World
    Zeus
    G-String

Borat needed a new job!

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    rocky stones
    real name is Richard. he was nicknamed rocky when he was young because he liked to play in mines where his father worked as the kings royal geologist. He took over the family business at age 19 and now works as a geologist in the highest circles in the field.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    AbeGottlobWerner
    He was born in Saxony and founded the Neptunistic school of geology, which holds that all rocks are formed in aquaeous origins, that is, due to the earth being once entirely covered by water and differential precipitation.

To prove this belief, this respected scientist and teacher quit his position at the Freiburg School of Mining and traveled to the islands as a settler-geologist.

Through his prolific writings he has maintained contact with other geologists and scientists, especially on the topics of why marble is so heavily distributed on islands as compared to continental deposits, how coal mines document old fires among ancient pine forests, and whether natural granite actually exists. (Werner contends it does, but is less distributed on islands than on continents due to a need for eons of drying out from the world-wide floods of yore).

He has been honored by various scientific societies including the Académie des Sciences, the Institute of the Islands, and the Effiluna Science Writing Prize.

Because of fond memories of his work with his father and brothers in the Wehrau and Lorzendorf ironworks, this jolly geologist will always take time from writing for field work identifying iron and other deposits for miners. Master Werner has suggested that mining of coal deposits is vital to avoiding the creation of volcanoes due to spontaneous combustion of ancient coal beds. No volcanoes have been found on the settled islands due to sensible implementation of coal mining as a volcano-preventative measure.

Master Werner can often be found in local taverns, mentoring new geologists, scientists and explorers (and accepting complimentary glasses of island Weizenbier and Hefeweizen beer.) It has even been suggested that the practical details of geologic differential precipitation came to Master Werner due to his close observations of the behavior of unfiltered yeast in wheat beers. Master Werner’s favorite toast, is naturally, “For Science!”

Abraham Gottlob Werner was born in Saxony Germany in 1750. Unfortunately he never traveled far, but was the founder of the Neptunist school of geology, which bears considerable resemblance to my alt-historical fiction story above. My Master Werner may have had more fun
    Last edited by LaKitteh; 06-14-13 at 05:02 pm. Reason: typos

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I recruited my jolly geologist, Dirt Diggler from a movie set. He told me he had experience handling large loads and wasn't afraid to get dirty so I hired him on full time.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    My favourite geologist is Thomas McFarrin. He's the thirty-five year old son of a farmer and a housewife, and with his background of hard work, always finds deposits. He enjoys a good stout beer, and fresh-baked crusty bread. His favourite pastime (when not discovering deposits), is crocheting. He likes making doilies and sweaters for his friends and family. He also enjoys gardening, with his zucchini winning first prize every year at the local fair. He reads poetry, and journals constantly. He enjoys playing with his wolfhounds, Flint and Jasper, who are his constant companions. He is a bachelor, looking for a woman to settle down with, to warm his bed at night, and make his breakfast in the morning. He is a romantic soul, though he hides it well.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    I've named my geologists after REAL geologists:

1) Charles Darwin
    - doesn't need any introduction

2) Adam Sedgwick
    - Was one of the founders of modern geology. He proposed the Devonian period of the geological timescale. Later, he proposed the Cambrian period, based on work which he did on Welsh rock strata. Though he had guided the young Charles Darwin in his early study of geology, Sedgwick was an outspoken opponent of Darwin's theory of evolution by means of natural selection.

3) William Buckland
    - Wrote the first full account of a fossil dinosaur, which he named Megalosaurus. His work proving that Kirkdale Cave had been a prehistoric hyena den was widely praised as an example of how detailed scientific analysis could be used to understand geohistory by reconstructing events from deep time. He was a pioneer in the use of fossilized faeces (YAY!)

4) Arthur Holmes
    - Made two major contributions to the understanding of geology. He pioneered the use of radioactive dating of minerals and was the first earth scientist to grasp the mechanical and thermal implications of mantle convection, which led eventually to the acceptance of plate tectonics.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I named 3 of my geo's Hunter, Rocky, and Radar. Found those to be fun names.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Rockburn of Clan Jewelbright.

Rockburn was always finding trinkets as a child. As he grew older he was sent to the Dwarven school for geologist. As he progressed through shool his ability to find trinkets was developed in such a manner that when ever he went out searching for a vain of ore he would more often than not find some treasure along the way.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Teeb
    Actually his name is Steve, but his baby sister called him Teeb and so does everyone else. Teeb likes his name, but one must remember....he is a geologist.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    my geologists name is bawana consaba, he travels the world helping others to find minerals.fish, coal,iron and oter materials that the might need

Closed Thread