Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: TSO Breaking News!

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by spudseq View Post
    The Reason is probably simple..
    That server is not buying Gems at the pace we are
    so they need a bigger incentive to get them to spend some money
    we are still buying at a good pace here so we need less incentive.

I get your point about during an event
    but really there are only a few who care
    life is to short to worry about the small stuff
    Game on !
    i do not believe they buy less gems then we do as i talk with germans that play TSO.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcain View Post
    I'm not so sure how much the sale could affect the contest in an overall sense. Bc the contest is for resources so I don't see how gems would help other then making player more stable/buying endless mines, or recycles or such. What bothers me was the unfairness of the scope of the sale. We had to beg to get get even a 100% "happy hour" sale. That 3x sale doesn't appear to be for an extremely limited time like we get.
    And as far as this from the closed thread:
    "Sales vary by region based on a variety of internal factors and metrics related to the individual economies of each region."
    That that says to me is they are saying they don't give us those sales bc the US server is still willing to buy gems at the rather sad 20% sales. Its my thoughts/opinions at least.

Legalize: The thoughts and opinions expressed above are solely of the individual player and do not reflect those of the Zeus community as a whole. No malice or contempt was intended and views express are solely meant to be the opinion of player in question. haha
    you sir, made me laugh at 5:30 this morning.. the sale can be used to upgrade buildings faster, buy more building license, buy resources from gem store if needed, instant build balloons, buy Choco bunnies, as well as more im sure. even if not "used" during the Server vs Server event, it would be wise to not host gem sales in two servers while all servers are watching. the gem sales have never been the same before between servers, most everyone around here has known this to be true. the problem right now is it was running during a Fair competition..

Quote Originally Posted by EpsilonSilver View Post
    Yes, but I am still Mayor.

Please stay calm.
    anyone can type at the rate of G_f_M, nothing to be real proud of.

@ splattergod, Thank you

Thanks all,
    Ser

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    lets take the conversion into account...

99.99 euro = 131.81 usd

that is 72,000 gems so 72,000/131.81 = 546.24 gems per 1 usd.

We had a 50% jump in gems so that is 36,000 gems.

36,000/99.9 = 360.03 per usd.

So yeah not fair.

World
    Zeus
    ill pay 35$ more for twice the amount of gems : ) ive been buying gems for 2 years and best i have got is 48k (still in game mail)

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Varoon View Post
    *Edited to sort ideas out so it's a little easier to read* (It's still a wall of text oh well)

1. What really irks me the most is the fact that it happened on a US Holiday, 4th of July is not celebrated world wide... unless you count ex-pats. So if anyone was to get a massive gem sale it should be the US servers who are actually on holiday.

To me it's like throwing a surprise party and forgetting to get the person your supposed to be suppressing to come.

2. Although I don't think that the competition was thrown off by the gem sale difference it's more due to a improper balancing of server groups vs server groups. Not that you can ever get to a fair equitable competition without handicapping some groups and buffing others.

IMO it's be best if they split it into five or less "teams" consolidation would probably come as close as you can get to having a "fair" race. After all the older servers supposedly have more higher level players producing more resources, while the younger servers in large numbers can out produce a fewer older players. we saw that with the group of 5 countries moving from dead last up to 13th at the time of writing this.

3. But back to the content at hand, the 3x gem sale is unfair IMO when other servers don't get the same treatment. And if the only explanation we are going to get is that "Sales vary by region based on a variety of internal factors and metrics related to the individual economies of each region." we are of course going to assume that you are calling us a bunch of idiots that can be happily duped into buying gems at 20% sales instead of "holding out" for higher gem sales.

And if you truly are calling us a bunch of idiots I won't be surprised when TSO goes into decline in the US. Simply due to the fact that when a gamer friend asks what I'm playing I start to caveat, "I play TSO, it's fun but the management wants to screw you over so don't buy gems" sort of thing or said person just isn't told or recruited to play TSO.

4. EVE Online had a similar issue with perceived fairness they lost a huge percentage of their subscriber base to people simply quitting and going to play something else.

5. I also know that their are a fair number of my guild members who are afraid to speak up because their afraid to be banned. Just because you have managed to use the ToS as a club does not build good customer relations, and even encourages customers to walk away from the game. Once you start bleeding a significant number of customers it is *very* hard to get our goodwill back. It can easily become systemic within the community.

*Conclusion* To tie all of these anecdotes together what I'm trying to say is be *very* careful or *very* clear as to why something that can be perceived as an unfair advantage is given to one server (or player) over another, that is the rumblings that you are hearing from the community.

