Closed Thread

Thread: Tried to buff a friend, keep getting hung up on "Loading Map"

World
    Ares

Tried to buff a friend, keep getting hung up on "Loading Map"

I've never had this happen before. Refreshing the browser did not fix it. Closing all browsers and clearing temp files did not fix it. Rebooting did not fix it. I'm running IE 8.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    for one friend I have this loading map freeze .. it started 3 days ago after the science system upgrade .. tech support sent me the following suggestions which I am still looking at:

Hello PillageMaster,

There are a few things you can do to fix this situation.

1: Before logging into the game try clearing your cookie and cache files from the web browser you are using.

2: Try using another one of the supported web browsers for the game: Fire Fox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome.

3: Make sure you are using the currently available version of your web browser, as an older version may no longer be supported for the game.

4: Make sure you are using the most recent version of Adobe Flash. http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html

5: Also try clearing your Flash cache files. You can find the steps on how to do this here: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4278569

Please be aware that having multiple Flash applications at once will cause lag, server crashes, and flash crashes. Please try to limit the number of Flash based web applications you have running while trying to play the game to have the best experience. Such applications include YouTube, Pandora, and other Flash based games.

To gather all this information you can use this link: http://supportdetails.com/

Thank you,

'The Settlers Online' Support Team

World
    Zeus
    PillageMaster has the right idea! Try those steps that he has linked in his post. Those steps can possibly fix your issues!

BB_xMISTY
    "I wanna be the very best, like no one ever was...!"

Follow us on Twitter! | Like us on Facebook!

World
    Zeus
    There is a theory that this bug may be caused by someone building higher level troops than the visitor can have.
    When making troops is done, those visitors can get to the islands.

This is happening on servers in other countries too.
    I'd post a link to where this has been discussed in the test forum, but it is currently crashed.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Thank you map42! We have someone in our guild with this problem also. He can get into his island, but none of us can. This needs a fix.

World
    Ares
    Good to know map42! Indeed the friend I was trying to visit is 3 levels higher than I am and I could visit other friends who are at or below my level. I will spread the word around in my guild.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by map42 View Post
    There is a theory that this bug may be caused by someone building higher level troops than the visitor can have.

This is happening on servers in other countries too.
    I'd post a link to where this has been discussed in the test forum, but it is currently crashed.
    here's the link to the test server discussion
    http://forum.tsotesting.com/threads/...a-guild-member

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by map42 View Post
    Yes! This seems to be the issue as of currently.
    Just to update you guys: The development team IS aware of the issue and they are currently working on a way to fix it!

[/closing this thread since it is a known issue now!]
    Last edited by BB_xMISTY; 06-19-13 at 02:07 pm.
    "I wanna be the very best, like no one ever was...!"

Follow us on Twitter! | Like us on Facebook!

Closed Thread