Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: TSO Breaking News!

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceruhe View Post
    Ehhh another pointless whining topic...guess I'll say it again...

...3x Gem Sale would not have made any impact whatsoever on the competition whatsoextremelyever...time to understand it already

While I'm not saying the US servers shouldn't be getting a 3x sale as well, it just was trivial to the contest.

Also note that germany 1 still beat out against germany 2 and whatever server they were teamed up with. That doesn't just show issues with your crying for balancing, but also that germany 1 is _extremely_ strong on it's own. That alone is indication enough that balancing and fairness and blabla isn't just some kind of 1h talk and every possible issue having been dealt with.

Time to grow up and stop whining over a competition barely anyone cared about in the first place. Most of you should've realised that the resources put into compared to the rewards gotten were pretty marginal, specially for this losing bunch barely making it to 100% because quitting half way for the wrong reasons, not even having dealt with the real problem.
    ...and if you were, uhm...smart enough, to convert your marble and stuffs to make balloons...well congratz for playing on autopilot.
    So people who bought the x3 gem packages- them using gems to purchase deerstalkers, watermills and recyclers WOULDNT have helped them during the competition? ok. The real issue imo is that this unfair gem sale occurred on the 4th of July. Idk how much you have invested in this game, nor do i care, but im a long time gem buyer and im very upset about this, so whining? no. rather standing up and expressing our unhappiness with this decision UBI/BB has made.
    -TH

World
    Zeus
    We are having a gem sale!

CLICK HERE!
    Last edited by EpsilonSilver; 07-24-13 at 12:23 pm.

World
    Zeus
    funny.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Thx for clarifying it isn't about the competition itself afterall, as I said, I'm in favor of the US servers getting a x3 sale as well as there shouldn't be any reason not to do it. However, that still leaves the competition aspect out of the picture, sure your deerstalker and stuff "would have helped" but I _seriously_ deny you'd have bought it _for_ the competition and not to up said production chain etc to balance out your economy, you may tell me whatever you want, I will not buy into it.

As for the 4th of July (ohh now we are digging into the real issue...), sure feels like a slap to you people, I on the other hand couldn't care less, I'm not into some pride BS that I haven't even lifted a single finger for.

Just prepare for another slap on october 3rd already so you can't say you weren't surprised.

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    Thx for clarifying it isn't about the competition itself afterall, as I said, I'm in favor of the US servers getting a x3 sale as well as there shouldn't be any reason not to do it. However, that still leaves the competition aspect out of the picture, sure your deerstalker and stuff "would have helped" but I _seriously_ deny you'd have bought it _for_ the competition and not to up said production chain etc to balance out your economy, you may tell me whatever you want, I will not buy into it.

As for the 4th of July (ohh now we are digging into the real issue...), sure feels like a slap to you people, I on the other hand couldn't care less, I'm not into some pride BS that I haven't even lifted a single finger for.

Just prepare for another slap on october 3rd already so you can't say you weren't surprised.
    If during a European holiday, do you think they would be just as upset as we are if we were given a x3 gem sale while they receive a measly 20 or 50% gem sale? and Pride BS? since when is having pride BS? COMEONMAN. If you bought gem production buildings to balance your economy and not just for the balloon event it doesnt matter, they were still made more available to churn out resources for BALLOONS during the event and a nice addition to player's islands to help balance economy after (if you actually donated balloons during the event). I dont think this is an issue to be taken lightly, from the 220 general and nords 2 other servers have all the way to this recent lopsided gem sale on a US holiday, at some point i feel that enough is enough. I love this game and the people in it but im shopping around for new games because of this as i know others are as well.
    -TH

Banned
    World
    Zeus
    ^^^ I agree

World
    Zeus
    Why am I not feeling the level of anger or disappointment that so many are here expressing?

Maybe I am just used to it and have accepted the game for what it has to offer and my hope for what will come.

It's doubtful that the types of things being railed against here are going to change.
    Last edited by EpsilonSilver; 07-25-13 at 09:07 pm.

World
    Zeus
    Ehhh another pointless whining topic...guess I'll say it again...

...3x Gem Sale would not have made any impact whatsoever on the competition whatsoextremelyever...time to understand it already

While I'm not saying the US servers shouldn't be getting a 3x sale as well, it just was trivial to the contest.

Also note that germany 1 still beat out against germany 2 and whatever server they were teamed up with. That doesn't just show issues with your crying for balancing, but also that germany 1 is _extremely_ strong on it's own. That alone is indication enough that balancing and fairness and blabla isn't just some kind of 1h talk and every possible issue having been dealt with.

