View Poll Results: When should Leaders be considered inactive?

Voters
44. This poll is closed
  • 7 days = inactive leader

5 11.36%
  • 14 days = inactive leader

14 31.82%
  • 21 days = inactive leader

10 22.73%
  • 31 days = inactive leader

16 36.36%
  • 2 months = inactive leader

3 6.82%
  • 6 months = inactive leader

3 6.82%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Vote! Leader Inactivity

World
    Zeus

Vote! Leader Inactivity

Hello everyone, I have a Vote for yall

Quote Originally Posted by BB_SlasH View Post
    As far as I know, the guild leader is replaced by one of the "officers" in alphabetic order. When none of them accepts, it is passed down to the members until somebody chooses to become new leader. Time frame here on the test server is 7 days of inactivity, but this will most likely be 30 days on the live instances (not yet decided exactly).
    It looks like the BB's are indecisive! Vote on how long are inactive leaders are given before they are forced to step down.

This Vote will be active for 14 days, after that, i will PM Slash with our answer.

(aisa get your testing group over here and vote!)

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    7 days is not a very long time, problems come up in RL that may take someone away for a while. 21-30 days if the guild leader hasn't contacted anyone by then sure replace him. and again that is only an opinion

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    i'm not worried about the "stepping down" part, it's how they choose the next, best leader i don't like. Right now looks like it's based strictly on how many adventure invites you send....lots of great guild leaders give out buffs, sponsor contests, among other things. Basing the "score" on who gives out the most adventure invitations is not representative of the skills needed for a good leader.

World
    Zeus
    voted for 7 days
    despite i consider inactive someone that doesnt login for 2 days, 5 extra days is the tolerance

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    i voted 31 days- not that i think 31 days of being offline is right for a GL to do, but RL issues do come up, people get sick or go on vacation, get into trouble but you know things do happen. If one of these or another situation were to come up where the guild leader was going to be MIA for a while, im sure he would let his guild know about it first but i think to be fair 31 days is the right amount of time for a new GL to be called upon.

Retired Community Leader RomanGodCamper's Avatar
    World
    Zeus
    14 Days.

14 Days is long enough to inform guild members if they will be inactive due to moving or family problems.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    same goes for members too. Unless it shows the last log in date, inactivity should be 14-21 days. A month is too long to wait on dead accounts to get new members into a full guild.

Retired Community Leader RomanGodCamper's Avatar
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcain View Post
    same goes for members too. Unless it shows the last log in date, inactivity should be 14-21 days. A month is too long to wait on dead accounts to get new members into a full guild.
    Yes. But they do need to have a good reason. If its just a excuses.. then.... BOOOT!... wait.. you can't boot guild leader... But i remember my Guild leader was semi-here on the Guild. He was in the proccess of Moving.. Took him about a month considering he was going across the state I believe.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Guild Leader would need guild house?

World
    Ares
    You figure being a GL you would have open communication to your officers and maybe one or two members in the guild about your activities. Given that if they don't inform you that they are going to gone for a extended period of time, two weeks should be ample time to believe they might not be coming back to the game.
    The end of all things

Reply to Thread