Reply to Thread

Thread: Exhausted Mines

Recruit
    World
    Ares

Exhausted Mines

I read somwhere in the forums that once your geo finds another deposit, your exhausted mine comes is recommisioned:confused rather than tearing it down and rebuilding it. I have found this not to be true. Once the geo finds another deposit on top of my exhausted mine, the mine just disappears. Any comments?

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    There are two types of deposits, ones that require a new building each time to extract the product, and those that don't. In the first category, you have Copper, Iron, Coal & Gold - every time you extract the last unit from the mine, your building is destroyed. You need to send a geo out to find that mine again and build another Copper Mine, Iron Mine, Coal Mine or Gold Mine to begin extracting again. Stone & Marble deposits work differently. You build permanent Stone Masons or Marble Masons and place them near the deposit(s). When those deposits deplete, you send your geo out to find them again and your Stone/Marble Mason will start working the deposit.

For the Copper/Iron/Coal/Gold Mine buildings - you get a building license back when the building is destroyed. That allows you to build another.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Thanks. Helpful.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    the building does not disappear, you have to tear it down.

Phonia
    If this is true There are two types of deposits, ones that require a new building each time to extract the product, and those that don't. In the first category, you have Copper, Iron, Coal & Gold - every time you extract the last unit from the mine, your building is destroyed. You need to send a geo out to find that mine again and build another Copper Mine, Iron Mine, Coal Mine or Gold Mine to begin extracting again. Stone & Marble deposits work differently. You build permanent Stone Masons or Marble Masons and place them near the deposit(s). When those deposits deplete, you send your geo out to find them again and your Stone/Marble Mason will start working the deposit.

For the Copper/Iron/Coal/Gold Mine buildings - you get a building license back when the building is destroyed. That allows you to build another.WHY DO I NOT GET THE LICENSE'S BACK I HAVE LOST MANY AND HAVE HAD TO BUY NEW ONES WITH GEMS. PLEASE HELP

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by jigaloobie View Post
    I read somwhere in the forums that once your geo finds another deposit, your exhausted mine comes is recommisioned:confused rather than tearing it down and rebuilding it. I have found this not to be true. Once the geo finds another deposit on top of my exhausted mine, the mine just disappears. Any comments?
    that is correct, when a new deposit is found, you must rebuild the mine,(geo WILL NOT refill an exhausted mine) your "best bet" is to tear down a particular mine BEFORE it expires (or runs out) then you wil get some resources back and your building liscense, and you can then send geologist to find a new deposit . :-) hope this helps

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Phonia View Post
    For the Copper/Iron/Coal/Gold Mine buildings - you get a building license back when the building is destroyed. That allows you to build another.WHY DO I NOT GET THE LICENSE'S BACK I HAVE LOST MANY AND HAVE HAD TO BUY NEW ONES WITH GEMS. PLEASE HELP
    If this is really what is happening, then you need to file a support ticket.

However...
    Many people think that they don't get the license back, but they really do.
    More likely, you got the license back when the mine collapsed, built some other building with it in the course of playing the game, then when you wanted to rebuild the mine you found you didn't have enough licenses anymore.

Try to keep enough free licenses to re-build all the mines you have that will need them.
    Last edited by map42; 09-25-13 at 11:57 am. Reason: typo

Reply to Thread