Time to grow up and stop whining over a competition barely anyone cared about in the first place. Most of you should've realised that the resources put into compared to the rewards gotten were pretty marginal, specially for this losing bunch barely making it to 100% because quitting half way for the wrong reasons, not even having dealt with the real problem.
    ...and if you were, uhm...smart enough, to convert your marble and stuffs to make balloons...well congratz for playing on autopilot.

i see your from ares, wish you guys were more active there! we should not have been paired up with you guys if this event was "Fair"

gems can buy watermills, watermills can be upgraded very fast for little resources.
    gems can insta build balloons if you got a ridiculous amount for cheap..
    gems can buy recyclers, that can be upgrade cheap
    gems can buy buffs, and choco bunnys that can be given out cheap if gems were received at a low price

i may be missing a few but not wanting to spend all my morning showing a new player the relevance of gems
    if i may ask with a truthful response, in average how much have you spent on this game.

World
    Zeus

i agree with you about the 4th of july, im an american i just dont agree with many of the things we do. HOWEVER

i am a lvl 50 as many others in our server are, now the germans are a older server then zeus so i would imagine there are more 50's there correct?
    well myself i am about tapped on all gem items i can buy accept deerstalkers, watermills, silos, nobles. 3/4 of those can help in the event, and can be sold after for coin or granite. so yes, i would buy those for the event and sell after or keep for my own sake (because lvl 50 content is coming).

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    we should not have been paired up with you guys if this event was "Fair"
    Way much more than just that, balacing didn't just have issues with pairing servers properly together but on so many more fronts.

i may be missing a few but not wanting to spend all my morning showing a new player the relevance of gems
    if i may ask with a truthful response, in average how much have you spent on this game.
    That would be wasted effort anyway, I think insta'ing 25 balloons was 100 gems for me. The entire event would have given...600(?) tops. Maybe I just fail at math, but do elaborate how this is a win situation to do so, I'm quite curious.
    Also being on Ares doesn't mean all the noobs go there, I quit the german server because they were too advanced, I skipped Zeus because it was the 1st server (and if we'd take mythology into account as well, I don't even like Zeus either). But yea, nice deduction

Uh...once. 99.99 or whatever on a 20% (which gave me 28k iirc) special. And that's it and that will be it. TSO isn't a super special awesome amazing game that I'd want to spent more on it either tbh, I'm just having it open on the side and take care of it whenever I got a minute available.

On the other hand I'm playing a browsergame since 2004. More like hanging around there as it is my "internet" home. I donate there every so often and the "gem" compensation there isn't as (gamebreaking) as it is in TSO. It's more cosmetic and convenience upgrades, nothing that would influence the game...and nobody has complained even once.

i am a lvl 50 as many others in our server are, now the germans are a older server then zeus so i would imagine there are more 50's there correct?
    Very yes, which also means that they've been complaining about lack of proper endgame content and so forth for quite a while longer as well, correct? You could also assume that the most of them have their islands decked out, at level 5 and gems just wouldn't do anything for them. That is germany 1 at least. To them the gem sale probably was just as moot as it could've gotten (except some I guess, but not the majority). Contrary this would also mean they could just waste their gems...but please think about that again if a) you would've done that b) it actually made sense c) would've been the difference.

As for pride...not even sure where to start. If you raised a family and they are happy, be proud of that. You got a job you like doing, do be proud of that. However, if you are chained up and your food comes in a rotten bowl covered by insects...your pride won't help you survive jack. "Pride" is just something americans throw out at random in their everyday dictionary and fail to completely understand it's meaning. Please salute your flag to prove my point.
    Even the **** church has it listed as a "deadly sin" which is crazy enough seeing how amazing religion is as a whole. If even they can make sense between all their miracles... *washes hands and mouth with soap*

And yes, you stand corrected about unfair treatment in terms of gem sale/nords 2/blabla, you also realised that at L50 there isn't much more to do (even if Fairytale hits live and you get some new content for...1 month or so until you are done with that as well and start grinding it...which you totally love doing...) and you start complaining about this and that, pretty decent indication to move on or deal with what you got. Wish I could say I'd still play Age of Empires 2 and others, but it just hit the limit of no returns for me, therefore need to move on.

TSO is some time wasting on the side, if you are expecting much more than that...not sure what to tell you. Compared to other browergames I know, here something happens at least, some (fairly) frequent updates, those hideous events like this massacre now and Xmas...while on the other hand (ignoring adventures from xmas/20 celeb) you can't even complain much, specially like easter being able to buy a Vet and other pretty fancy goodies which didn't require you to spent money/gems on it. And the resources spent on it was worthwhile as well, even if expensive.

The only thing you can do to improve is being constructive (like the OP did). As it is a free game, you can't demand anything...this is what you'll have to understand first and foremost. Care to disagree? Feel free, but it's a waste of time yet again. Complaints usually don't go anywhere either, or if they do, things get changed in a way that you wouldn't be happy with either, because it would be unbalanced or whatever in another way.

...and if you just can't agree with something...you know where the door is. Nobody is forcing you to stay here I think. Matter of fact if all the people who are crying right now would quit, that would be much more concern for BB than anything else (losing customers that is), because if you are still there, can't be quite totally unhappy.

Reply to Thread