Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Dev's Diary: 20th Anniversary Event

World
    Zeus

Dev's Diary: 20th Anniversary Event

Information regarding the in-game celebration event for the 20th anniversary of "The Settlers" franchise.

IN-GAME EVENT - TIME FRAME:
    June 27th - July 23rd
    The event will start and end with the global server restart.

Dear Settlers,

As you may know, "The Settlers" brand is celebrating its 20th anniversary this year. Due to this special occasion, a cool event will be starting in-game! Are you ready for an international challenge? Players of all game worlds will have the opportunity to win many rewards! The amount of rewards each game world receives will, of course, depend on achieved goals.

With the "End of the World" event that took place in December of last year, you proved you are able to cooperate very well. We also noticed that many of you started to work together in order to achieve a common goal, it was truly amazing! Thanks to your feedback, some aspects of our upcoming anniversary event were improved. This time, there will be a much wider variety of actions that lead to event resource (it's not focused on adventures).

Many activities will allow players to gather balloons and donate them to their game worlds.
    It doesn't matter if you are high-level player or if you just joined the game: you can fully participate in the international competition and help your game world win rewards!

It is up to you to discover all actions that lead to balloons; make sure to share this knowledge with other players to increase the chance of winning! Please note: balloons that are gathered through server events will be sent to you regularly via in-game mail – you will not get them immediately.

How can newer game worlds compete with older ones?
    Some game worlds will collaborate in order to achieve a common goal and win rewards. The cooperation will be limited only to results, game worlds will not be connected in any other way.

The amount of balloons required for donation depends on the economic output of your team. The ranking calculation also takes into account that the economic output of each team is relative to its amount of active players. This should guarantee a fair competition, no matter how old or young your game worlds are.

Here is a simple example that explains it:
    • Game world X started long time ago and has a very strong economy
    • Game world Y started a few months ago, but it doesn't have as strong economy as game world X
    • Game world Z started just a few weeks ago, so it's quite young
    Result: Game world X is working on its own and results from game worlds Y and Z will be combined, so they can participate in the event together and have a fair chance to win.

Please keep in mind that having balloons in your storehouse is not enough. To make them count for your game world, you need to donate them - do not worry, it is pretty easy, just follow these steps:
    1. Click on your Mayor's house or any Storehouse in your settlement.
    2. Select "Event" tab from the tab-list.
    3. Left click (mouse) on balloons, choose option "Donate Balloons," and confirm.
    4. Done! Your balloons have been donated to your game world, making your chances of winning rewards higher.

Players will be able to trace the current progress of their game world directly in the game.
    The overview will be available through a button below the avatar interface.

Every game world that reaches the respective percentage level will receive corresponding rewards.
    Each game world will be able to reach 3 different percentage levels: 100%, 150%, and 200%.
    What's more, there will be two international rewards: first international reward will go to the
    fastest game world, the second reward will go to the game world that donated the most balloons.

What exactly will be added to the game with the anniversary event? Here is a list featuring the most important news:
    • Two types of brand new retro adventures

"Click" adventures:
      Your task is to find objects that do not belong to the adventure's island.

Military adventures:
      Something weird is happening on the adventure's island,
      your task is to find the source of this strange behavior.

• New retro buffs for several buildings
      Special buffs that can change the appearance of several buildings in your settlement will be implemented to the game.

Visual buffs do not affect the productivity and they last for certain amount of time.

• New building
      Special building that provides living space for 20 settlers. It is very similar to the headquarter from The Settlers 2, isn’t it?

• New quests presenting the ways of gathering balloons
    • Additional daily quests related to the anniversary event
    • New event window explaining how the event works
    • New graphics and more

The event will be split into two phases that are not connected.
    The first phase will last approx. 4 days, the second phase will start afterward.

THE FIRST PHASE OF THE EVENT
    Key facts related to the first phase of the event:
    • The first phase will last approx. 4 days.
    • This period can be used not only to learn how to get balloons, but also to win rewards.
    • Each game world has the same task: reach 100% as soon as possible.
    • The faster your game world reaches 100%, the more rewards you get.
    • It will be possible to track the current progress through a button below the avatar interface.
    • During the first phase of the event, each game world fights alone for its rewards.
    • Rewards for the first phase: Gems and Hired Troops. The amount of these rewards will depend on the performance of your game world (how fast it reaches 100%).
    • The first phase is needed to make sure the script responsible for calculating results is working properly, thereby ensuring the competition is fair.
    Important: After your game world reaches 100% during the first phase, the ability to donate further balloons to your game world will be temporarily disabled. Furthermore, it will not be possible to get new balloons (exception: quest rewards). Donating and receiving new balloons will be activated again with the start of the second phase of the event.

