Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Geologist Skill Tree Question

Recruit
    World
    Ares

Lightbulb Geologist Skill Tree Question

I have a question about Hidden Stone Stash. It says you have a 10%/20%/30% chance of finding treasure when searching for stone deposits. But it only seems to work when you discover a new stone deposits. The skill clear says when you search for stone deposits not when you only discover or find new stone deposits. Can someone tell me if its a bug or they just poorly worded the skill and have to fix it. Thank you for any help towards this matter.

Good Citizen Award Recipient Domesday's Avatar
    World
    Ares
    I think you may have been reading too much into this. A failed search results in nothing. If you have found all your stone deposits you should not conduct a search for the associated treasure.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    The wording is awkward but to answer your question, it's working as intended and is not a bug.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Txch View Post
    The wording is awkward but to answer your question, it's working as intended and is not a bug.
    not awkward, it's misleading, in error, wrong, inaccurate and needs to be changed.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    The wording is not the best, and this is not unusual. It's best to double check on the forums on how things actually work before assuming and doing it yourself. Assuming it works one way, can be really expensive on quests and events and such.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    seriously, the wording is just plain wrong. wth is with defending it? a company that makes such a blatent pay2win game needs to be kept on their toes fixing things. making excuses for them = nothing gets fixed. newbs get suckered spending on something useless because it's description is an outright lie. oh, wait, they can by a full reset from the shop and get all their books back, silly me.

just stop, ubi and BB are big boys, they don't need you or anyone else to defend them or make excuses for their mistakes.

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Ehhh, there is so much more to it.
    I'd say it common sense to not get anything from it if you aren't eligible for finding any of said deposit.
    On the other hand properly describing stuff should also be a given. Not that it really matters since 8/10 people can't read anyway. Let alone understand. Unless it's bug/exploit/loophole using, then everyone magically seems to understand the first time around.

Back to topic...
    That description was actually accurate, since you were able to find treasures even though you were not able to find any deposits, just the "search for X" part. Seeing as a stone search takes ~40s-2 minutes and yields 25 of either stone/pwp/hwp/marble, it shouldn't come to a surprise that people will now send Geos 24/7 on a search to find free resources. As such, you could remove your stone masons, pwp sawmills, marble masons and hwp sawmills, simply because you can create the resources out of thin air (regardless if the pace is to your liking or not).
    So simple math tells us that lot of people*alot of super short searches*amount of Geos*alot of spare time*30% of finding stuff for free yields in a somewhat broken economy. Which then will turn people into crying about another useless part of the game (such as titan smelter and everything beyond that). However, they will happily join into said loophole while it lasts. Greed is infinite after all.

With that said again, seen enough games where something little changed and a whole lot of descriptions would've needed a tweak or two but hasn't received so after years.

Just hope they also fixed the stuff with copper/iron/coal/gold searches, specially in those last 3, seeing as there is a potential loophole for a lot of people that don't have enough BL's or plans to run every single mine at all times.

Gonna spare you my rant on peoples greed and morality though, wouldn't be able to post until next week or so.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceruhe View Post
    Ehhh, there is so much more to it. no, there isn't, text should be changed from 'searching for' to 'finding a' simple eh?
    I'd say it common sense to not get anything from it if you aren't eligible for finding any of said deposit.that's what text descriptions are for in a game, not guesswork, not flailing blindly especially not with costly resources
    On the other hand properly describing stuff should also be a given. Not that it really matters since 8/10 people can't read anyway. Let alone understand. Unless it's bug/exploit/loophole using, then everyone magically seems to understand the first time around.
    ex. someone tells you if you look for their wallet they'll give you $20, so you look, don't find it but hey, you should still get $20 cause you looked for it right? anyone would see that as i get $20 just for looking, no mention of only if i find it was made.

Back to topic...
    That description was actually accurate, since you were able to find treasures even though you were not able to find any deposits, just the "search for X" part. Seeing as a stone search takes ~40s-2 minutes and yields 25 of either stone/pwp/hwp/marble, it shouldn't come to a surprise that people will now send Geos 24/7 on a search to find free resources. As such, you could remove your stone masons, pwp sawmills, marble masons and hwp sawmills, simply because you can create the resources out of thin air (regardless if the pace is to your liking or not).
    So simple math tells us that lot of people*alot of super short searches*amount of Geos*alot of spare time*30% of finding stuff for free yields in a somewhat broken economy. Which then will turn people into crying about another useless part of the game (such as titan smelter and everything beyond that). However, they will happily join into said loophole while it lasts. Greed is infinite after all.

With that said again, seen enough games where something little changed and a whole lot of descriptions would've needed a tweak or two but hasn't received so after years.

Just hope they also fixed the stuff with copper/iron/coal/gold searches, specially in those last 3, seeing as there is a potential loophole for a lot of people that don't have enough BL's or plans to run every single mine at all times.

Gonna spare you my rant on peoples greed and morality though, wouldn't be able to post until next week or so.
    the description was inaccurate, blaming the player(s) for a games/devs mistakes is the worst sort of fanboyism around. especially one so obviously wrong. fine, you like the game, still shouldn't make you blind to it's flaws just because you like it. or start defending it and blaming other gamers for it's errors. protip, it's ok to like something flaws and all...that's life, nothings perfect. however in the case of a game, those flaws can be fixed.

edit:
    oh, don't EVEN try common sense arguments in this game, common sense would entail being able to build as much as you want since supposedly you own the territories you start with/claim. buffs shouldn't multiply output when the input is the same, there is no common sense about game logic. or illogic as the case may be.
    Last edited by Violace; 09-03-13 at 06:37 pm. Reason: common sense

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Ahh, too bad you guessed wrong with me being a fanboy of this game/company, not that I wanted to shatter your baseless assumption there. Sorry if I did.
    As I already stated, the description _was_ accurate before, but due to said loopholes it isn't anymore. Simple fix? Most certainly you are right about that. Game breaking? Don't even...

Entertain me some more though, wonder if I should throw you a grammar **** bone while I'm at it.
    Oh yea, haters gonna hate.

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Good question, and thanks for the answers. This is actually important. Just the other day I added a book to my skill tree that increases the chance of me finding mined gold when I search for gold ore. I assumed that I could find mined gold even when I send my geologist out in search of gold even if all my gold ore spots have been found. I have one gold mine running and all the other spots have been found. I just restock the one mine and never build any more because they cost so much. So there's no real point to putting more books into this skill tree...wish I'd known.

Reply to Thread