Reply to Thread

Thread: Multiple Issues with Book Binder

Recruit
    World
    Ares

Multiple Issues with Book Binder

I'm re-posting from the Technical Issues forum. I missed this forum originally apparently. Please move or the delete the original post if needed. I am having a lot of trouble with my Book Binder as outlined below. Tonight I learned another guildmate has discovered an unused manuscript missing as well. Haven't found anyone else with the screwy production time issue yet though.

Post 1:

Hi,

Last night around 2am I checked my bookbinder, which was busy making my first book. It had about 10 hours of production time left. I figured it would be ready sometime around 12pm today. I check now (currently about 1pm) and now it says it has 7 hours and 10 minutes left. That puts it somewhere around 8pm tonight. This is a really large discrepancy!

I have been logged into the game this whole time, except this morning I did logout and right back in when I first saw funny times in the Bookbinder to see if that sorted it. (Which it did not.)

Anyone else having an issue like this?

For the record, I started manuscript production, a few hours later I upgraded the building, and then I applied the glue buff. However, my 10 hour production estimate last night was WELL after all of that had been done and completed. I'm just including the details here in case they're relevant to a bug or calculation error in the game.

Post 2:

I went to pickup my book tonight after 8pm. The bookbinder had a floating check mark and a little book above it. When I opened the building, I clicked the button to collect the book. A line was added in my News that said the book was added to the warehouse. I then clicked to produce another manuscript, estimated time to complete was around 15 hours. I closed the building and opened my Star Menu, selected a geologist, opened the skill tree to use the completed manuscript but the game showed none were available. I then opened a warehouse. Sure enough, there was a manuscript icon, but the quantity was 0.

I went back to the bookbinder to see if I had incorrectly picked up the manuscript or missed something. It now shows a manuscript under production, with only 5 hours remaining... Somehow ~10 hours of estimated production time disappeared in a couple of minutes. Or it re-started the original manuscript or something, I don't know. Still haven't found my supposedly completed manuscript.

Post 3:

Okay, so at 10:34pm I saved a screenshot showing my second book with a completion time of 5 hours and 11 minutes. I did a few things and came back just a minute ago to find it saying it was now 5 hours and 6 minutes away from completion. Thought I had been gone a lot longer than 5 minutes. Took a second screenshot. It saved at 11:04pm. So, 30 minutes of real time = 5 minutes of book production time....

Something is very wrong here.

World
    Zeus
    We have replied to your Support Ticket regarding these issues. Feel free to keep us updated (on this thread) as to the status of your in game issues!
    Thank you!

BB_xMISTY
    "I wanna be the very best, like no one ever was...!"

Follow us on Twitter! | Like us on Facebook!

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Hi BB_xMISTY,

Over in this thread folks (including myself) are reporting missing books as well: http://forum.thesettlersonline.net/t...missing-books?

Just thought you should know.

Cheers,
    Malacai

Reply to Thread