THE SECOND PHASE OF THE EVENT
    Key facts related to the second phase of the event:
    • The balloons from the first phase will not be included in second phase results.
    • During the second phase of the event, certain game worlds will work together (results) in order to achieve a common goal and compete with servers that have stronger economies.
    • The task is to reach as high as possible result (percentage).
    • 3 types of rewards that every game world can get: reaching 100%, 150% and 200%.
    • 2 international rewards: the fastest game world and the game world that donated the most balloons during the second phase.

In total, there are 5 main categories of rewards, but only 3 of them can be received by each game world (depending on its progress). The two remaining rewards will be handed out only once on an international basis: they are the rewards for the fastest game world and the game world that donated the most event resource. There are also special initial phase rewards.
    1. Rewards for the first phase of the event
      The first phase will take approx. 4 days. During this time frame, each game world can win Gems and Hired Troops. The amount of these rewards is related to the performance of the game world during the first phase of the event.

How will it work, exactly?
      Each game world has the same task: reach 100% as soon as possible. The faster your game world reaches it, the more Gems and Hired Troops you get. Remember that having balloons in your storehouse doesn’t count: they need to be donated to your game world!

2. Summary of 3 main rewards (second phase)
      • Rewards for reaching 100%
        Settlers 2 headquarter, 100x Gems, 10x Change Skin Buff

• Rewards for reaching 150%
        Rewards for 100% + 200x Gems, 1x Retro adventure, 20x Change Skin Buff

• Rewards for reaching 200%
        Rewards for 100% + 150% + 300x Gems, 2x Retro adventure, 30x Change Skin Buff

3. Summary of 2 international rewards (second phase):
      • The game world that is the fastest
        600x Gems, 2x Retro adventure, 1x Hired Troops Buff (100 Recruits), 3x Medipack

• The game world that donated the most balloons
        600x Gems, 2x Retro adventure, 1x Hired Troops Buff (100 Recruits), 3x Medipack

1. If my game world reaches – for example – 200%, what rewards will we get?
      In this case, all active players from your game world will get:
      1. Settlers 2 headquarter (for 100%)
      2. 600x Gems (100 for 100%, 200 for 150% and 300 for 200%)
      3. 3x Retro adventure (1 for 150% and 2 for 200%)
      4. 60x Change Skill Buff (10 for 100%, 20 for 150% and 30 for 200%)
      Please keep in mind that the rewards for respective percentage levels (100%, 150% and 200%) are not all the rewards you can get. There is a special initial phase that can guarantee you additional Gems and Hired Troops (depending on the performance of your game world). What’s more, two international tasks can provide you even more Gems and other rewards!

2. When will I receive my rewards?
      The rewards for the anniversary event will be sent around July 25th, 2013.

Happy settling!
    ~BB_Effiluna

Ubisoft Community Manager

Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook | Contact Support

World
    Zeus
    First!

Too much to take in!

Give me a minute to collect my thoughts.

Where do you get balloons?

EDIT, nvm i found how.

Retired Community Leader
    World
    Zeus
    "It is up to you to discover all actions that lead to balloons"
    Morgan started a thread linked below for the codes and hopefully there will also be a list of which actions lead to balloon discoveries.
    http://forum.thesettlersonline.net/t...ew-Event-Codes

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Director View Post
    First!
    Too much to take in!
    EDIT, nvm i found how.
    Don't forget to share with the rest of us how to do it. We must work together to get the balloons for our server!

World
    Zeus
    New building
    Special building that provides living space for 20 settlers. It is very similar to the headquarter from The Settlers 2, isn’t it?
    Is it tradeable or upgradeable ?

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by RonEmpire View Post
    Don't forget to share with the rest of us how to do it. We must work together to get the balloons for our server!
    Will do! but first my guild has to get the news, that's my responsibility.

Retired Community Leader RomanGodCamper's Avatar
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Director View Post
    First!

Too much to take in!

EDIT, nvm i found how.
    Fail.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by RomanGodCamper View Post
    Fail.
    Really? was that worth it for you to say that?

(ya it was a fail)

Retired Community Leader RomanGodCamper's Avatar
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by RonEmpire View Post
    Is it tradeable or upgradeable ?
    Considering your only getting one. Probably Non-Tradable and Non-Upgradable.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I have been able to play due to the site saying "click here to refresh client" everytime I log in. After I click to refresh and after it loads my island the message pops up again an dwont let me play.