Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Dev's Diary: Fairy-Tale Adventures

World
    Ares
    the Fairytale adventure i'm currently testing is on Nords map, and pretty much i'm using Sons' simu for the kills, is very hard though, although perhaps one miss isn't so bad... missed the kill on the Assassin bandit today w/my Vet... still is fun, challenging though

Have a look- http://i.imgur.com/YK39EZJ.jpg

the grey things in sector 4 are actually wildlife caves, with boars, bears, foxs, and wolves... giants...

World
    Zeus
    magnificient residence, its a 6x4 building (space of 6 nobles = 420 total pop), houses 140 settlers, not upgradeable, and useless

gold tower, its a 3x3, and takes 48 mins to transform 50 wheat into 1 gold bar, lol...

the devs better re-think of balance, theres no point on a residence that is much worse than the actual ones

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_J View Post
    magnificient residence, its a 6x4 building (space of 6 nobles = 420 total pop), houses 140 settlers, not upgradeable, and useless

gold tower, its a 3x3, and takes 48 mins to transform 50 wheat into 1 gold bar, lol...

the devs better re-think of balance, theres no point on a residence that is much worse than the actual ones
    Thanks Evil_J, I also raised the issue of residence size... After so many misses, I came to conclusion that developers are actually making these "mistakes" on purpose. Why? because we simply put up with them...
    So..getting ~ 400 beans from a completed adventure that kills you ~ 2500 troops (many of them expert troops), and since castle needs to be upgraded to level 5 to produce anything (on EU server I heard upgrading level 4 to 5 cost 30K beans) you may need a total of 100K beans to get a functional castle. Or ~ 250 adventures, each requiring lets say 2000 troops sacrifice. And you thought running SoV is bad ?

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuscus View Post
    Thanks Evil_J, I also raised the issue of residence size... After so many misses, I came to conclusion that developers are actually making these "mistakes" on purpose. Why? because we simply put up with them...
    So..getting ~ 400 beans from a completed adventure that kills you ~ 2500 troops (many of them expert troops), and since castle needs to be upgraded to level 5 to produce anything (on EU server I heard upgrading level 4 to 5 cost 30K beans) you may need a total of 100K beans to get a functional castle. Or ~ 250 adventures, each requiring lets say 2000 troops sacrifice. And you thought running SoV is bad ?
    totally right. another big failure. Look like i will be back with simcity.
    sigh, not expect anything from this game anymore. now i just off island, let gem run up lol.

World
    Zeus
    I can't wait for my beta key for Silent Service/Hunters
    If something can go wrong, it will.

World
    Zeus
    GIVE IT TO ME!

(lol i am sooo ready for SHO)

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_J View Post

is the building a full 6x4 or is it 6x4 with the two corners available to build on ? (making it 4 nobles =280 pop).

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuscus View Post

The new content looks like another HUGE failure like the Crisis Events.

These developers just really like to make bad decisions out of their heads.

World
    Zeus
    From reading the results of people's testing on the .com website, the new content being added is not very good at all.

Here is a my feedback for community manager to take back to their meetings for developers:

1. Solving Level Cap problem. XP from adventures need to be converted to some useful resources. (example, in World of Warcraft, the dailies or any quest that gives you XP at the character max level returns you more gold. since XP is useless as rewards). Currently this is suppose to be end game content for level 50 players right? The XP (80k+ experience points) are wasted. Totally useless. People want to raise level caps. BUT I ask why?? This will only create problems again later. So you raise it to 55? people reach 55 and complain. You will always have level cap problem if you always raise it. Solve the problem now by converting XP to resources. There is no need to raise levels.

2. Gold Towers bad investment. Lower the wheat requirement and increase the gold bar output. A lot of people are saying that they can sell wheat and get a better return on their investment than using gold towers. 50 wheat for 1 bar is very very bad. also you have to build more farms ALOT of farms. the more wheat you require. the more farms and fields you will need. People are already running out of space on the island at level cap. Introducing new buildings forcing players to build more buildings is a bad idea. There is a whole discussion on the .com forum about the wheat consumption and gold output. It's currently better to sell wheat on the Trade Office for coins than to use towers.

3. The new residence gives you only 140 population but it takes up 4 noble space. This is also bad. Again if this game is made for end game content and people who are lvl 50 with no space level on their island. To build this they have to destroy buildings they exist and move buildings around. Replacing 4 lvl 5 nobles to make room for this residence they will lose population overall. Very bad. Magnificent residence needs at least 280 population
    those who have 4 lvl 5 nobles would only use this for decoration. since 4 nobles = 280 population.

*** I just tested the magnificent residence and it takes up 5 noble residence spots. not 4. which makes this even worst.

4. Cost of buying end game items (beans) is too high. Or the adventure rewards for beans is too low. Since the cost of going on an adventure takes a lot of troops (and I mean a lot of troops). The death toll compared to the rewards is not worth it. Especially since the rewards makes your island worst than it is before in production and population. lower bean cost of new buildings or raise bean reward from adventures

Overall- this new fairy tale content is a something high level players will end up rejecting.

Need content is VERY disappointing. I was excited at first but now i'm terribly depressed.

World
    Zeus
    Test Server feed back. (can't find a forum for test server feedback) I tried to go to test server section but it doesn't let me post. only archives there.

The new general has a button for retreat. if he can't attack why have button there.

We need something else to spend magic bean stalk on. once you buy all 3 towers, the magic castle is going to be producing more bean stalks and people might forget to turn it off and accidently lose their magic beans. currently magic bean stalks have no use other than buying gold towers.