We would like to feel valued as customers, not just used as a side profit, if left to our own conclusions with the information that we currently have, we are inevitably going to conclude that we are nothing more than bags of money to the TSO management.

So please enlighten us and flesh out "Sales vary by region based on a variety of internal factors and metrics related to the individual economies of each region." a bit more please...

Varoon
    I totally agree with everything Varoon said, even though it is long and wordy, it needs to be said anyway. NO MORE unfair advantage for other countries...we are tired of that treatment. "Sales vary by region based on a variety of internal factors and metrics related to the individual economies of each region."???? Is the rest of the world blind to the fact that we (at least we in the Detroit region) are still in a huge recession and our economy is in the dumpster?? The morale for us is low enough as it is without adding the additional stress of something that is supposed to be 'entertaining' but turns out frustrating instead. Sure, we could always quit, but some of us have invested a lot of time and even some cash to have a nice island and be able to chat with our gaming friends. The Settlers are getting restless... we just want what everyone else gets. Why is that so hard to understand. Don't throw a bunch of math speak into the equation of why we don't get what they do, I don't speak math and everyone here knows it, but I DO know what is far and what is not. So please, no more jerking us around. We are able to communicate with the rest of the world and know what is happening. WE ARE NOT THAT STUPID!

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenity6 View Post

anyone can type at the rate of G_f_M, nothing to be real proud of.

Thanks
    Ser
    WHAT did I do?

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    A reasonable question raised by Serenity...waiting for a response....waiting....(aging)....waiting....

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I haven't seen this question yet...maybe I missed it. In Germany and the U.K., do gem items cost 3X what they do in the U.S.? If you pay 125 gems for choco bunny's on all servers, then all the smoke of "Sales vary by region based on a variety of internal factors and metrics related to the individual economies of each region." make's no sense. 3X the gems = 3X the number of choco bunny's = 3X the advantage regardless of local economics = 3X unfair.....or am I missing 3X something?

World
    Zeus
    The gem items cost the exact same on all servers.

World
    Zeus
    take the time to read this if you have it, well worded. glad to see everyone debating within the ToS walls

Quote Originally Posted by Varoon View Post
    *Edited to sort ideas out so it's a little easier to read* (It's still a wall of text oh well)

1. What really irks me the most is the fact that it happened on a US Holiday, 4th of July is not celebrated world wide... unless you count ex-pats. So if anyone was to get a massive gem sale it should be the US servers who are actually on holiday.

To me it's like throwing a surprise party and forgetting to get the person your supposed to be suppressing to come.

2. Although I don't think that the competition was thrown off by the gem sale difference it's more due to a improper balancing of server groups vs server groups. Not that you can ever get to a fair equitable competition without handicapping some groups and buffing others.

IMO it's be best if they split it into five or less "teams" consolidation would probably come as close as you can get to having a "fair" race. After all the older servers supposedly have more higher level players producing more resources, while the younger servers in large numbers can out produce a fewer older players. we saw that with the group of 5 countries moving from dead last up to 13th at the time of writing this.

3. But back to the content at hand, the 3x gem sale is unfair IMO when other servers don't get the same treatment. And if the only explanation we are going to get is that "Sales vary by region based on a variety of internal factors and metrics related to the individual economies of each region."

4. EVE Online had a similar issue with perceived fairness they lost a huge percentage of their subscriber base to people simply quitting and going to play something else.

5. I also know that their are a fair number of my guild members who are afraid to speak up because their afraid to be banned. Just because you have managed to use the ToS as a club does not build good customer relations, and even encourages customers to walk away from the game. Once you start bleeding a significant number of customers it is *very* hard to get our goodwill back. It can easily become systemic within the community.

*Conclusion* To tie all of these anecdotes together what I'm trying to say is be *very* careful or *very* clear as to why something that can be perceived as an unfair advantage is given to one server (or player) over another, that is the rumblings that you are hearing from the community.

We would like to feel valued as customers, not just used as a side profit, if left to our own conclusions with the information that we currently have, we are inevitably going to conclude that we are nothing more than bags of money to the TSO management.

So please enlighten us and flesh out "Sales vary by region based on a variety of internal factors and metrics related to the individual economies of each region." a bit more please...

Varoon

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    I simply can't fathom a company that refuses to listen to the needs and concerns of its client base. What kind of business model is it to say "this is what we are doing whether you like it or not. And any disagreement will be met with punishment." Imagine going to McDonalds and saying I dont' want pickles on my burger and them saying "too bad, we want to serve it this way so you're getting it with pickles. And you don't like pickle, Bruiser here will bounce you out of here"
    Last edited by Arcain; 07-22-13 at 05:52 pm. Reason: making it better

Reply to Thread