Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: TSO Breaking News!

World
    Ares
    Here's the problem I have with that posting.... Where are the DATES ??????? Are you sure ur not just posting something from the past again and causing problems that were already resolved ???

DATES Dude I want DATES of all ur accusations I do not support stuff like this unless I SEE Dates....

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Asiastrings View Post
    Here's the problem I have with that posting.... Where are the DATES ??????? Are you sure ur not just posting something from the past again and causing problems that were already resolved ???

DATES Dude I want DATES of all ur accusations I do not support stuff like this unless I SEE Dates....
    Um this just happened, during the United States Independence day (July 4th), you didnt hear about this?

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    on the 4th of july they gave us 50%gem sale while they gave euro server x3 gem packages....slap in the face

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Valtar View Post
    I haven't seen this question yet...maybe I missed it. In Germany and the U.K., do gem items cost 3X what they do in the U.S.? If you pay 125 gems for choco bunny's on all servers, then all the smoke of "Sales vary by region based on a variety of internal factors and metrics related to the individual economies of each region." make's no sense. 3X the gems = 3X the number of choco bunny's = 3X the advantage regardless of local economics = 3X unfair.....or am I missing 3X something?

Gem prices itself differ, for 24k Gems (regular) BB takes $100 here and 100€ on the German server e.g.
    But they are talking about are more things like average gemsales per players, if the American player are more likely to purchase gems even without special offer they don't need such an offer. I could also imagine that they analyse how the gems are spend and the purchased stuff is used. This stuff is analysed by region and is base for special offers.

Anyway I think that it was very clumsy to place such an offer during the contest, knowing that the other regions especially germany and uk are lurked by other servers.

The influence of the sale to the contest itself is impossible to calculate, I know for myself that I had donated about 4k balloons more each day buying some watermills. But to be honest that we messed up this contest isn't the fault of BB. There were probably some disadvantages, like late information and maybe also this gemsale, but that is all no excuse for hitting only 104%.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcain View Post
    I simply can't fathom a company that refuses to listen to the needs and concerns of its client base. What kind of business model is it to say "this is what we are doing whether you like it or not. And any disagreement will be met with punishment." Imagine going to McDonalds and saying I dont' want pickles on my burger and them saying "too bad, we want to serve it this way so you're getting it with pickles. And you don't like pickle, Bruiser here will bounce you out of here"
    I think a better McDonald's analogy would be the people in one line pay a buck for a big mac and the other line pays a buck for 3! And if you try to switch lines they won't let you, if you, complain you first get ignored and if you continue you're tossed out.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyjoy View Post
    I think a better McDonald's analogy would be the people in one line pay a buck for a big mac and the other line pays a buck for 3! And if you try to switch lines they won't let you, if you, complain you first get ignored and if you continue you're tossed out.
    That is a good analogy for the 3x sale. What I was thinking with mine was how it seems BB runs things in a more general sense. The overall business plan not just the 3x sale blunder.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Shall I make a photo of the current McDonalds prizing here in Germany to have a look if that really fits? We are not talking about lines we are talking about different markets. If I want to purchase an Amazon Kindle here I've got to pay 89€ ($117) if I order the same in the states it's about $79. Different market, different pricing.

BUT in the context of this event they should have known, that ppl will react and will be revolt against this offer or better against not also receiving such an offer and from this point of view it wasn't the best decission to threat customers that way. In about 2 weeks probably nobody had even noticed that there is a sale in another region.

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    McDonalds has 3 Big Macs for a dollar? BRB!

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Asiastrings View Post

i didnt think a date was needed since gem prices have NEVER changed in the 2 years i have been a loyal player here.
    however if you question me, feel free to go make a account on their server and look for yourself. no photoshopped possiblitys or anything, do your own research
    And what problems have they resolved? i posted their reply in the first comment on this thread, please read first.

Thanks
    Ser

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Ehhh another pointless whining topic...guess I'll say it again...

...3x Gem Sale would not have made any impact whatsoever on the competition whatsoextremelyever...time to understand it already

While I'm not saying the US servers shouldn't be getting a 3x sale as well, it just was trivial to the contest.

Also note that germany 1 still beat out against germany 2 and whatever server they were teamed up with. That doesn't just show issues with your crying for balancing, but also that germany 1 is _extremely_ strong on it's own. That alone is indication enough that balancing and fairness and blabla isn't just some kind of 1h talk and every possible issue having been dealt with.

Time to grow up and stop whining over a competition barely anyone cared about in the first place. Most of you should've realised that the resources put into compared to the rewards gotten were pretty marginal, specially for this losing bunch barely making it to 100% because quitting half way for the wrong reasons, not even having dealt with the real problem.
    ...and if you were, uhm...smart enough, to convert your marble and stuffs to make balloons...well congratz for playing on autopilot.

Reply to Thread