Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Thread: 20th Anniversary Event Feedback

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    I'd be interested in hearing BB's take on this....but they've been no where to be seen in the forums for days now. At least that I've seen.

World
    Zeus
    When you stop beating your head against a stone wall, it feels good.
    If something can go wrong, it will.

World
    Zeus
    GFM is a troll, anyone who pays attention to him is just giving him what he wants.. his needed attention..

BB resigning was a surprise left hook.. wonder what is next to come now

World
    Zeus
    Going down as most annoying person in TSO USA forums.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    I am still "participating" to some extent.... but not to the extent I would have if they had really paired us up fairly. It's demoralizing to be slapped in the face over and over and over.... ad nauseum. I still give my guildies free resources to convert into balloons, but am no longer wasting my PH time on balloons. Back to making baskets and deposits for my needs instead. I was all gung ho, until we got discriminated against yet again. This time, my GF even quit playing the game!! Which really saddens me. If it weren't for my close friends on here, I would just walk away myself. I will prolly continue to play, but not with the fervor or delight I have in the past. I will come on and lackadaisically build my fields and mines and send out explorers for treasure, but won't spend the hours and hours I did before. But I will never spend a single dollar more on this game. I used to spend money almost every week buying gems and selling gem items.... but no more. Instead, I will spend my gaming dollars on something different that is NOT a BB/Ubisoft game. Good luck to you all....

World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenity6 View Post
    Going down as most annoying person in TSO USA forums.

Starting to feel the same way.
    The end of all things

World
    Zeus
    Aside from the competition part, which many, many others have discussed, I was disillusioned when I converted a ton of valuable supplies into balloons and then no more donations were accepted. THEN phase 1 ended, THEN we were told any leftover balloons were worthless. There should have been a way to sell them back somewhere to get a fair value! I bit the bullet and got rid of them anyway - yet no further explanation on what happened appeared. I think the details weren't thought out and then changes were made while the event was in progress that caused this mess.

World
    Zeus

[Ubi Official] 20th Anniversary Event Feedback

Greetings Settlers,

Please provide your constructive feedback regarding the 20th Anniversary Event in this consolidated thread.

What do you like? What do you dislike? What do you think could be improved upon? How? The more detailed your feedback the better I am able to report on your concerns and suggestions.

As always, please respect our Code of Conduct when drafting your contributions.
    ~BB_Effiluna

Ubisoft Community Manager

Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook | Contact Support

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I entirely agree with everything that Acharan has said in his above post. I do like this game and thank Blue Byte for their hard work at providing it to us to play.

I am rather disenchanted with the execution of this event on many levels like many here in this post.

The TO spikes and gouging is no surprise at all but still is disheartening to say the least. Lord_Soth_ has very valid points and cause for contention. Again though, it's of no surprise to me. If this were an ongoing event over the course of several months I would be willing to bet we'd see things settle more into a manageable economy, but at its' onset, pandemonium.

I respectfully decline to participate in this event in phase 2 as I severely depleted what excess resources I had beyond my day to day operating stocks (not stockpiles..never had anything of the sort to begin with). I will continue to donate what balloons I do get over the course of the event as they cost me nothing extra, but will not be throwing my pitifully weak and fragile island economy into disarray over bragging rights and gems. Never bought em, my real money has far better uses.

The casual play style of the game has been turned on its' ear with the implementation of this event and has caused all sorts of seeds of discontent among its' player base. If they intended to reduce the stockpiled resources of most of the players...job well done. The community team work could be viewed as both a failure and a smashing success. Depends on perspective, like most all things. The competition among the servers is laughable as (I could be wrong here but doesn't seem like it) there doesn't seem to be a common denominator as a base line among the servers. The playing field seems uneven. Even among the players on the same server, perks given to those donating, proportionately to amount donated, would be far more fair. Allow credit to go to those participating, none to those not. Seriously, who likes a free loader. Almost as irritating as those making a profit and working against those whom are attempting to better the server with their efforts, isn't it?

/steps off of soapbox

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Ive been selling water in trade since i joined my first guild, i earn the nickname Mr.Water. ive also donated over 200k of ballons in this entire event, so im helping the cause. My prices for water have lowered more than what it was before the event happened. And being told im being selfish, excuse me I think you got the wrong person. I would understand if I did not help are server then I would be at fault. But im not. Im fighting for the server as much as anybody else.

Reply to Thread