Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Lvl 50 What would you spend your money on?

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    i guess if you already bought the 5 gem pits that the premium accounts are the only way to get some extra stuff.

World
    Zeus
    What will I spend my money on:

1. An additional island (ability to get more licenses included).
    2. Landfill building - allows a settler to fill in portions of my island; effectively expanding space to build
    3. Pier / Ship builder - presumes the start of sea battle adventures.
    4. Expert Geologist - finds granite/titanium mines.
    5. Granite/Titanium mine
    6. Endless Coal mine
    7. Endless Gold mine
    8. Exotic Granary - produces wheat without the need of wheatfields
    9. Exotic Wood Forrester/Cutter/Sawmill
    10. An additional Provision House
    11. A new type of military unit production chain
    12. Endless Fisherman
    13. Ability to upgrade existing buildings to level 10 (production & building appearance adjusted per level change)
    14. Mysterious Decoration Building - exchange a deco item for a different randomly generated deco item.
    15. Mysterious Population maker Demolition/Exchange Building - have a Demolition settler destroy a population increasing building and randomly reward you with a different one (like a chance to convert a Dark Castle to a Witch Tower)

And last, but not the least, a PC game tie in that will allow a player to zoom, rotate, add building enhancements, geographic enhancement and many other fixins to the existing island; PC game interfacing with web browser game... maybe call it Settlers 8.

TickleTickle

PILE

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by xethilus View Post
    not saying anything against players that try to help in test or in the development of new game aspects but I really feel that the developers are living in there own little world and have no idea what the every day player wants or will spend there money on
    I agree. developers probably think we want decoration at 50. :-)
    maybe some players want that but majority of players don't want that.

Take Age of Empires online for example. they made huge mistake of just pumping out decoration vanity junk for people to buy with their empire points.

I would prefer more interesting game mechanics like PVP island control and winner takes loot of the island home or something.

though premium is what people might spend gems on. and nords 2. :-) nords 2 has frozen manor 140 pop.

what might be cool is having champions that you can add to your unit control. or ways to convert some troops to special types.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by RMAGPILE View Post
    What will I spend my money on:

1. An additional island (ability to get more licenses included).
    2. Landfill building - allows a settler to fill in portions of my island; effectively expanding space to build
    3. Pier / Ship builder - presumes the start of sea battle adventures.
    4. Expert Geologist - finds granite/titanium mines.
    5. Granite/Titanium mine
    6. Endless Coal mine
    7. Endless Gold mine
    8. Exotic Granary - produces wheat without the need of wheatfields
    9. Exotic Wood Forrester/Cutter/Sawmill
    10. An additional Provision House
    11. A new type of military unit production chain
    12. Endless Fisherman
    13. Ability to upgrade existing buildings to level 10 (production & building appearance adjusted per level change)
    14. Mysterious Decoration Building - exchange a deco item for a different randomly generated deco item.
    15. Mysterious Population maker Demolition/Exchange Building - have a Demolition settler destroy a population increasing building and randomly reward you with a different one (like a chance to convert a Dark Castle to a Witch Tower)

And last, but not the least, a PC game tie in that will allow a player to zoom, rotate, add building enhancements, geographic enhancement and many other fixins to the existing island; PC game interfacing with web browser game... maybe call it Settlers 8.

TickleTickle

PILE
    I like your ideas. I had same or similar ideas as well. I suggested a few of them already on test server and suggestions forum.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by G_F_M View Post
    i guess if you already bought the 5 gem pits that the premium accounts are the only way to get some extra stuff.
    I guess you can buy 5 more gem pits. :-) but It goes back to what would you spend those gems on?

only thing left is premium accounts and maybe nords. once you bought the limited items.
    unlimited buildings you can buy from other players. :-) even if you bought a few of these- you can only use so many of them on the island.

assuming you spent money on 1 gem pit and ended up with 120,000 gems eventually.

that's a lot of gems and will get you almost everything you need. reserve another 20,000 gems to start up the next 5 gem pits chain. and you'll end up with another 120,000.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Gem Pits are limited to 5 in total. I don't think you can buy new ones after the old depleted.

And 5 gemspits are not enough to get all the good stuff ;-)

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorsten View Post
    Gem Pits are limited to 5 in total. I don't think you can buy new ones after the old depleted.

And 5 gemspits are not enough to get all the good stuff ;-)
    Test server recently increased it to 10 pits now. :-)

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    really?! that would be AMAZING :-)

Reply to Thread