Reply to Thread

Thread: HOW TO CHANGE GUILD LEADER and SUCCESSION RANKING

Retired Community Leader ShuttlePilot's Avatar
    World
    Zeus

HOW TO CHANGE GUILD LEADER and SUCCESSION RANKING

1) make sure potential new guild leader builds a guild house
    2) this person should have the number 1 in their succession designation as the leadership will roll down the line
    3) current guild leader hit "step down" button and will receive a confirmation asking if you want to step down and make "x" Guild Leader
    4) hit yes -
    5) a mail with a Guild Shield will land in that person's box, they need to click accept.
    6) they will receive a "use your power wisely" notice and a notice that the transfer was successful

Succession:

Appears to autoload in order of entrance into the guild
    To change simply go to the name that you want to be ranked and change their number accordingly
    The screen will jump around a bit, but will roll that name to the top of the screen and then from their you can keep clicking until the number is where you want it.

If you get stuck, feel free to mail me -- TC's walked through it.

EDIT: If you are the current guild leader with powers -- and you are not showing as guild leader, read my post further down that has instructions on how to remedy this.

Cheers,
    SP -- retired TC Guild Leader
    Last edited by ShuttlePilot; 08-24-13 at 08:03 am.
    Guild Leader, The Creators

That which does not bore me, makes me stranger...

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    aww, retiring?? enjoy!
    but i do have a question about succession: in my guild, for some reason, the player ranked #1 is low level, inactive, hasn't done guild quest.....
    how could this be? what was the ranking criteria??? and this person is definitely not the "oldest" guild member?? you said "order of entrance"???

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I think it is up the to Guild Leader

Retired Community Leader ShuttlePilot's Avatar
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegante View Post
    aww, retiring?? enjoy!
    but i do have a question about succession: in my guild, for some reason, the player ranked #1 is low level, inactive, hasn't done guild quest.....
    how could this be? what was the ranking criteria??? and this person is definitely not the "oldest" guild member?? you said "order of entrance"???

Thanks, Elegante. It appears that the interface automatically ranks the succession in order of entrance/seniority in the guild -- i.e., who has been in the guild the longest. The current guild leader could have set that person, or just been messing around with the buttons and it kicked that person when they clicked the arrows. In any event, it's very easy to straighten out. If the currently listed guild leader becomes inactive for a length of time, the position will autoroll to the person designated as "1".

Also, if there is a snafu and the current real guild leader (who has guild leader powers) is not listed as guild leader, that person -- the real guild leader, who also will see the controls, can just put him/herself as "1" then click the "step down" button, and it will roll them to guild leader. If that does not work, they simply need to put someone else as "1" then step down again, have that person then accept guild leader position for a few minutes, designate the original leader as "1", and then step down. This was a glitch TC noticed and that was the work around that fixed the issue.

Hope this helps.

SP
    Guild Leader, The Creators

That which does not bore me, makes me stranger...

World
    Ares
    ShuttlePilot LOLOLOLOL OMG Where were you when we were absolutely stuck trying to get it to work trying to understand it !!! lolololol
    All I can say is Thanks for clearing this up and explaining, what you've just done is vitally important or critical.
    We actually, #8 Guild, which was our overflow Guild, for Zeus on TSO, was stolen. Yep, Stolen, and took days with help of other hosts, and Zeus server to actually get it back.. But the poor Host went thru allot just to accomplish it...

For my exp, I wasn't ever able to pass Zeus Guild to Ginger just for testing purposes and we tried and tried and tried... Thank you for writing this thread, everyone needs to study it and read it and keep it especially- If you are Hosting... Book Mark this Thread!

I do hope though that it does work for people, ourselves we failed on test server, while others did not. We actually reset twice with Ginger hosting the last reset Guild and he was not able to pass it either. It seems tricky to me. And as for it deciding the succession list! lol that I feel BB needs to fix and it should Never be allowed to designate a non officer in its successors list. This I shall let BB know on Test Server, I'd forgotten about it... sorry.

Appreciated;
    Asia

Reply to Thread