Closed Thread
Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Thread: Name Your Geologist

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I have named my favorite geologist McPhee in honor of the author John McPhee. If you've never read Annals of the Former World, I highly recommend it. It is an outstanding collection of five non-fiction essays on geology.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Copperhead.

Growing up he loved copper so much that he went to school to learn about it intensively. He earned the nickname copperhead because of his love for the metal.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    My geos name is henry the second. His original name was Andrew but when his father was lost in a mine explosion he set out his career looking for him. Out of respect for his farther he claimed his name.He never intended on being a miner he dreampt of one day being a soldier and clearing his lands of bandit camps . But in his searches his realized he needed bread and brew to survive and the only way to get that was; well mining while he was searching for his dad. He searched long and he searched hard running into great mineral deposit finds along the way. He was then hired by an village leader to search out these treasures for him. But one day the village leader asked "Henry what got you into this whole mining thing"?
    Henry: Well sir my father was lost in a mining explosion so i set out to look for him"
    Village leader: Who was he?
    Henry: His name was Henry too.
    Village leader: Henry i knew your father, he was a brave man but your mistaken he wasnt a miner. He was a soldier who was deployed off to another island off the coast of here.
    Henry: What !!! My mother lied to me, my whole life has been a lie....
    Village leader: Henry if you will be my indentured servant i will have you built a ship to travel to his island it will require 1200 hardwood planks,a months supply of brew and bread,and this jolly geologist i purchased for 300 gems hes too jolly for me and i honestly find him rather annoying please remove of him from my island. Youl need to work for me 2 years before i found this voyage do you agree?
    Henry: yes anything it takes i always drempt of being a soldier but i gave that up to search for my father in the mines, but now i can live my real dream and find him.
    730 days dawned and 730 days set and he go permitted leave to find his father on this other island. Half way there he realized how annoying this jolly geo really was so he fed him to the fish. He arrived on the island to see skeletons all over the beach, screaming was coming from the forest that was behind the beach. Then a a mob of zombies flew from inside the forest and killed him. The island his father was sent to had a zombie out break but since he voyaged there the zombies took over and no humans were left. Henry was the first human the got to eat in years. The end
    the village leader in the story was me by the way (;

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Proclaimed the official "Peter Seeker" by his majesty himself, this stony scourer of the geological shallows and depths has dedicated his lifetime stubbing his toes on base and brilliant deposits alike for the glory, wealth, and continuing evolution of his kingdom.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Gerry the geologist,
    Made it big in the geo market on two of his great discoveries. The first many years ago gerry found a pit of gems that never seemed to end. No matter how many he pulled from the deep dark ground there was always more. Everyone seemed to love these gems and would even fight for these gems; he has never to this day ever had a problem getting rid of these gems in fact he seems to be able to get just about anything with them they are that special.The second and even more interesting discovery a copper mine like any other he had found over the years, however this one had the same configuration as the gem pit he has found years ago it never seemed to end. If you know anything about building a protective force for you discovery site you know how important vast quantities of are can be. Lately Gerry has just been getting faster and faster at finding sites and has even been known to find other treasure laying around at some of these new sites. All and all gerry has kept up with his every changing industry and make a great life for him and his family, they seem to have found a great place to settle down.

World
    Zeus
    I named my geologist Ol' Joe. He was a grunt chasing charlie in the bush in Vietnam. From Khe Sanh to Hue City he seen it all, from calling in snake and nape on fast mover runs to calling artillery co-ords to pound charlie back to the stone age. He spent 5 years in country before returning home with a uniform full of medals. He served his country well and is a true hero. And as he says "we were winning when I left"! He loves the smell of napalm in the morning and always reminds us that "charlie don't surf!!!". Ol' Joe; makin' em eat lead! Now he is my geologist searching for minerals and we are glad to have him here.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Ibn Battuta was the greatest explorer of his time. His name is rarely mentioned by westerners because he was a Muslim, but his travels rivaled Marco Polo. His wanderlust and repeated Hajj journeys stretched from China to Zanzibar... all of this in the 14th century. Fact is sometimes more interesting than fantasy. Say hello to Ibn Battuta, my geologist--though it should be the name of my explorer.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I have a few named geo's,explorers, and gens, but will only put 3 of the geo's names here.
    1.) 49er, because in the gold rush times of San Francisco they called the miners there 49ers not a geo but similar.
    2.) dirtbath, every geologist teacher i ever had was always covered in dirt
    3.) redonionbodyoder, also every geologist teacher i ever had stank like body oder.... only thing i can akin body oder smells like is a red onion :P thats my story and entries .

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I named my Geologists Klondike Ike, Edmond Everest, and Godwin Austen, these guys are not related but are top notch Geologists in their fields.
    Klondike Ike well he grew up in the Americas and Dreamt of Finding His most desired riches, Gold. While Edmond Spent his youth in China and did most of his digging in the highest peaks of the world. Then theres Godwin Austen, He grew up in the same region as Edmond did,But studied different Ores of the region.

But some how these guys from 2 different worlds ended up working for me,and have a happy Ever-ending job of finding me Ores.

World
    Zeus
    Name: Stonper Maron Coald II (Geologist)

20 years ago his father Stonpper Marron S. Coald owned an island full of natural resources. His father build the Mining Corporation. It was a success, his father got fame and glory. But one day he was fooled by his most trusted partner Wild Mary. He went bankrupt and his Mining Corp. closed. The island now is full of bandits that spreads fear among the inhabitants of the island.

His quest to restore the island started. With the help of his friend Zero, they first start to build a town. Stonpper Marron S. Coald II supports the town by finding stones, marbles, coals and ore deposits. They use it to build residences, farms and mills. The ores collected were forged to make bronze, iron and steel swords that have been used by Zero to clear the bandits in each sector and freed the island.

Now the Mining Corp. that his father built is now back and fully operational. Searching for new resources and deposits that will help to improve the island. Stonpper Marron S. Coald II now continue the dream and hardwork of his father and creating a new legend in TSO.

* I used the deposits that geologist can find in naming my Geologist. STONe-copPER MARble-irON COAl-GoLD. Hope you like it. Have FUN

Closed Thread