Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Dev's Diary: Science System, Part 2

Veteran General
    World
    Zeus
    medium searches are already the best treasure hunt, i calculated this a while back.
    More of the same "new" content with a different bow? I will give more of the "same" towards my gem accumulation.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Draconus2004 View Post
    medium searches are already the best treasure hunt, i calculated this a while back.
    do you have a link to your calculations. i'm curious to see them.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Just_n calculates it out frequently:

Zeus Price List

Explorers Value per hr

Short Treasure 0.510
    Medium Treasure 1.138
    Long Treasure 0.766
    Very Long Treasure 0.795
    Short Adventure 1.452
    Medium Adventure 1.485
    Long Adventure 1.029

Ares Price Guide

Explorers Value per hr

Short Treasure 0.501
    Medium Treasure 1.117
    Long Treasure 0.597
    Very Long Treasure 0.602
    Short Adventure 1.253
    Medium Adventure 1.472
    Long Adventure 1.082

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I hope when they implement this they offer a short interval where you can fully refund all of your spent books.

It would be awesome to redistribute them across geos and explorers.

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    Or at least put a cap on the bookbinder.

World
    Zeus
    This is rather disappointing that they're rolling out the Explorer Science system and ignoring the feedback that has been posted on the test server:

http://forum.tsotesting.com/threads/...ethings-to-FIX

You guys should go over there and make some noise and rage about the new explorer skills system.
    Especially the 2 useless top tier skills that provide very little in terms of drop rate.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    My only problem is that a single level one lettersmith and a level one intermediate papermill are more than enough to support the science system the whole time(by the whole time, I mean forever). An ornamentalsmith at level one produces way to much as well as a level one advanced papermill for what I need verses the two level four finesmiths and three level three simple papermills that i need for manuscripts. And it gets worse when I need 5 manuscripts to make a tome, and 3 tomes to make a codex. I did the math, and a level one lettersmith and a level one intermediate papermill can produce enough for two people if they run constantly, and the ornamentalsmith and the advanced papermill produces enough for 9 people if they run constantly.

I get the point that it is supposed to take a while to fully develop several explorers, but im looking at nearly six years. I don't mind it taking forever, but is there anyway that we can have more than a level one ornamentalsmith/advanced papermill/lettersmith/intermediate papermill and get benefits towards the massive amount of time that is required?