View Poll Results: When should Leaders be considered inactive?

Voters
44. This poll is closed
  • 7 days = inactive leader

5 11.36%
  • 14 days = inactive leader

14 31.82%
  • 21 days = inactive leader

10 22.73%
  • 31 days = inactive leader

16 36.36%
  • 2 months = inactive leader

3 6.82%
  • 6 months = inactive leader

3 6.82%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Vote! Leader Inactivity

World
    Zeus
    Yep, ends tomorrow night.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Guess a leader cant have a week vacation or a 2 week vacation ... may cause them to lose leadership....

World
    Zeus
    31 days is the winner!

I will PM BB_Slash and a few other BB's as well just to make sure the news gets to them.

dynamite, good news lol you get up to 4 weeks according to the poll.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Since you might not have seen my comment elsewhere....

I find this topic amusing....if the leader is gone for X amount of time, nothing is preventing the remaining active members from departing and forming a new guild in 24 hours....besides, I know I would be highly pissed if I spent REAL money to buy a guild house and was suddenly hospitalized for 30 days due to a heart attack and return only to find my guild house had been taken from me. I forsee a lot of abuse on this, not to mention potential litigation.....many countries prevent TOS from this very practice whether its in them or not (including the EU)....

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Windwalker2012 View Post
    Since you might not have seen my comment elsewhere....

I find this topic amusing....if the leader is gone for X amount of time, nothing is preventing the remaining active members from departing and forming a new guild in 24 hours....besides, I know I would be highly pissed if I spent REAL money to buy a guild house and was suddenly hospitalized for 30 days due to a heart attack and return only to find my guild house had been taken from me. I forsee a lot of abuse on this, not to mention potential litigation.....many countries prevent TOS from this very practice whether its in them or not (including the EU)....
    This issue was discussed before.

The point is this, if you were inactive, then the next in line can keep the guild running without everyone having to leave and pay 400+ coins to restart a new guild. As for the "oh i lost my guild and all that money building and maintaining the guild!" don't worry. if you were a good leader, then you can request to the new leader to return you to your former rank.

If you do not have a good connection with your guild mates, then maybe *gasp* just maybe you are not the right leader to lead.

I know there are other objections to the update, but unless there is a change, welcome the change, accept and move on.

And really, this is small. while it affects leaders thats all it affects. The average member will never see the leadership role, or how it could influence someone or something else.

Even today as a former guild leader (yes surprise i know what i am talking about) these changes are not earth shattering. Just a bead rock for the next guild update.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    You missed the point but I can understand that given your comments.....me, I'll wait for the first lawsuits to be filed when this goes bad - and it will, if implemented

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    A similar system is in place for World of Warcraft guilds and there have been no lawsuits as far as I know. If you're waiting for lawsuits to be filed then you might be waiting for a very very long time.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Windwalker2012 View Post
    You missed the point but I can understand that given your comments.....me, I'll wait for the first lawsuits to be filed when this goes bad - and it will, if implemented
    I would like to remind you, that TSO is not responsible for what happens in-game.

FYI, there are not many lawsuits, since game makers have their work protected. (in paperwork lol)

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Actually I've discovered that the individual taking over must have their own guild house and the inactive leader who is deposed retains their guild house so therefore it doesn't impact the inactive's account - and thus does not run afoul of the laws I was referencing....

Reply to Thread