Reply to Thread

Thread: Access Chat-Server diectly

Soldier
    World
    Zeus

Access Chat-Server diectly

Hello Bluebyte! :-)

As I figured out the ingame chatserver seems to be an Openfire-XMPP Server and uses HTTPBind. So it's obviously possible to access the chat server directly.

To create a tool for guild management it would be great to be allowed to access the Chat-Server directly.

So I'd have 2 questions to you:
    1. is it allowed to access the chatserver directly
    2. are we allowed to create a 2nd account to do this, if this account isn't used for any gaming.

Greetings

Thorsten

World
    Zeus
    Great idea.
    Would that open up the possibility for an Alliance chat?

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    I've asked this same question in the past, and it doesn't look like we can, though if it were possible (without violating the "bot" rules), I'd be interested as well.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    @ES: theoreticly the software supports any kind of group chatting, including protecting chats with password or managing memberships to a chat
    @Draxxon: it is definitly possible, but I don't know if it is without violating any rules

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Hello guys!

I'm glad to hear that you enjoy the community enough to want to chat more! Unfortunately, we would not be able to allow you to do this for two reasons.

1: We cannot allow you to have two accounts on one server for any reason. When this is found, all but one of the accounts is banned for the first offense and all accounts are banned for any subsequent offenses.

2: It would be a violation of Ubisoft Terms of Use found here: http://ubi.com/US/Info/Info.aspx?tagname=TermsOfUse#q24

Thank you for first inquiring before attempting to do this.

Reply to Thread