Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: "a question of style" quest error

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Yes, the problem is that a lot of people are complaining about it and BB is asking for clarification from the devs, but it's just simply that it's a challenging quest for those who don't have a large gold chain setup already. You can always just build a bunch of gold smelters and then destroy them after your quest completes. =) You don't even have to have them on for very long, either. Just long enough to trigger quest completion.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    well the quest says 1200 production for "gold"....i thought it meant ore, but apparently not....it should at least clarify what is needed: gold ore? gold bars?
    Are gold bars called plain old "gold" ??

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    I was doing the Crisis Quest, till I reach A question of Style have a production of 1200 for 12 hours of gold, this is far out of portion, for anyone not involved in doing a gold chain, or willing to buy gems to level up the gold smelters. I would need 12 smelters to get the production rate needed, which is a waste of resources, and building licences, just to tear the down when Quest is finished. there should be away to cancel the Quest we can not, or are not willing to waste resources on doing

World
    Zeus
    The hard truth is that the devs want us to build and produce with all the buildings they created no matter how expensive or unprofitable we the players see them.
    That includes the questionable gold chain and the less profitable cannon chain.
    They have proven this repeatedly with quests that require building the chains and producing with them.
    Don't expect those quests to go away.

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by map42 View Post
    The hard truth is that the devs want us to build and produce with all the buildings they created no matter how expensive or unprofitable we the players see them.
    That includes the questionable gold chain and the less profitable cannon chain.
    They have proven this repeatedly with quests that require building the chains and producing with them.
    Don't expect those quests to go away.
    You are sooooo right!

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    Either you play the game they want you to play or don't

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    so where are we, BB_xMIST, on finding out if this is a mistake?

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Has anybody noticed that you need ALL the requirements met at the same time? I had a checkmark on my water production of 960 set yesterday, but today it's gone - does that mean I need to have ALL the requirements met in the same 12 hour period?

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by jeckar View Post
    Has anybody noticed that you need ALL the requirements met at the same time? I had a checkmark on my water production of 960 set yesterday, but today it's gone - does that mean I need to have ALL the requirements met in the same 12 hour period?
    all the requirements have to be at the same time, but doesn't need to be for the full 12 hrs. So just as long as all 3 are hit at the same time you're good. I had to build a couple iron smelts to meet the iron bar requirements for one of the quest and just tore down. Prob what happened with your water is you lost couple wells thus the production.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    It looks like there's another problem. I got my gold bar production up to the proper amount, but the water portion will not check-up properly to complete it. The amount is more than met, and the other two are checked-up and green, but it won't allow me to complete it. So, aside from the high gold smelter production of gold bars, it may be broken entirely, too.

Reply to Thread