Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Misleading balance information in pinewood log production chain.

  1. #1
    Recruit
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    6
    World
    Zeus

    Misleading balance information in pinewood log production chain.

    This is such a low priority that it will never get fixed, but I thought I would report it anyway.

    If you are in the economic overview looking at the production chain for pinewood logs, there is an issue when pinewood stumps go to zero. If your chain is balanced and you have enough foresters to keep up with the cutters, the chain will shown green for trees as long as there is at least one stump somewhere on the island. If the stumps go to zero, the trees part of the chain goes to red with a large negative number for tree production. The instant there is at least one stump somewhere on the island, the red turns green again and the negative number becomes a positive number.

    This is merely annoying. It does not harm anything -- other than possibly confusing people who thought their pinewood log production chain was balanced. It actually is still balanced. There is probably just an overflow somewhere in the code when tree stumps go to zero.

  2. #2
    Recruit
    Join Date
    Mar 2024
    Posts
    1
    World
    Ares
    Just build more Forest planters.

  3. #3
    Soldier
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    70
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by PubliusTheKiller View Post
    Just build more Forest planters.
    How about just fix the bug? This is not a workaround or 'deal with it' forum, it's a bug forum. One small thing coded incorrectly can affect other unnoticed worse issues too and reveal them in fixing it.

  4. #4
    Recruit
    Join Date
    Apr 2023
    Posts
    5
    World
    Zeus
    This bug was fixed back in the 5th Century. Your about 1500 years behind on your Maths updates.

  5. #5
    Soldier
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    70
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Stichus View Post
    This bug was fixed back in the 5th Century. Your about 1500 years behind on your Maths updates.
    I don't know if this bug has been fixed, but I've learned you're a very poor source for whether or not bugs have been fixed.

  6. #6
    Recruit
    Join Date
    Apr 2023
    Posts
    5
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Frii View Post
    I don't know if this bug has been fixed, but I've learned you're a very poor source for whether or not bugs have been fixed.
    So I guess you failed to notice that this thread is from 9 years 7 months ago.

  7. #7
    Soldier
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    70
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Stichus View Post
    So I guess you failed to notice that this thread is from 9 years 7 months ago.
    Wrong and it would not surprise me if a bug that old was not fixed, I have recently reported issues that have gone unfixed for at least 8 years. You shouldn't assume that because a bug is old it must have been fixed. You're just a troll.

  8. #8
    Recruit
    Join Date
    Apr 2023
    Posts
    5
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Frii View Post
    Wrong and it would not surprise me if a bug that old was not fixed, I have recently reported issues that have gone unfixed for at least 8 years. You shouldn't assume that because a bug is old it must have been fixed. You're just a troll.
    Go back and read the original post. That player is saying a production chain when you have got resources in the deposits is showing a positive result, but when there are 0 resources in the deposits a negative result shows for the production chain. That is not a bug it is reality. The foresters are demanding more than what's available which is zero so the chain goes red.

    Since the original post a fix was applied to that particular production chain to improve the way it worked but it had unintended results so was rolled back. Since that time a change was made to workers pathing. So any such bug we have now would be a new bug not the old bug.

  9. #9
    Soldier
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    70
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Stichus View Post
    Go back and read the original post. That player is saying a production chain when you have got resources in the deposits is showing a positive result, but when there are 0 resources in the deposits a negative result shows for the production chain. That is not a bug it is reality. The foresters are demanding more than what's available which is zero so the chain goes red.

    Since the original post a fix was applied to that particular production chain to improve the way it worked but it had unintended results so was rolled back. Since that time a change was made to workers pathing. So any such bug we have now would be a new bug not the old bug.
    So why didn't you reply with that in the first place, rather than trolling me with; "This bug was fixed back in the 5th Century. Your about 1500 years behind on your Maths updates?"

    You seem to have a chip on your shoulder with people posting about bugs and providing feedback and know more than you should for someone that only created a troll account here in Apr 2023.

Reply to Thread

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts