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Wimpy View Post

After almost 2 years playing this game I can't recall any changes made that were first proposed by players. Anyone think of one? That might be a message from the developers??
    GREAT POINT!!! I agree absolutely nothing. Infact it seems if you suggest something they avoid it. They don't deserve our time and money. Then they rush stuff even though they say they don't and we get garbage like the Crisis quest when instead they should be working on what matters, PVP. A broken PVP would be better than broken garbage. Hull the trash to be tested on the other games we want the good stuff!!!

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Well, they are "supposedly" going to introduce tracking for the Guild Quests. That's been suggested numerous times. Buff timers, that was a widely suggested one. But yeah, nothing too significant, gameplay-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Wimpy View Post
    Wonderful idea. Really well thought out.

Come Join Us In [RISE]!!
    __________________________________________________ ________________________
    All you can do as an intelligent person, is to try and not to add to the sum of human misery.

Robyn Hitchcock

World
    Ares
    What ErasmusCrow posted is a good idea. I would be interested in running that through.

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    WTF692011 arn't you one of the shady guys that tried the cheat ppl with your 11111 trades. Well they put a wrench in your machine and i think that was a suggestion. Why don't you go back to trying to cheat ppl in TO again!

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    You should be hired to the company. Great idea!

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by G_F_M View Post
    WTF692011 arn't you one of the shady guys that tried the cheat ppl with your 11111 trades. Well they put a wrench in your machine and i think that was a suggestion. Why don't you go back to trying to cheat ppl in TO again!
    I was one defending it. If you can't read numbers then life will be tough for you so will a game that involves numbers. I guess they made this game a little more kinder to the handicapped is all. I am talking about features that make the game more fun not handicap fixes. Sorry if you bought into a trade and didn't look b4 you pushed accept. If someone made a mistake on a trade I put up then I refunded them for it if they simply asked me. Putting a larger space between numbers on trades would hardly qualify for a game changer. Whoopee doo.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by WTF692011 View Post
    I was one defending it. If you can't read numbers then life will be tough for you so will a game that involves numbers. I guess they made this game a little more kinder to the handicapped is all. I am talking about features that make the game more fun not handicap fixes. Sorry if you bought into a trade and didn't look b4 you pushed accept. If someone made a mistake on a trade I put up then I refunded them for it if they simply asked me. Putting a larger space between numbers on trades would hardly qualify for a game changer. Whoopee doo.
    I think that was his point. It was a change that was suggestion (so they do listen, sometimes), and as for the 'more fun' bit.... having an easier time double checking trades for ripoffs with an easier to read text would be a 'more fun' improvement for some.

World
    Zeus
    Let's stay on topic, discussing ErasmusCrow's well thought-out Achievement System suggestion. It sounds like fun!
    ~BB_Effiluna

Ubisoft Community Manager

Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook | Contact Support

Reply to Thread