Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Dev's Diary 7/11/2013

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I think one of the most important changes would Higher Levels. My favorite leader (The one that recruited me) in my guild quit because there is nothing to do. Nothing to reach for, no point, no goal. The stars will be cool but still stale. Seems like BB is missing the point here. It would be cool if there were stages of levels. Stage 1 to 50 players when they reach level 50 the experience is reset 0 and they become a "Stage 2 level 0" and have to work up level 50 again and become a stage 3 player. I do believe people wouldn't get bored then. We want to be the highest level or they want to to be trying to become the highest level. There in no competition after level 50. No pride, "Game Pride" to win. If it was pvp then the Level 50 players wouldn't quit either. There has to be a goal to reach some kind of competing to keep people playing and active. Why spend real money on a game that you are maxed out in? No reason to buy Parrots or other things. No sense in having a million gold if there isn't anything to spend it on. Once you are level 50 and get bored with the adventures you you don't even need to buy supplies to rebuild your military. It gets boring and pointless. Am I alone here in my thinking?
    Last edited by Koko_Nuts; 07-11-13 at 10:36 am. Reason: Dual post

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Goater View Post
    so when I voted for the drill plan and not for the silo,that vote wasn't counted? Cuz I'm pretty sure unanimous means everyone voted for it
    I voted for the drill plan too as did most of the people I talked to. The people that didn't vote for the frill plan didn't vote for the silo either. I think they already had it set up even b4 the vote that the silo would be it. I believe the vote was a fake.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Koko_Nuts View Post
    I voted for the drill plan too as did most of the people I talked to. The people that didn't vote for the frill plan didn't vote for the silo either. I think they already had it set up even b4 the vote that the silo would be it. I believe the vote was a fake.

Koko ....... ur nuts .... :P

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Koko_Nuts View Post
    I voted for the silo and everybody I've talked to also voted for the silo, unless my friends are all fakes of course.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I dont like this update at all. (this is a first)
    The guild guests have been a complete waste of time for me since it started, the items are useless to me or just plain overpriced to the point its not worth doing the quests. So now you will turn my exp into the same thing? In a past dev diary i read that the level limits will be raised, i acted acordingly, and now that work is out the window, a waste of my time.
    All these nifty new changes, and new events, are great, but it seems like you are dancing around the real issues here.
    Give us PvP, raise the level limits, and stop stalling us with all this BS. Those are the only two things that really matter.
    The Joliver has spoken

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    this is looking real good!!! i really applaud the guild interface! Although guild market still needs better items to encourage lurkers to do guild quests.
    one question that is very important .... will problems in game be addressed by that time? i.e. death to the leaders pop-up which is starting to go from annoying to problematic as well.
    Its been ongoing too long ... 1 step forward 2 steps back isn't it ??

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosco_76 View Post
    Goater, they said the communities unanimously chose the silo. I'm guessing communities means servers/countries. So all separate community votes had the silo as the most voted.

At least that's how I read it.

Edit: Beaten by 3 minutes :/
    Better than being beaten with a club. Well unless you are into that.

World
    Ares
    Thank you BB for what sounds like the best game changes so far since I've started to play this game

World
    Zeus
    Glad to see they took suggestions we made about converting XP to Star Coins. Solves that whole level cap problem of earning useless XP. So glad they didn't raise the level cap. That would just be silly. Now if you want to flex your bragging rights you can share with us how many star coins you guys own as your sign of awesomeness.

Star Coins idea is great.

Now to fix the Fairy Tales adventure items. Such as the magic castle needs a bit more improvement. Or the magnificent residence needs a T Shape change or another increase in population to make it worth getting. Gold Towers - change resource to 1 wheat -> 1 coin. or 5 wheat -> 1 coin.

And lastly, let us know if the Settlers 2 HQ is going to get a population count change. Maybe that will encourage people to get to 100% rather than sitting on their resources and not donating.

(Raising Level limits only creates more problems. You will complain about the level limits again when you get to the next one. Here think of your levels being the coins. The more coins you collect the higher your superficial level is. At least you can spend the coins on something rather than have levels that you do jack with.)

What's the point of level 50 now that a level 48 can't do? (build wells and wheat fields? LOL waste granite? no thanks.)

Star Coin is a good change!

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    I'm VERY excited about these positive changes for the lv 50 crowd. It does get very stale this high in the game. Very glad they are counting all the xp gotten since hitting lv 50 as well. Only thing is, the star coins seems kinda like a band aid patch on the lv 50 issue. Is it possible to get a definite answer to whether the level cap will be raised or not? Without a goal to aspire to (like higher levels) there isn't much fun to playing same advs over and over with no advancement in game made.

I've not heard anything definite on the level cap issue and all I'd like is a simple "yes we plan to raise level cap at some point" (at some point is better than no answer) or "no we do not ever plan on raising level cap." Knowing for sure is much better than not knowing where we stand in long term for the game.