Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: BBs' Islands

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicKitten View Post
    And I think his post is relevant, given they posted a BB "player" island which is not made from game play its from their privileges as BB. They want us to be impressed, I'd be more impressed if they played. That's what we're saying.

Nothing against Misty at all, this is merely a discussion.
    That screenshot was in fun. I actually don't have much on my island right now, due to the fact that I had to reset my whole island. In fact, I was playing the game just like anyone else until this issue occurred a few days ago.

Now that I am no longer on TSO, I will not be rebuilding my island.
    "I wanna be the very best, like no one ever was...!"

Follow us on Twitter! | Like us on Facebook!

DXTed
    Quote Originally Posted by zelock View Post
    It would be nice to see that BBs take this game seriously and actually play the game correctly. After viewing several BB islands, they are all laughable. BlueByte expects us to buy gems to play the game more advanced and yet their own employees do not even play properly. These BB islands are a joke. BB shouldn't even show these islands to us players.
    First and most, All of us take the game seriously.

Players are under the impression that all someone does is chat mod. That's not the case. Every agent goes over tickets, forums, forum PMs, in game messages, cover chat, and other misc things that require time. Some of us are on 2 projects at a time (like I had been). There's not enough time in our shift to just sit and play like most of you can. We do have GMs that reached level 50 the hard way. NO BOOSTS. I would have liked to have put more time into playing, but I couldn't. I was a level 34, but then I reset my island so that way we had GMs that had high level islands and those that had low level islands. Sometimes it's easier to check on a training quest when your island is at a level 11 instead of having to weed your way back through completed quests. Do keep that in mind before you blast any of the staff on this game for "not playing it."

We all understand the core mechanics and complaints that some players have.

What I like about working here is that the powers that be in Support will not match up GMs to a style of game that they don't personally play. Why stick someone on a time management game when they are into action games? They want our GMs to enjoy the game they are on. I went to Silent Hunter Online because I own SH3, SH4, and SH5. You have GMs on TSO that have played previous Settelrs games and others like it (older games and current titles).

What's nice is that we have passionate players who take time to come to the forums. The problem is, that the forums posters are normally the minority of the player base. That's been the case on every game I've played and GM'd. The dev team has to take into account their vision mixed with what they see from the forum community. This team has added things to the game and will be adding things that the community has suggested.

It's not all doom and gloom.
    Last edited by DXTed; 06-25-13 at 01:51 pm.

World
    Zeus
    DXT, quick reminder remove your signature, you lost your job remember? :P

I approve what you said I have played several closed/open beta games so i do know what happens behind the "Iron curtain" of development, and you showed another part of what happens! (thanks!)

Ps, it would be cool if Blue Byte did a "Behind the scenes" on a building, I.e. the artwork, adding it to the testing server, that sort of thing.

DXTed
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Director View Post
    DXT, quick reminder remove your signature, you lost your job remember? :P

I approve what you said I have played several closed/open beta games so i do know what happens behind the "Iron curtain" of development, and you showed another part of what happens! (thanks!)

Ps, it would be cool if Blue Byte did a "Behind the scenes" on a building, I.e. the artwork, adding it to the testing server, that sort of thing.
    I didn't "lose" my job. I changed teams! lol. I'm still here and will help fill in when there's a need.

World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by DXTed View Post

What's nice is that we have passionate players who take time to come to the forums. The problem is, that the forums posters are normally the minority of the player base.
    Do you mean the ones who actually voice what other players might be thinking, but haven't said anything, yet?
    Still around from time to time.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonlime View Post
    Do you mean the ones who actually voice what other players might be thinking, but haven't, yet?
    110% correct! WE the Forum Members voice the cry of the players in general!

The issue is when BB's and Dev's don't take us as serous JUST because there isn't as many forum users than gamers. If you use the forum then you have more links to other players, you talk, you assist, and we get to play harder/better because of that.

World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by RonEmpire View Post

My guess (and opinion) that they don't read the forums.

2. They rely on community managers to read all this junk. and then report back to them in a meeting or a group pow wow session. (you can tell from those backstage videos.)

In that case, Thank God for BB_Effiluna!
    Still around from time to time.

World
    Zeus
    WOW. Good to see our BB guys posting on this forum. :-)
    Silent Hunter. I used to play that game extensively. (and for various reasons I can't disclose about silent hunter related stuff.)

I hope that you guys can really get the developers or whoever is in charge to seriously rethink and reconsider the Fairy Tale content specifically in terms of the Building's size and function/usefulness.

It just seems like nobody is acknowledging the problems of a end game users with these buildings being oversized and downgrade from their maxed out positions.
    (meaning people at 50 we should assume will min/max and reach a point where they must decide to destroy 5 noble residence in exchange for a magnificent residence or not. and if they don't think its worth it. then it's not worth doing the adventures. which means developers have wasted their time in creating content people would not play.) Also- the magic castle size worries me a lot too. it is just way too big. plus upgrading means I wouldn't want to destroy it to pack up and store. unless you create a way for us to destroy it and still retain the level we upgraded it too. at level 50, people want upgrades not downgrade for the purpose of decoration. (this is why I was upset to see a decoration screen shot. as that's hardly how I would play the end game.)

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Asia. I do believe some of them read the forums. That does not change the fact that most of them still do not understand the issues higher level players have, at least those of use that do not have the ability to grant ourselves stuff. I thought the four winds Crisis was actually better than the second one because at least the reward was worth the time, effort, and resources. I have yet to see any BB who understood the market. It fluctuates and establishes values of resources. If that was understood, I doubt someone would have thought lets make players give up a ton of e-wood for minimal gain.
    Nynaeve

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Nynaeve View Post
    Asia. I do believe some of them read the forums. That does not change the fact that most of them still do not understand the issues higher level players have, at least those of use that do not have the ability to grant ourselves stuff. I thought the four winds Crisis was actually better than the second one because at least the reward was worth the time, effort, and resources. I have yet to see any BB who understood the market. It fluctuates and establishes values of resources. If that was understood, I doubt someone would have thought lets make players give up a ton of e-wood for minimal gain.
    The first one did give better rewards 500 gems and buildings. (depending on your level).
    The only problem with the first four winds was the random nature of the granites from adventures. There where at least 2 adventures in the chain.
    (also problem with searching for stones,marbles, or whatever)

The second event gave only 250 gems and medipacks which sucks. (no granites this time)
    BUT for higher levels (thank god I'm not in the 45-50 bracket) it required saltpeper and exotic wood. 250gems is not worth the amount it was asking for. Cuz they cost more to buy in gems from the gemstore.
    (and also the problem with searching for stones, marbets, or whatever was still there. random factors that I heard people complaining after 5 days they got nothing)

The same problem was in the easter event chains. searching for eggs for people on medium search and short search long search?. The problem is because the searches take a long time and random factors in place takes a long time for people to get the longer the search. I've heard people also taking 5-7 days before they found eggs to complete the quest of that chain. which delayed them from being able to get the next "chain" in time.

Reply to Thread