Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: TSO Breaking News!

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    I'm not so sure how much the sale could affect the contest in an overall sense. Bc the contest is for resources so I don't see how gems would help other then making player more stable/buying endless mines, or recycles or such. What bothers me was the unfairness of the scope of the sale. We had to beg to get get even a 100% "happy hour" sale. That 3x sale doesn't appear to be for an extremely limited time like we get.
    And as far as this from the closed thread:
    "Sales vary by region based on a variety of internal factors and metrics related to the individual economies of each region."
    That that says to me is they are saying they don't give us those sales bc the US server is still willing to buy gems at the rather sad 20% sales. Its my thoughts/opinions at least.

Legalize: The thoughts and opinions expressed above are solely of the individual player and do not reflect those of the Zeus community as a whole. No malice or contempt was intended and views express are solely meant to be the opinion of player in question. haha

Banned
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess_Jackie View Post
    Thank you Epsilon for getting this up. Well said.

As a paying player, I do find this a bit distressing. During an event that relies on the maintenance of large amounts of resources, this would appear very skewed to ensure the victory of one server over the rest, not just over US servers. I have never really been bothered by any previous "skewing" that has occurred because I have never seen a large effect being created by it. This, however, does not bode well for BB in my universe. The level 45 to 50 players in my guild have burned thru all of their excess resources to create balloons for this event and are scraping the bottom of their virtual barrels to create more. We had tons of excess!

BB, I think you should look at your intentions for a server vs server game and evaluate what has occurred.

Thank you.

This is Serenity6's thread.. not Epsilon's. The thanks need to go to Serenity6.

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by arcain View Post
    legalize: The thoughts and opinions expressed above are solely of the individual player and do not reflect those of the zeus community as a whole. No malice or contempt was intended and views express are solely meant to be the opinion of player in question. haha
    lol

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    What upsets me the most is the sheer unfairness of the competition. I don't have a problem not coming in first, but when there is that kind of gap between first place and last place, it isn't a fair competition. The 3x gem sale was salt in the wound. I believe that sale would make some difference if you had people willing to spend gems on resource boxes, buffs, and so on. But not enough to explain the huge difference between the way the servers played. Nor is the idea that people said "Why bother?" and just didn't participate. The servers were stacked from the beginning.

I don't understand why we don't get a 3x sale, and more to the point, why they did during a competition. I would like to see at least an explanation beyond, "Our game, our rules. Live with it or get out." I get enough of that attitude at work, thank you.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicKitten View Post
    This is Serenity6's thread.. not Epsilon's. The thanks need to go to Serenity6.
    Yes, but I am still Mayor.

Please stay calm.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by spudseq View Post
    The Reason is probably simple..
    That server is not buying Gems at the pace we are
    so they need a bigger incentive to get them to spend some money
    we are still buying at a good pace here so we need less incentive.
    I seriously doubt that the German servers are spending less then we are. Just one German server has as many if not more members then the two US ones combined.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcain View Post
    I'm not so sure how much the sale could affect the contest in an overall sense. Bc the contest is for resources so I don't see how gems would help other then making player more stable/buying endless mines, or recycles or such.
    A few extra recycle centers not only give you coal to turn into balloons but allows you to turn off coking plants and mines. This also means you need less hardwood,marble, and tools to create the mines. So if you can then turn off some of those resources you have lots more of everything to turn into balloons. It's a snowball effect. So I can see that it would indeed effect the event.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    *Edited to sort ideas out so it's a little easier to read* (It's still a wall of text oh well)

1. What really irks me the most is the fact that it happened on a US Holiday, 4th of July is not celebrated world wide... unless you count ex-pats. So if anyone was to get a massive gem sale it should be the US servers who are actually on holiday.

To me it's like throwing a surprise party and forgetting to get the person your supposed to be suppressing to come.

2. Although I don't think that the competition was thrown off by the gem sale difference it's more due to a improper balancing of server groups vs server groups. Not that you can ever get to a fair equitable competition without handicapping some groups and buffing others.

IMO it's be best if they split it into five or less "teams" consolidation would probably come as close as you can get to having a "fair" race. After all the older servers supposedly have more higher level players producing more resources, while the younger servers in large numbers can out produce a fewer older players. we saw that with the group of 5 countries moving from dead last up to 13th at the time of writing this.

3. But back to the content at hand, the 3x gem sale is unfair IMO when other servers don't get the same treatment. And if the only explanation we are going to get is that "Sales vary by region based on a variety of internal factors and metrics related to the individual economies of each region."

4. EVE Online had a similar issue with perceived fairness they lost a huge percentage of their subscriber base to people simply quitting and going to play something else.

5. I also know that their are a fair number of my guild members who are afraid to speak up because their afraid to be banned. Just because you have managed to use the ToS as a club does not build good customer relations, and even encourages customers to walk away from the game. Once you start bleeding a significant number of customers it is *very* hard to get our goodwill back. It can easily become systemic within the community.

*Conclusion* To tie all of these anecdotes together what I'm trying to say is be *very* careful or *very* clear as to why something that can be perceived as an unfair advantage is given to one server (or player) over another, that is the rumblings that you are hearing from the community.

We would like to feel valued as customers, not just used as a side profit, if left to our own conclusions with the information that we currently have, we are inevitably going to conclude that we are nothing more than bags of money to the TSO management.

So please enlighten us and flesh out "Sales vary by region based on a variety of internal factors and metrics related to the individual economies of each region." a bit more please...

Varoon
    Last edited by BB_Effiluna; 07-22-13 at 08:20 am. Reason: Removed flaming language

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Varoon View Post
    So please enlighten us and flesh out "Sales vary by region based on a variety of internal factors and metrics related to the individual economies of each region." a bit more please...
    Varoon
    Great correction.

BB's,

We the players:

Request without any rage, a response from the BB's to answer these accusations, with all speed and accuracy, a repair on this accident, and repay the players, as necessary for the benefit of The Settlers Online, and the players alike.
    We also request that all future sales are given equally among all servers, especially during events, of all kinds.

Thank you, The_Director, The players of TSO USA!

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I bought gems on the 4th, and was happy with the sale...until I saw that my money didn't go as far as the money of those throughout the world to the exact same company. It's hard not to see it as discrimination, especially with such a vague explanation. I would like to see the equitable amount of gems added to my account that I would have received had I been on a German server.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    BB/Umbisoft is an international company. With that comes certain responsibilities. With so many different cultures, values, and mentalities that come with being involved with being an international company, it is important to be sensitive to said differences. This fumble isn't over something small like not knowing of a slang derogatory term in chat for one country that means nothing everywhere else (ie random words being censored in chat).

What BB failed to do is recognize that we are Americans and equality is a CORE belief of our culture and way of doing things. And with any challenge or even perceived challenge to equality cuts deep and greatly upsets us. Feeling as though we haven't been treated fairly or equally upsets everyone and not just a few here and there that are a little sensitive. I hope BB learns from this mistake and doesn't repeat it.
    Last edited by Arcain; 07-22-13 at 04:03 am. Reason: yellow is hard to read

Reply to Thread